This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Episodes

so we have Unending in Stargate universe, Deconstruction of falling stars(or Sleeping in light) in Babylon 5, Serenity movie(well it's not an episode it's a whole movie.But it doesn't matter.), and other final episodes from various shows(ST:Voyager, Enterprise, Farscape, X-files, DS9 and others)

which one of them do you like most?and why?which one of them is the most emotional?

Feel free to discuss
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Farscape - Peacekeer Wars and Serenity

Best endings imo, they leave space for more.

Haven't seen Unending yet.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      Deconstruction of falling stars(or Sleeping in light) in Babylon 5
      I'm not sure which counts as the ending. Deconstruction of falling stars is the fate of humanity and what becomes of us (originally intended to be the season 5 finale, IMHO that would have been a great end to the show) wheras sleeping in the light is the end of the show.

Both still great eps though.

I'd way that they are the best endings, but then again I'm a B5 fanatic
      The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Just a thought, wouldn't this thread be better placed in general sci-fi/fantasy discussion
        The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

For me X-Files was the most, it was the best ending to a Sci Fi series i;ve seen, in terms of the action and quality of it. And Also the part were

Spoiler:
          Muler and Scully get together

Ends it perfectly.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
            I'm not sure which counts as the ending. Deconstruction of falling stars is the fate of humanity and what becomes of us (originally intended to be the season 5 finale, IMHO that would have been a great end to the show) wheras sleeping in the light is the end of the show.

Both still great eps though.

I'd way that they are the best endings, but then again I'm a B5 fanatic
            I think it was considered as the final episode of B5 and after that they decided to continue with season 5
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

"All good things" TNG
              to take the series right back to the beginning with the Q courtroom, fate of mankind story was great, it brilliantly bookended the series.
              the episode has a fantastic Sci fi story as well as a cracking script and character development.
              picard goes mad, riker turns into an a**ehole, worf is a bureaucrat it was well thought out stuff and a welcome return for Q.
              they really saved the best for last. the scenes between Q and Picard were their best in the series, its such a shame his character just became a 2 dimensional comic foil for janeway, but as they say all good things must come to an end.

i also loved the idea of deconstruction of falling stars.
              although Garibaldi causing a nuclear holocaust was a bit of a stretch for me!

has anyone seen the last episode of the prisoner? i didnt think it was that good but i wanted to know if anyone else experienced the absolute madness that was that episode.
              To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

What with everything ending, I thought I would go over to Wikipedia and have a good old read up on SG1 and the final season and eps.

Something caught my attention:
                In January 2007, Sci Fi announced on their website and on the Sci Fi Channel that the remaining ten episodes of season ten-billed as "Season 10.5"-will air beginning April 13, 2007, a month after the final episode aired on Sky One in the UK.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_sg1

I'm probably just not understanding what they've typed - but it has left me a little perplexed as to the whole 'season 10.5' thing.

Comment

Last ep of Star trek the next gen was very good but the most Emotive for me was Quantum leap so sad I can’t bring my self to write about it any more.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    which one of them do you like most?and why?which one of them is the most emotional?

Feel free to discuss
                    Hello, this is my first post here (I've read this forum for many months) and I'm sorry if my written english is not good enough but I hope you'll be able to understand anyway (maube a lantian translator will help).

I'd like to comment now because this is the "end" of my prefferred scifi series. I've been a long time Star Trek fan. Then I "discovered" Stargate SG1 and really enjoyed it.

The fun introduced by O'Neil behaviour was a total new thing for scifi, at least for me. But what really made me like SG-1 was that we weren't the super advanced good ones. While in startrek by playing on a toch screen they could do anything, in Stargate we had a piece of technlogy we were just able to make... spin! We fighted aliwns with normal guns. Sometimes we got our victories, sometimes we failed, see for example episode with the X-301.

Then the Prometheus change a bit the situation, but it was still Stargate SG-1, not Star Trek Enterprise.
                    Then the new ships, the improvements in tech. Oner can say "oh no, now it's too easy" but it has all been earned, episode after episode (and wnyway it's still science FICTION) so it made me feel proud of our (tau'ri) progressess, every single one, from beaming tecnology to sensors, from the ZPM (thanks Asurans, thanks captain of the Tria ) to... evrything else.

And now the conclusion.
                    It's the first time I feel happy after seeing the last episode of last season of something. OK, it's open to future development and we know there will be, but een if not, we GOT the big prize. WE got all Asgard knowoledge base (plus interactive GUI holograms), WE got all their technology and their latest weapon. WE are able to beat the ORI. And to replicate stuff too. This does open a lot of possibilities not only for fan fiction but even for a third show, maybe in a world were Stargate program has been revealed.

OK, then there is the time thing. A good plot, maybe it would have deserved a two parts episode to be appreciated more. It has been proposed as some sketch and a music video. It could be done better, for sure, but I don't think it's what I'll recall more when thinking of SG-1 as a whole.

I'll recall a show were we started as young and we earned our progresses, episode after episode, season after season. Not that it's realistic to get such advancements in ten years but as said, it's still fiction (well.. who know... maybe the "you are good, you get all our stuff" happened in new Mexixo in 1947, it's funny to beleive )

So on the end, I'm happy because it has been a great show and it's ended in a way that make long-time fans proud of what the team accomplished and how they did.

Hope the DVD movies will not ruin all, but anyway... we can live with Unending as well.

Now I'm curious to see what will happen in Atlantis now that we can have our power sources (while still less powerful than a ZPM) and more important, now that we will able to UNDERSTAND more of advanced technlolgy (having access to the how, and an holographic GUI to interact with is better than opening a random page in a book full of letters you just have learned to read, as with the Ancient database).

Thanks for reading

Comment

Not strictly sci-fi, 'tis fantasy, but Angel will always be my favorite finale, Not Fade Away was one of the best hours of television I've ever seen. DS9 comes in at a close second, a stunning finale to what had been the best arc the sci-fi genre had seen in a long time, the Dominion War.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I thought the final episode of The X-Files was awful. Probably my joint favourite TV show with Stargate, and it ended so...poorly. Like an action film, with no intellect, and the regurgitation of characters who should have been dead (Cancer Man). The additions of Doggett and Reyes completed the ruin (would have been great if they'd been killed off too).

The SG-1 finale was decent, but RDA should have shown up.

Comment

Just finished watching Unending and I find it to be an excellent ending. Slightly saddened by the end of SG1 as a series but glad it had such a great end-episode.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                          X