Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It probably won't end up this way, but the working title makes me picture just a pratfall wedding full of screw ups and maybe some dramatic he almost doesn't make it because he went to work and got shot by Baal's Jaffa and Ishta's ready to kick his a$$, but he shows up at the last minute and all is happy stereotypical tv show. But I think CJ could do it well.

Although... given other spoilers I wonder if it is he & Ishta. I would like that, but it seems to me the man is getting around a bit too much in season 8 to be getting married.

Comment

Why is it that Teal'c only seems to get dialogue when CJ writes an episode? I want more Teal'c!!!

Mira
      "Now we wait for the Giaaant Alieens." - Nick Ballard

Comment

<<<I don't think the Jaffa view remarriage, especially after death, as a betrayal. At leastt the impression I get from other aspects of their culture.>>>

Of course..this would be a great time to explore that. Would Ry'ac feel Teal'c was betraying his mother in some way? You gotta remember that throughout the one where Drey'uac was remarried, Ry'ac was a bit out of sorts, you know being brain-washed and all. He was tought that his father was a traitor...and there wasn't much time to go into that aspect. Then the guy dies and there's no more step-dad, so *shrugs*. I'd love to see a few episodes that delve into the Jaffa society... I find it really interesting. Kind of the Klingons mixed with the US Marines, with a dash of Knights of the Round Table thrown in.
        SPOILER SPACE...just in case S8
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        I really hope Bra'tac doesn't die... I like him. From what I heard, Teal'c gets his own place out in "the Real World", and I don't think Ishta is gonna go for pretending to be a normal human at all. I would be really nice to add some dimention to Ry'ac by letting him get married...kind of an ep where Teal'c realizes all he's missed by being away so much. All of a sudden, his son is getting married... he didn't even know the kid had a girlfriend (or whatever they call it). Plus, then Ry'ac would have something more to talk about than how he's just as good a warrior as Teal'c, and how it really sux that his father's never around much. (I'd love to hear him say "sux"..then cover by saying that it's something Col. O'Neill had said, or that he learned it from being around the Tou'ri warriors.)
        As for who's gonna die... *shrugs* just as long as we don't fall into the "death of the season" trend they've got going lately.
        - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
        THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
        BM: "Aren't they all?"
        www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
        www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mira
          Why is it that Teal'c only seems to get dialogue when CJ writes an episode? I want more Teal'c!!!

Mira
          It's cuz Chris knows what the character would say/ do, and he's been really pro-active in getting Teal'c more lines. Everybody else is happy just shrugging it off as "just the way it is". I think Chris gets bored just standing around, raising his eyebrow. (I'm only guessing, cuz I don't know the man, but from what I've seen, he's a very animated person. Like the poster-boy for adult ADD or something!)
          Thank God for Chris' writing and acting talent! I love the episodes he's written. Instantly three of my favorite Stargate episodes.
          (I want more Teal'c TOO!)
          - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
          THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
          BM: "Aren't they all?"
          www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
          www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

I think Chris would like to see more activity with Jolene whether the two get married in the episode or not!

Comment

I think that Ry'ac getting married and .... Jacob Cater is going to bite it at the hands of Baal
              I'm not here man
              Hello it was me

Comment

I'm really excited about this one. The working title is hysterical and I really hope they keep it. Ishta is my favorite character introduced in season 7 and I loved her interation with Teal'c. Jacob is my favorite character period. Chris' episodes are always great. Teal'c actually gets a real plot and more than three lines. We're also likely to get more insight into Jaffa culture -- which has been a sadly underdeveloped area. He brings something new and interesting to the table every time he writes an episode.

Finally, spoilers that make me giddy and are unlikely to disappoint in the execution.
                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

<< Hey, maybe it's Rya'c and Isht'a getting married! (she throws Teal'c over for the younger man...LOL!). >>

What is it recently about women sci-fi characters going for the son of the guy they're expected to be with? Farscape did it with somebody and somebody's son (I can't remember names!) and then Angel did it with Cordelia and Connor, what's going on? And more importantly, how come none of these goregeous older women ever go for me??????
                  sum ergo cogitum
                  I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                    << Hey, maybe it's Rya'c and Isht'a getting married! (she throws Teal'c over for the younger man...LOL!). >>

What is it recently about women sci-fi characters going for the son of the guy they're expected to be with? Farscape did it with somebody and somebody's son (I can't remember names!) and then Angel did it with Cordelia and Connor, what's going on? And more importantly, how come none of these goregeous older women ever go for me??????
                    You, You, You, it's all about you... What about me?
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Otis
                      I think Chris would like to see more activity with Jolene whether the two get married in the episode or not!
                      You can't really blame him though, can you?
                      sum ergo cogitum
                      I am therefore I think.

Comment

<< You, You, You, it's all about you... What about me? >>

Good question, what about you?
                        sum ergo cogitum
                        I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                          << You, You, You, it's all about you... What about me? >>

Good question, what about you?

What about me? *sputters* well... don't I get no lovin' too?
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Short answer: No. Long answer: If it comes down to me or you, no.
                            sum ergo cogitum
                            I am therefore I think.

Comment

Working...
                            X