Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding

I wonder if the rebel Jaffa went to live with Ishta's tribe after Death Knell?

IMO it would make sense and it would be a way of consolidating/uniting the Jaffa for the end of the show.

And what better way to unite two tribes then a wedding of two children... Rya'c and someone.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

With a title like that, it seems like it might be about culture clash, the only question is, which cultures?

Mira
    "Now we wait for the Giaaant Alieens." - Nick Ballard

Thumbs up Re: My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding

I'm ready to watch anything written by CJ, anywhere; any time.

I don't want Bra'tac to die! But if anyone's gonna write it, I want it to be Chris.

And as for tentative titles, Revisions was Bubble World for a bit, and Chimera was Black Widow Carter, and I think Lifeboat was Voices (ok, that one's not funny, but still! )

I personally am thinking that Teal'c will entertain the idea of inviting Ishta to a wedding, but that is not HIS wedding. I know that Teal'c and Ishta had a thing going, but Teal'c did lose his wife, and I highly doubt that Rya'c would go along with having a new stepmother, even though she represents all that Teal'c does.

Chris has written to other episodes right? "The Changeling" and "Birthright", correct? Those two episodes were badass. And Ishta\Jolene is mad hot, so you know its gunna be awesome!
    http://meteorxl.com/images/Mach/RA2.jpg
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

He also wrote "The Warrior"
    ~BCM =)

i keep seeing t'pol whenever i lookat ishta. maybe she'll marry rak'nor? it's just that we've neither seen nor heard hide nor hair of her and all the sudden teal'c and her are getting married??

i don't see it.

don't wanna see it....

She was in s7 Birthright.
    ~BCM =)

I don't see R'yac has having a problem with that.. He didn't seem to have a problem when his mother remarried after Teal'c went to Earth. I don't think the Jaffa view remarriage, especially after death, as a betrayal. At leastt the impression I get from other aspects of their culture.

It probably won't end up this way, but the working title makes me picture just a pratfall wedding full of screw ups and maybe some dramatic he almost doesn't make it because he went to work and got shot by Baal's Jaffa and Ishta's ready to kick his a$$, but he shows up at the last minute and all is happy stereotypical tv show. But I think CJ could do it well.

Although... given other spoilers I wonder if it is he & Ishta. I would like that, but it seems to me the man is getting around a bit too much in season 8 to be getting married.

Why is it that Teal'c only seems to get dialogue when CJ writes an episode? I want more Teal'c!!!

Mira
    "Now we wait for the Giaaant Alieens." - Nick Ballard

Staff Sergeant Sarcazmo The Clown's Avatar

<<<I don't think the Jaffa view remarriage, especially after death, as a betrayal. At leastt the impression I get from other aspects of their culture.>>>

Of course..this would be a great time to explore that. Would Ry'ac feel Teal'c was betraying his mother in some way? You gotta remember that throughout the one where Drey'uac was remarried, Ry'ac was a bit out of sorts, you know being brain-washed and all. He was tought that his father was a traitor...and there wasn't much time to go into that aspect. Then the guy dies and there's no more step-dad, so *shrugs*. I'd love to see a few episodes that delve into the Jaffa society... I find it really interesting. Kind of the Klingons mixed with the US Marines, with a dash of Knights of the Round Table thrown in.
    SPOILER SPACE...just in case S8
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    I really hope Bra'tac doesn't die... I like him. From what I heard, Teal'c gets his own place out in "the Real World", and I don't think Ishta is gonna go for pretending to be a normal human at all. I would be really nice to add some dimention to Ry'ac by letting him get married...kind of an ep where Teal'c realizes all he's missed by being away so much. All of a sudden, his son is getting married... he didn't even know the kid had a girlfriend (or whatever they call it). Plus, then Ry'ac would have something more to talk about than how he's just as good a warrior as Teal'c, and how it really sux that his father's never around much. (I'd love to hear him say "sux"..then cover by saying that it's something Col. O'Neill had said, or that he learned it from being around the Tou'ri warriors.)
    As for who's gonna die... *shrugs* just as long as we don't fall into the "death of the season" trend they've got going lately.
    - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
    THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
    BM: "Aren't they all?"
    www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
    www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Staff Sergeant Sarcazmo The Clown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mira
    Why is it that Teal'c only seems to get dialogue when CJ writes an episode? I want more Teal'c!!!

Mira
    It's cuz Chris knows what the character would say/ do, and he's been really pro-active in getting Teal'c more lines. Everybody else is happy just shrugging it off as "just the way it is". I think Chris gets bored just standing around, raising his eyebrow. (I'm only guessing, cuz I don't know the man, but from what I've seen, he's a very animated person. Like the poster-boy for adult ADD or something!)
    Thank God for Chris' writing and acting talent! I love the episodes he's written. Instantly three of my favorite Stargate episodes.
    (I want more Teal'c TOO!)
    - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
    THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
    BM: "Aren't they all?"
    www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
    www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

I think Chris would like to see more activity with Jolene whether the two get married in the episode or not!

Re: My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding

I think that Ry'ac getting married and .... Jacob Cater is going to bite it at the hands of Baal
    I'm not here man
    Hello it was me

I'm really excited about this one. The working title is hysterical and I really hope they keep it. Ishta is my favorite character introduced in season 7 and I loved her interation with Teal'c. Jacob is my favorite character period. Chris' episodes are always great. Teal'c actually gets a real plot and more than three lines. We're also likely to get more insight into Jaffa culture -- which has been a sadly underdeveloped area. He brings something new and interesting to the table every time he writes an episode.

Finally, spoilers that make me giddy and are unlikely to disappoint in the execution.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

<< Hey, maybe it's Rya'c and Isht'a getting married! (she throws Teal'c over for the younger man...LOL!). >>

What is it recently about women sci-fi characters going for the son of the guy they're expected to be with? Farscape did it with somebody and somebody's son (I can't remember names!) and then Angel did it with Cordelia and Connor, what's going on? And more importantly, how come none of these goregeous older women ever go for me??????
    sum ergo cogitum
    I am therefore I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Champos
    << Hey, maybe it's Rya'c and Isht'a getting married! (she throws Teal'c over for the younger man...LOL!). >>

What is it recently about women sci-fi characters going for the son of the guy they're expected to be with? Farscape did it with somebody and somebody's son (I can't remember names!) and then Angel did it with Cordelia and Connor, what's going on? And more importantly, how come none of these goregeous older women ever go for me??????
    You, You, You, it's all about you... What about me?
    ~BCM =)

Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    I think Chris would like to see more activity with Jolene whether the two get married in the episode or not!
    You can't really blame him though, can you?
    sum ergo cogitum
    I am therefore I think.