Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somewhat experienced fanfic author seeking editor to assist in improving stories

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhat experienced fanfic author seeking editor to assist in improving stories

Hello all

I've written two Stargate fanfictions previously, one for Atlantis and the other for SG-1 (link to the author's page where these can be found, can be found in sig), but would like to have some editorial assistance for my third attempt at a fanfic contribution.

I love the Stargate universe TPTB have created for us, and for the most part I try to work within that world, to add my own adventures to the sequenced events showed to us in each episode. What I'm looking for, is someone to check on the work that I have created, to help with suggestions, constructive critisms, and possible spelling errors (doubtful, heh) and plot holes (more likely, but I'm not too bad )

Please respond in this thread or by private message to me if you're interested. Thanks very much for your time,

Capt

I can't help I'm afraid but it might help if you put a little something about what type of storys you write and which characters they are mainly about.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
      I can't help I'm afraid but it might help if you put a little something about what type of storys you write and which characters they are mainly about.
      okay well I like to do stories that contain all of the main characters, mostly, and are a bit like episodes - in other words, nothing specifically focused on one char, overtly whumping or romantic

if that doesn't help please feel free to glance through the stories i've already posted on fanfiction.net, but basically, its gonna have a plot, have a lot of team action in it, and be full of action and suspense

i basically try and create a story that i'd probably enjoy watching on tv, and hope overs enjoy reading it!

Capt

Comment

Good lord. I haven't seen you online in ages. How goes?

And on top of that I had forgotten about your fics

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
          Good lord. I haven't seen you online in ages. How goes?

And on top of that I had forgotten about your fics
          heh yeh it has been a while for me, at least visiting and posting on this site, though I have been keeping watch on things now that the seasons are over for the time being, I'll probably be posting more!

if you're interested in being a beta reader/editor, I'd greatly appreciate it . I can email you the five chapters I've already done directly if you'd like, just let me know 'cause I'm desperate for a bit of help here

otherwise, I might just get impatient and post the thing on ff.net when it's done, and would rather make this posting as good as it can possibly be

Capt

Comment

hehe sent them over. But I warn you I'm a little a lazy type of Beta You will need to poke me for the chapters to be returned

I kinda gave up on my fanficcing

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
              Hello all

I've written two Stargate fanfictions previously, one for Atlantis and the other for SG-1 (link to the author's page where these can be found, can be found in sig), but would like to have some editorial assistance for my third attempt at a fanfic contribution.
              Capt
              Are you after an editor or a beta reader?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieV View Post
                Are you after an editor or a beta reader?
                well actually, probably just a beta reader more than anything. So the title is a little off the mark but hey

I'm more interested in feedback and constructive criticism for the work before it gets posted up on the site, grammatical errors, sentence structure etc is not a big concern. I just wasn't bothered with distinguishing the difference when I started this thread

Capt

Comment

well actually, probably just a beta reader more than anything. So the title is a little off the mark but hey

I'm more interested in feedback and constructive criticism for the work before it gets posted up on the site, grammatical errors, sentence structure etc is not a big concern. I just wasn't bothered with distinguishing the difference when I started this thread

Capt
                  Ah, okay, because if you were after an editor I would have sent you a list of my rates.

Comment

okay well I like to do stories that contain all of the main characters, mostly, and are a bit like episodes - in other words, nothing specifically focused on one char, overtly whumping or romantic

if that doesn't help please feel free to glance through the stories i've already posted on fanfiction.net, but basically, its gonna have a plot, have a lot of team action in it, and be full of action and suspense

i basically try and create a story that i'd probably enjoy watching on tv, and hope overs enjoy reading it!

Capt
                    I myself have been working on fanfiction for Atlantis, and I have been designing a script that would be enjoyable as an episode, but also designed to screw with the expected outcomes.

Comment

Working...
                    X