Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Harry Dresden Whump Thread (spoilers for all eps and books)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Harry Dresden Whump Thread (spoilers for all eps and books)

As I seem to be not the only one enjoying the whump in The Dresden Files - and boy, there's plenty to enjoy! - I thought it was time for a shiny new thread devoted entirely to the whumping of Mr Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden.

Feel free to post your thoughts/ramblings/squee etc on the subject of whump in either the TV show or the books and of course pretty pics and caps will always be welcome.

I would suggest that, for politeness' sake, it might be an idea to spoiler tag discussions relating to plot details of the books as not everyone has read them all and many people, like myself, have been introduced to the books through the TV and may prefer to remain unspoiled as to book content until they've had chance to read for themselves.
    sigpic

a hoy hoy!!!!!!

i found it firstlol
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
      a hoy hoy!!!!!!

i found it firstlol
      Greetings fellow whumper!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Greetings fellow whumper!
        hello!!!

oh hey ot
        Spoiler:
        can i snurch that shep pic from whump thread?????
        sigpic

Comment

me second
          sigpic

Comment

hello!!!

oh hey ot
            Spoiler:
            can i snurch that shep pic from whump thread?????
            Snurch away.
            sigpic

Comment

poor Harry

I've noticed in bad blood not only does he get whumped in the present but also in flashback poor thing
              Last edited by Arctic Penguin; 14 March 2007, 06:37 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

and is it just me or did the vamp look like czj???

and we love bob!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Penguin View Post
                  poor Harry

I've noticed in bad blood not only does he get whumped in the present but also in flashback poor thing
                  Indeed! Double the whump! Woohooo!

and is it just me or did the vamp look like czj???

and we love bob!!!
                  Took me a while to work out who czj meant.... and now that you mention it, yes.. she did remind me rather of Catherine Zeta Jones. It's been bugging me for days who she reminded me of... I think it's a mixture of czj and Inara from Firefly!

And Bob rules.

I really can't wait for the next ep to air in the US - it's the only one based off the plot of one of the books (the first one) and I'm really hoping they will carry over some of the excellent whump from the book into the ep!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oooh! Really?! I should be getting the first book & seeing that ep right around the same time... squeeeeeeee!!!

Comment

Yay! Harry certainly needs his own whump thread as there is so much of it out there to comment on! I think the first h/c scene in the books that had me hooked was in Storm Front when

Spoiler:
                      Harry had been hit over the head with a bat and fell down the stairs. When he came to, he went to see Murphy where he threw up and passed out only to awaken and find her taking care of him.

So good

I think my favorite whump books so far are Dead Beat, Fool Moon, and Death Masks.

I can't tell you how happy I am that the TV Series stays true to this aspect of the books. Harry is, after all, a vulnerable hero. And those are the best kind
                      Last edited by JuneBug625; 15 March 2007, 01:56 PM. Reason: stupid run-on sentences ;)
                      "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625 View Post
                        Yay! Harry certainly needs his own whump thread as there is so much of it out there to comment on! I think the first h/c scene in the books that had me hooked was in Storm Front when

Spoiler:
                        Harry had been hit over the head with a bat and fell down the stairs. When he came to, he went to see Murphy where he threw up and passed out only to awaken and find her taking care of him.

So good

I think my favorite whump books so far are Dead Beat, Fool Moon, and Death Masks.

I can't tell you how happy I am that the TV Series stays true to this aspect of the books. Harry is, after all, a vulnerable hero. And those are the best kind
                        Oh my yes, that first bit of whump in Stormfront was awesome! The trailer for the Stormfront ep (which has got me ridiculously excited) looks to have some whump in it so that's all good.

I'm working my way through capping the whumpy bits of the eps so far. I'm working on The Boone Identity atm but here's some from Birds of a Feather to start us off:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Some whump from The Boone Identity:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Some whump from The Boone Identity:

Spoiler:

Awesome caps Seriously, great job!

*goes off to comfort Paul by cradling his head in her lap when <insert whumpy moment here>*

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Well, I've done it. I've written my a Dresden Files whump fanfic. *sigh* The plot bunnies were too strong for me to resist...

If anyone wants to take a look, it's posted at ffnet:

Secrets and Lies
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X