Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they go back? (First Strike Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they go back? (First Strike Spoilers)

Will they end up going back to Lantea since they dropped out of hyperspace way ahead of schedule? It would take less power to go back then continue. Assuming they can fix it in time? I somehow doubt that they'll end up on a new planet, plus, Lantea was the equivalent of Earth, except with much less land, the planet the Ancients lived on, it had the underwater geothermal station and who knows what else. Maybe with the Odyssey's upgrade, they can come and destroy the Asuran satellite weapon or something.

Vala,

Going back to the planet would be suicide.

For all the know, the Asurian weapon could be kept there to detect if they return or if anyone tries to shoot down the weapon at a later date.

If anything, they could try finding a planet more closer to their location but that's assuming they even have the power to enter hyperdrive at all. Either way, I can't see them returning because it's too dangerous and all the wrong people know about it's existance and location.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Going back to the planet would be suicide.

For all the know, the Asurian weapon could be kept there to detect if they return or if anyone tries to shoot down the weapon at a later date.

If anything, they could try finding a planet more closer to their location but that's assuming they even have the power to enter hyperdrive at all. Either way, I can't see them returning because it's too dangerous and all the wrong people know about it's existance and location.
      True dat... but what about that rig platform underwater.. are they going to go back and get it?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        True dat... but what about that rig platform underwater.. are they going to go back and get it?
        They wrecked it.

Comment

How exactly did they "wreck it"? From firing the stardrive or the Asuran beam weapon hitting it after Atlantis was gone?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            How exactly did they "wreck it"? From firing the stardrive or the Asuran beam weapon hitting it after Atlantis was gone?

Vala,
            How wasn't stated, but it was suggested that using it to power the stardrive would "wreck it", but that doesn't necessarily mean they destroyed it. It is possible that the platform is still there but damaged from working at it's maximum capacity while the stardrive was being used and the power cable between city and platform was cut.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              How wasn't stated, but it was suggested that using it to power the stardrive would "wreck it", but that doesn't necessarily mean they destroyed it. It is possible that the platform is still there but damaged from working at it's maximum capacity while the stardrive was being used and the power cable between city and platform was cut.
              Having its power cable connected while Atlantis was flying off probably ripped it apart. No magnetic holder like on MacBooks, lol.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

short answer

no

long answer

probably not
                The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

With the ending of SE10 SG-1, they could probably
                  Spoiler:
                  Blow the whole thing up with the new Asgard beam weapons

Comment

spoilers for unending

Spoiler:
                    I hope we will get (almost) nothing from the Asgard technology on atlantis so we won't be blowing up enemies to easy.

Comment

You know Sam is going to rescue McKay hehe
                      "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                      sigpic

Comment

Will they end up going back to Lantea since they dropped out of hyperspace way ahead of schedule? It would take less power to go back then continue. Assuming they can fix it in time? I somehow doubt that they'll end up on a new planet, plus, Lantea was the equivalent of Earth, except with much less land, the planet the Ancients lived on, it had the underwater geothermal station and who knows what else. Maybe with the Odyssey's upgrade, they can come and destroy the Asuran satellite weapon or something.

Vala,
                        They are only a few hours away from the new planet.

They only have 24 hours of power left at current consumption rate, hence fire up the Star Drive & that will shorten exponentially. Therefore Lantia may be further away that the new planet. Meaning it would take more power to get back. Not to mention the fact that the Sat weapon is probably still lying in orbit waiting to see. So if they came back, power would almost be gone from the ZPM, it would be detected by the sat just like Apollo. Then a few mins of pounding on the shield & it would be goodnight sweetheart.

The only thing back there that is of interest to them in the Wraith Cruiser. However they could take a PJ will all necessary equipment then fix it from under the ocean. Fly it up & to another planet & plank it for later use. Don't want to risk taking it directly to the new home incase it's followed by Asurans or Wraith.

Not to mention Michael knows the location of the planet, as do the Genii etc. So for numerous reasons it's too dangerous to go back.

Comment

They can not back, based on they can not use the sensor and they do not known where they are.

Comment

Vala,
                            I doubt that they will go they to live especially now that the Asurans know that they live they. But I can see one reasons to go back to visit via Stargate.

Spoilers for 'Submerged'

Spoiler:
                            They is a Wraith Curser under water near the Drilling Station that MAY able to Salvage.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

No they wont go back. Also the drilling platform was destroyed they had a cable connecting it to atlantis and when they took off it ripped the station apart, even mckay said to sheppard they would "wreck it" in the episode. I believe mckays words were "oh hell yea" when sheppard asked if they would destroy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X