This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't the fleet turn around?

Season 2.. brother Cavil said they left Caprica, they gave up their endeavours, and now we know they're looking for Earth.

So why doesn't the fleet simply.. go back to Caprica? I say let the Cylons find Earth, there's a chance either A) they will never find it, B) Earth could destroy the cylons, C) Earth could be baron or unpopulated for some reason, or not even exist. Either way they want to make it their new home. So, since the cylons are going far away never to return, why wouldn't the fleet turn back?

Obviously for the sake of the show they can't, but let's assume the show was reality and not a tv show.
    "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

1)that would mean every thing they strived for and every one who died would be made pointless

2)caprica and the rest of the colonies are still covered in radiation thanks to the cylons nuking the crap out of every thing and I realy dont think they have enougth anti radiation meds to go arround

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
      2)caprica and the rest of the colonies are still covered in radiation thanks to the cylons nuking the crap out of every thing and I realy dont think they have enougth anti radiation meds to go arround
      Yup. What he said.
      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

And lets not forget, the 13th colony is on Earth. Therefore, the 13th colony needs to be warned about the encroaching Cylon threat. Besides, Earth at this point is probably closer to them than Caprica is.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Also it is not like every cylon in existance has picked up to move to earth. I am pretty sure Caprica and the rest of the colonies are still occupied.

Comment

It's a good question, worth addressing, but I think it was simply a lie that they had evacuated the colonies. Otherwise the only real reason not to go back is the radiation. Ironically, rehabitation of the colonies would probably only be possible with a hybrid race.

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder359 View Post
              It's a good question, worth addressing, but I think it was simply a lie that they had evacuated the colonies. Otherwise the only real reason not to go back is the radiation. Ironically, rehabitation of the colonies would probably only be possible with a hybrid race.
              thats where hera fits in as she could make the human race potenialy immune to radiation

to do this all you need is
              1, genetist
              2, scienists
              3, a fully equiped lab

as there might be a slight shortage of these in the fleet they might have to make do with baltar

kornate cultist: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"
              commisar cain: "Fine he can have yours"

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to go back to New Caprica or even Kobol.

They're both more habitable.

Kobol would be cool, and fulfill the "it happened before and will happen again" leitmotif.

Comment

Asume colonials find a way to supress radiation, there will always be the risk that Cylons decide to come back and finish what they started (they seem pretty easy to change their heart).

Colonials don't have to firing power to defend an entire planet if cylons decided to re-attack, and I' m not even considering that much of the fleet`s population would be on land making civilian life, like they did on NC.

Comment

I don't think they are still on Caprica, hero Sharon/Six talked them into leaving, Cavill and the others explained it once during the interrogation of Cavill and also during the occupation. Plus they're going to find Earth, that's gotta be hard to do with all your cylons on the 12 colonies.
                    "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Well, I guess my distrust of that notion stems from the basic question of what their purpose was occupying them to begin with.

It seems they wanted to destroy humanity... okay... but why settle the planets? Why settle them and then abandon them? Why did they want to do more than just kill the humans in the first place? What did they think they were going to get out of living on those 12 planets?

Until we can identify their original motive for taking the planets, I doubt we can conclude if or why they've left.

Comment

Working...
                      X