Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asgard stasis? Better than Ancient stasis tech?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard stasis? Better than Ancient stasis tech?

Is it?

It seems the Asgard stasis, even their stasis chambers from 30000 years ago could keep one looking exactly the same (assuming the Asgard ancestor in "Revelations" didn't age much at all, he didn't look old) but the Ancient stasis, 10000 years in one and you look like a prune (Old Weir, Aurora crew etc.).

So did the Asgard surpass the Ancients in stasis tech?

Vala,

I don't think so. It's conceivable that Asgard simply age much slower than humans do.
    sigpic

Comment

It is also possible those were not all full stasis setting do to the circumstances... weir needing to be removed every few thousand years... the Aurora crew expecting rescue...

Comment

i thought that asgard fellow was dead and being preserved the same we we preserve corpses, pretty much frozen. That would explain why he didnt look any different. It would just be malicious to keep a person frozen if they were still alive, besides, if he was still alive, Heimdall wouldn't have needed any equipment or machinery to move him about, he could have just walked onto the cargo ship to escape.

Comment

No I'm quite sure the Asgard said the crew put themselves in stasis nad that old Asgard was the only one that survived

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

I think he was the only one preserved well enough to study, pretty sure he was still dead.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

He was dead, but perserved.

Comment

The Tria crew didn't age b/c the ship was in constant motion.
                sigpic

Comment

If i remember correctly only one Asgard from the ship was in good enough state to use for research, there as no mention if this Asgard was still alive.

The Ancients appear to have two kinds of stasis pods, the ones on the Aurora, and the one merlin was in. We know that the Aurora kin can't preserve someone for 10 000 years, and it is unknown how long one can stay in the other kind. Merlin said that he was weak from to much time in stasis.

I don't think there is a way to tell which type of stasis is more efficient.
                  sigpic

Comment

All stasis chambers seem to just slow down the aging process. That guy was perfectly preserved because he was dead. W/ 21st century Earth tech we can do a pretty good job of preserving the dead.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
                      It would just be malicious to keep a person frozen if they were still alive, besides, if he was still alive
                      You can't be serious. He would probably have died of shock the minute he was revived. I mean, what would YOU think if some little tiny guys told you that you were frozen for 30000 years and you're the last of your kind and your race has evolved into short people. Better to keep him frozen than to expose him to that stuff.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        You can't be serious. He would probably have died of shock the minute he was revived. I mean, what would YOU think if some little tiny guys told you that you were frozen for 30000 years and you're the last of your kind and your race has evolved into short people. Better to keep him frozen than to expose him to that stuff.

Vala,
                        I'm guessing you're joking. No, the guy was dead. Btw, he probably knew all the contemporary Asgard.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          I'm guessing you're joking. No, the guy was dead. Btw, he probably knew all the contemporary Asgard.
                          No, I'm not. I'm putting this in terms that you or I would deal with it as. I mean, the Asgard were humanoid back then, they had no idea that their race would be that way in 30000 years (Hell, we may look that way in 30000 years!). If he was dead, which people think he was then problem, but if he wasn't, they wouldn't revive him.

Vala,

Comment

Does anyone know how old asgard look? They could look the same all their lives, in that case the way that asgard looked would have no bearing on their age. It's just an idea even though its unlikely because things we know look older as they get old.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Depending on the type of stasis

The ancient Girl in "Frozen" , she has been on ordinary antractic ice for 2 million yr, but she was able to be revive with a bit heat.

Then Aurora's stasis chamber, it was like the matrix computer pod, with every mind link together .They dream for 10 thousand yr.

Why would Ancient use stasis chamber instead of ordinary ice,it seems they can be revive like flogs in a freezer.

And Morgan la Fay put merlin a chember which stop or slow down time .

Comment

Working...
                              X