This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
    how do you know who asked for too much (SciFi or MGM)? IIRC, the no-pickup clause is usual in these contracts (??). and it's not raw ratings that matter in the end, it's profit.
    How do you think SciFi got SG-1? How do you think they got most of their shows? ECW, Sliders, Andromada, SG-1 and so on.

Yes it is ratings taht matter at the end because if no one is watching then no one will advertise ther products. Commersial are what make it. Look at the superbowl. Multi million dollar commercials are on because their are that much people watching it so they can get away with it.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I wish mgm would keep making the shows and selling them via download or dvd to us sg-1 fans. I would pay anything for sg-1

Comment

It's funny how the "reasons" for no season 11 keep getting answered in this post yet no one seems to be actually "reading" it.

Be happy you had 10 seasons. It was a fun ride.

All good things...

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK View Post
          How do you think SciFi got SG-1? How do you think they got most of their shows? ECW, Sliders, Andromada, SG-1 and so on.

Yes it is ratings taht matter at the end because if no one is watching then no one will advertise ther products. Commersial are what make it. Look at the superbowl. Multi million dollar commercials are on because their are that much people watching it so they can get away with it.
          that's what i said...right?

Originally posted by HannibalHobbs View Post
          It's funny how the "reasons" for no season 11 keep getting answered in this post yet no one seems to be actually "reading" it.
          what post in particular?
          Originally posted by HannibalHobbs View Post
          All good things...
          get warped and corrupted before they die?
          Originally posted by blue_diamond2077 View Post
          I wish mgm would keep making the shows and selling them via download or dvd to us sg-1 fans. I would pay anything for sg-1
          hey, if you can fund the season, got for it.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

MGM should start their own TV channel.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              MGM should start their own TV channel.
              I'd subscribe to it. Especially if they brought back SG-1 somehow.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I'd subscribe to it. Especially if they brought back SG-1 somehow.
                Same here. Hell I'd even suscribe to Showtime again if they went that route.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                X