Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
    Yeah, i understand that.
    The crystal contained a program to isolate the Asgard core and jump to Hyperspace.
    But Carter had said earlier that there was not enough time. There was 0.08 seconds (or 0.8, I can't remember) until the Beam hit the ship. Either way, there was no where near enough time for Teal'c to even give Carter the crystal. She also wrote that program a long time ago for the event that they solve the time problem.

Somehow they gained a minute before the field was activated, which shouldn't have happened based on what Carter said. Unless I missed something, but I've seen the ep 3 times now, so I don't think so.

Ultimately it doesn't matter though. If it was just a necessary inconsistency I can live with that
    And the episode was awesome overall!
    They reversed time further than that point, about a minute more.

Comment

What happened I think is the beam hit, allowed time to be reversed and a second beam nearly hit them. The first beam struck but did not destroy them as it's energy was used to reverse the field and the second beam missed as Carter was able to bypass the Asgard technology.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Nope, just back to when the field was activated.

Carter said that if they'd tried to reverse it any further, it would create a paradox.

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica View Post
          Nope, just back to when the field was activated.

Carter said that if they'd tried to reverse it any further, it would create a paradox.
          Listen to what she says just after that, she said she could buy them abit more than that, about a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
            What happened I think is the beam hit, allowed time to be reversed and a second beam nearly hit them. The first beam struck but did not destroy them as it's energy was used to reverse the field and the second beam missed as Carter was able to bypass the Asgard technology.
            ... I feel stupid.
            That completely makes sense to me, thanks
            The beam wasn't inside the field, so once it hit the ship and charged the reversal they had time to escape before the Ori fired a second shot. It sounds so simple now, lol.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Thats what I was thinking, but that would be a plot hole. Because first Carter says they can't do that, then she says she can buy them an extra minute. It was a contradiction that didn't make sense. But I now think Teelie was right.
            Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

tealc was using tretonin.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                Thats what I was thinking, but that would be a plot hole. Because first Carter says they can't do that, then she says she can buy them an extra minute. It was a contradiction that didn't make sense. But I now think Teelie was right.
                I understood 'buy an extra minute' to mean she was able to shave a minute off whatever time it would take the Odyssey to jump into hyperspace. So if it takes 70 seconds to normally jump into hyperspace, it would have only taken 10 - giving them enough time (10 seconds) to jump before the Ori blast hit.

Comment

ok as far as my nitpicking about tealc's time reversing adventure... i had no luck convincing ppl on the sci fi forums until FINALLY someone got me...

QUOTE(DebraDownSth @ Mar 15 2007, 10:33 AM) *
                  Because you are confused smile.gif
                  HE DIDN'T REWIND, HE WAS IN A PROTECTED FIELD

THERE WAS NO TEAL'C TO REPLACE, they were all on the ship

The others "rewound" if you will... he didn't. But he is still THE ONLY TEAL'C IN THAT TIME.

I have said it every way I know... lol I give up at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on reflection I get YOUR point charles 17 ( I'll clarify it so others will understand what I believe is your point):

Teal'c's old molecules existed outside of Teal'c's time dilation field.....so THOSE molecules would have gotten reverted back to Teal'c....lol.

Yes. You may be correct if EVERY SINGLE atom is shed from the human body, which I do believe that some cells last your entire life.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There WOULD be two Teal'cs. One that shed all his molecules over time and entered the time field, and one that was reassembled when those shed molecules (that existed outside of Teal'cs protective time dilation field) reverted back to their original state.

Teal'c meet Teal'c. They should do a show on this.

I do believe others will now see your point now....but I doubt they will even care lol.

i agree, noone would care now, but i hope that helps anyone that still doesnt getit...

Comment

So, one of my major issues with this episode is that Teal'c is the only one to remember all this time....but what did he do for the 50 years? Aside from sparring with Mitchell occasionally, what does he have to remember?

And why couldn't he tell them all about it? Surely some of the stuff Daniel or Sam figured out could help and save people from having to re-learn it.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                      So, one of my major issues with this episode is that Teal'c is the only one to remember all this time....but what did he do for the 50 years? Aside from sparring with Mitchell occasionally, what does he have to remember?

And why couldn't he tell them all about it? Surely some of the stuff Daniel or Sam figured out could help and save people from having to re-learn it.
                      I think it was more about allowing people to make their choices instead of just accepting what he says. It would be better for Vala and Daniel to figure out how they feel and come together naturally than be told they were together for 50 years. They've got their entire lives to live out and anything could change and better for Teal'c to let things play out than force people into doing something because they did it once.

Daniel and Vala for instance could end up meeting other people and being more in love with them than with each other, or they could end up being together anyway so it's about nature taking it's course with things

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charles17 View Post
                        ok as far as my nitpicking about tealc's time reversing adventure... i had no luck convincing ppl on the sci fi forums until FINALLY someone got me...

i agree, noone would care now, but i hope that helps anyone that still doesnt getit...
                        He's got it wrong, because not all of the molecules would of been available to revert back into another Teal'c. Time was being reversed anyway, so Teal'c would of just ceased to be in that timeline for a bit, it's not like they went straight from one point in time to another, time was actually in reverse, so Teal'c wasn't even present for that to happen to him. They writers got it right, there shouldn't be two Teal'cs

Comment

Working...
                        X