This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Hawking for Atlantis

I'd love to see Stephen Hawking come to Atlantis, and have them write him to dwarf McKay's intellectual & scientific levels. Somewhere in between Asgard & McKay/Carter, roughly just under the Tollan.

I realize that no real scientist is even in the same stratosphere as McKay, but this is SciFi. It would just be nice to see a Tau'ri garnering his respect like that, plus I think the world's foremost expert on Astrology/Cosmology/Physics would have a place in Atlantis. Just a guest spot would be cool.

McKay: Listen up, we've been working on deciphering this laboratory's use for the past 2 months. So I am assigning Zelenka's team here for long-term study, along with 1/3 of my department.
    Hawking (interjects): Done.
    McKay: WHAT?
    Hawking: I've written a 1200 page report on the exact function of this laboratory when it was operational. The last 300 pages are precise directions on how to operate the systems with 22% greater efficiency than the Atlantean technique.
    McKay: .....
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 11 March 2007, 02:05 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Actually, that would be pretty funny!

Comment

I dont think atlantis was built with wheelchair ramps

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Thats what the transporters are for.
        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

I think it would be cool for someone like Hawkings to show up, and for us to find out he's working on some secret project for the Air Force. Perhaps he's working on McKay's new math and such.

Even have some disaster where McKay and Hawking are forced to work together to solve a problem, but despite his smarts, Hawking still manages to be a step ahead of Mckay.
          Last edited by SaberBlade; 11 March 2007, 03:04 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Hawking still manages to be a step ahead of Hawking.
            Hawking is a step ahead of himself?

'Twould be cool to see him on Atlantis, for any purpose (Him outsmarting Mckay, Mackay outsmarting him, either will be hella funny).

Comment

Originally posted by Arania View Post
              Hawking is a step ahead of himself?

'Twould be cool to see him on Atlantis, for any purpose (Him outsmarting Mckay, Mackay outsmarting him, either will be hella funny).
              I've been doing that a lot lately.

One step ahead of McKay.

sigpic

Comment

Stephen Hawking's chair should also serve as an apache chopper.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Nah I think he is best left to Star Trek... and Futurama!

Also I think he is more a celebrity these days as apposed to a scientist, shame really.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    I'd love to see Stephen Hawking come to Atlantis, and have them write him to dwarf McKay's intellectual & scientific levels. Somewhere in between Asgard & McKay/Carter, roughly just under the Tollan.

I realize that no real scientist is even in the same stratosphere as McKay, but this is SciFi. It would just be nice to see a Tau'ri garnering his respect like that, plus I think the world's foremost expert on Astrology/Cosmology/Physics would have a place in Atlantis. Just a guest spot would be cool.

McKay: Listen up, we've been working on deciphering this laboratory's use for the past 2 months. So I am assigning Zelenka's team here for long-term study, along with 1/3 of my department.
                    Hawking: I've written a 1200 page report on the exact function of this laboratory when it was operational. The last 300 pages are precise directions on how to operate the systems with 22% greater efficiency than the Atlantean technique.
                    Given what has been experienced in SG-1 or Atlantis. I seriously doubt someone who hasn't left the planet or who works for ther SGC could be classed as the world's foremost expert on anything.

I'd say Carter would whip him while sleeping, not to mention probably all the scientists at Area 51, Atlantis etc. He's only working with theories, while they are working with fac!

Comment

I was hoping someone would propose this idea. I have been thinking about what do do with my new fanfic stories, and I have been mulling an appearance by Stephen Hawking in Atlantis. Inspiration Again!

Comment

i would pay large amounts of money to see this happen

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post

I realize that no real scientist is even in the same stratosphere as McKay, but this is SciFi.
                          Given what has been experienced in SG-1 or Atlantis. I seriously doubt someone who hasn't left the planet or who works for ther SGC could be classed as the world's foremost expert on anything.

I'd say Carter would whip him while sleeping, not to mention probably all the scientists at Area 51, Atlantis etc. He's only working with theories, while they are working with fac!
                          huh? Did you actually read the post?

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I think it would be cool for someone like Hawkings to show up, and for us to find out he's working on some secret project for the Air Force. Perhaps he's working on McKay's new math and such.

Even have some disaster where McKay and Hawking are forced to work together to solve a problem, but despite his smarts, Hawking still manages to be a step ahead of Mckay.
                          I guess J_B didn't read your post either... Agreed SaberBlade. J_B, when has it been stated that Stephen Hawking doesn't work for the Air Force? They could say he's been working w/ Area 51 for years.
                          Last edited by Ripple in Space; 11 March 2007, 09:49 PM.
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

The Tollan are just humans, McKay and Carter would still be geniuses by their standards...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              The Tollan are just humans, McKay and Carter would still be geniuses by their standards...
                              Okay, as that sentence says, I was referring to knowledge & comprehension of the sciences (Physics, Cosmology, and Astrology).......
                              sigpic
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X