Clear All

Pursuit (312)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "Pursuit"

"Pursuit"
    Ep: 3.12
    Release Date: March 8, 2007
    Written by Mike Coakley

As the members of Horizon-1 continue their seemingly endless search for the Book of Nosah'trah, they discover that an old group of adversaries has joined the hunt.
    Outstanding
    55.56%
    Good
    33.33%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    11.11%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Okay, here we are; the two hour special event has arrived, in form of two episodes. Should make for a memorable night. "Pursuit" and "Mediation" are now available on the site:

http://www.stargatehorizon.com

Looking forward to seeing what you think, as these two episodes officially kick off what I consider some of our best episodes we've ever done. These next couple of weeks should be pretty good.
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 10 March 2007, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Well that was just damn cool. Very awesome episode. Loral was fantastic. Mike Coakley does it again.

Overall: ***1/2

Comment

Well, it's been unusually quiet around here, which is a little strange. I'm wondering if this just means what I've always suspected -- that it's just more fun to comment on an episode if you can tell us the things you didn't like, rather than just saying it was great.

But anyway. Since I didn't write these episodes, I'll just comment on them myself: I personally think that this is one of the best two parters of the series actually. I think Mike did a terrific job working out this story, and writing these two episodes.

There's also a lot of scenes that got cut from both parts. If you guys are interested, we could start releasing deleted scenes on a weekly basis along with the episodes. But you'd have to speak up and tell us if that's something you'd like to see.

Comment

I WANT DELETED SCENES!

...and yes, Alex, I can confirm that. The less I have to say about episodes, the less I found wrong with them. It's just so much easier to talk about what you thought could have been better or could have changed than what parts were good - and with episodes like Pursuit and Mediation, which are jaw-droppingly amazingly crazy awesome, you're going to hear almost silence from the fans in terms of comments; the ratings will speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
            I WANT DELETED SCENES!
            That sounds good to me. We've got deleted scenes for all of the recent episodes. We'll start putting them together with some brief comments on why they were deleted, and where they were taking place in the episodes. The first few should be released in a couple of days.

...and yes, Alex, I can confirm that. The less I have to say about episodes, the less I found wrong with them. It's just so much easier to talk about what you thought could have been better or could have changed than what parts were good - and with episodes like Pursuit and Mediation, which are jaw-droppingly amazingly crazy awesome, you're going to hear almost silence from the fans in terms of comments; the ratings will speak for themselves.
            Yeah, I've noticed that for some time actually.

Comment

For some reason I had a hard time getting into this. It's not the writing or the story. It's probably my frame of mind. I'm a little SG VS frazzled after recent behind the scenes stuff with Destiny. I just couldn't bring myself to sit down and read it all for some time.

I think where this episode shined was during the last 2 acts, when they were captured. I love the whole Enoly powerplay thing we've had going and it'll be interested to see where Loral takes the Empire. I honestly thought that the Regent might win the fight.

It was awesome seeing the Draque again, and Sonik. He rocks! I just hope Part 2 gives us more of those sort of interactions from In Purgatory's Shadow.
              Quite a whumping episode too. You guys seem to really love the whump.

Anyone, I'll be off to college soon so I wont have time to read the next part. But it's on my list.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Ok, I'm trying to catch back up with my Horizon readings again...

I am happy to see the Enholy storyline coming back into the forefront, especially with the scenes with the Regent and Loral, that was really cool.
                I have more to say on Mediation, so I'll continue there

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
                  Finally after eleven episodes, we finally see the return of the Enloy. They were always my favorite Horizon villains and the one major missing element from season 3. Drueg was always a hater of the Sentinels. I would like a deeper explanation on why he now trusts the Sentinels. The Horizon team was so close to finding a clue to the ancient book. Damn you Enloy. Is there like a contest between the writers to see who can torture Grant the most. This violent torture I have ever seen. Sivok (you can’t trust that guy) always seems to be willing to help Grant. I can’t help wondering what his true motives are with helping Grant in the attack on the Enloy homeworld. After the biosphere events, I just can’t shake the feeling that he has a hidden agenda. Speaking of the Draque, I wonder if the Enloy will realize that some of the Draque are in fact double agents. I actually want to know how the Enloy were able to get the Draque to work for them in the first place. I know that Chase was off on another planet helping another team but you must have has an ulterior motive to not have him be with Grant and his team. It is only fitting we end with this discussion with the torture of Grant and the fight between Loral and Regrant.?* Cutting up Grant was way for him to vent out his anger that Grant has caused him in the past two years. The fight between Loral and Regrant was epic and very interesting to watch. There was a time when I thought she was going to lose. I liked the little nod at Saunders. I was curious what happened to him at the end of The Search pt II. 5/5. I don't give those out that often.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Well this episode was fantastic. I have to say, I think my favorite scene was when Lonik comes in and just gets on at the team. I really enjoyed it. The Regent was also fantastic. I loved seeing him and the final fight between him and Loral was brilliant, especially when he accepted his fate. Loved it.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                    X