This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Adrift" Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread .SPOILERS

Havnt seen a dedicated thread for this yet so post your ideas here of what you think will happen.

My idea

Spoiler:

I think they will come up with some stupid ideas to waste time on loads of guesses that wont work, and the outcome will be 1 of 2 scenarios

1 - the deadalus / apollo or some other stupid new ship we have never heard about will show up and rescue every one, give up there zpm (apollo) and all will be good in the world again.

2 - after a few hours and with only minutes left of breathing air they will some how find another power supply in atlantis.

ideas please

Im guessing this will happen:

Spoiler:
    The Apollo is in the Pegasus Galaxy still so its obviously going to be the only ship available to rescue Atlantis.

Either that or the Daedalus manages to get wind of the events and somehow gets their hands on a ZPM from Earth, flys to where Atlantis is and sends it to them so that they can power the stardrive again.

Also, i think the Asurans will attempt to track Atlantis down and the Wraith as well. They will both fly ships their to finish them off and a big show down will occur.

Now we wait 6 more months to see what happens

Comment

I personally think the Asurans & Wraith will leave Atlantis alone. The Wraith only cares about one thing & that is to attack & feed on Earth. If they ever show up they will obviously be stopped Stargate style. But in the end I think the Asurans will come to the conclusion that Atlantis left & will not be coming back as it would be suicide. I think that the Asurans would come to the conclusion that they won their little war with the Atlantis team. In my opinion the only thing they need to worry about is either group attacking Earth. Atlantis itself should be in the safe zone as long as it stays away from Pegasus.

Comment

To add, Joe Flanigan also stated in a interview that First Strike will lead the series into a new direction. Im guessing that Atlantis will probably relocate to a different homeworld allowing for new and more crazier storylines.......nothing wrong with that

Comment

Ok, here's what I think...

Adrift - This continues right after First Strike, they're stuck in space, and they don't know what to do, it might be a character centered episode.

Lifeline - They find the solution to their problems, and they're finally able to land Atlantis on a planet. Another idea, is that since the name of the episode is called Lifeline. Maybe someone from their past helps them out? Maybe Ford comes back, with the ZPM from the Brotherhood and gives it to the team?

Reunion - They re-establish contact with Earth. This is probably the episode where Weir's role gets reduced.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
            Ok, here's what I think...

Adrift - This continues right after First Strike, they're stuck in space, and they don't know what to do, it might be a character centered episode.

Lifeline - They find the solution to their problems, and they're finally able to land Atlantis on a planet. Another idea, is that since the name of the episode is called Lifeline. Maybe someone from their past helps them out? Maybe Ford comes back, with the ZPM from the Brotherhood and gives it to the team?

Reunion - They re-establish contact with Earth. This is probably the episode where Weir's role gets reduced.
            Oh my! That sounds like a disturbingly logical chain of events. I think you have it there.

As for what the solution to their problems may be, I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of so far is that the Apollo was following , carrying the 'non-essential personel' that were evacuated. They'd be able to backtrack and help them out a little. If worst comes to worst they could beam the others off Atlantis and then the 24 hour limit is not a problem anymore, giving them time to get back to Midway and get a ZPM from Earth.

I like your Ford/Brotherhood idea.
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Any idea on when Season 4 will premier?

Comment

First, I'm pretty sure Sheppard will assume command and put out a distress call to anyone that can hear it.

Second, McKay and Zelenka will reduce the shield to its skin-tight size from The Rising in order to save power. This will leave parts of the city in open space, but it will open up the possibility for Atlantis to jump its central tower and save everyone while causing massive structural damage to the city. Possible dilemma, which is always fun.

Third, Dr. Keller will be with Weir in the infirmary trying to save her life, and Ronon and Teyla will probably be there because I can't think of anything for them to do.

Comment

I reckon at some point Carter will come to the rescue in the ZPM powered odyssey...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    I reckon at some point Carter will come to the rescue in the ZPM powered odyssey...
                    Probably, but I'd rather that didn't happen.

*idea*

Have Atlantis, drifting, stumble across an also-damaged Odyssey.

Comment

I hope:

Spoiler:
                      We see some more of Oberoth, he's just a cool Asuran. It would also be enjoyable to see some Asuran warships....

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                        I hope:

Spoiler:
                        We see some more of Oberoth, he's just a cool Asuran. It would also be enjoyable to see some Asuran warships....

Right on! I love that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
                          Probably, but I'd rather that didn't happen.

*idea*

Have Atlantis, drifting, stumble across an also-damaged Odyssey.
                          Why would the Odyssey be damaged?

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                          I hope:

Spoiler:
                          Well, that'd be kinda hard seeing as he just NUKED their whole damn fleet!
                          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                            Why would the Odyssey be damaged?

Well, that'd be kinda hard seeing as he just NUKED their whole damn fleet!
                            I don't think it would be hard at all, not considering how fast they seem to be able to build them.

Comment

I hope they kill off Jewel Staite's character as quickly as possible, replace atleast half of the writing team with NEW and fresh writers, bring back Paul/Carson somehow, send Sam Carter back to earth, and cut back on all the annoying "King Rodney McKay" bull, it's getting annoying and it's NOT "Stargate: Rodney". Or atleast it's not supposed to be. Otherwise, I won't be watching. Actually, I won't be watching Season 4 anyways, but on the off chance they get a season 5, TPTB had better clean up their acts if they want people to watch.
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X