This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually dialling the Pegasus gates

On SG1 we've seen many times that the DHD doesnt work or the planet doesnt have one etc, so SG1 physically dialed the gate by moving the ring. But what if the same problems arised in Pegasus?
    -- Brains12

That's a good question actually seeing as it doesn't have an inner ring to manually move. That could make for an interesting episode.
    sigpic

Comment

good questions, because the Stargate in the PG look more digital like a digital clock, gate doesnt move round more like a light finds the cheverons................but the all of the puddle jumpers have DVDS in then......but this problem arose in seriers 2 in the eppisode condemed.....but luckily wear was there in another ship to help them!
      sigpic

Comment

we have seen this already in "PHANTOMS" they where unable to dial out and return home. I think that the jumper acts as a link to the main DHD not as a DHD it self and thats why they didn't send a jumper to get them.

And now this is where you say then how do they dial space gates,
        all stargate's need one thing to work "power". The jumper could not give the power need to open the stargate cause once though the gate the power to the gate would stop and it would shut down, meaning space gates must be if a different design with a their own power supply and dialing program,

This also explains why they where collecting space gates and normal gates to make to bridge between or to galaxies.

Comment

I'm sure they'd find a way to manually dial it. Like...something to do with crystals within the gate or something.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            I'm sure they'd find a way to manually dial it. Like...something to do with crystals within the gate or something.
            Mckay would sort it
            sigpic

Comment

I think the question is more the fact that if they have NO dhd from any source, how would they dial out?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
                I think the question is more the fact that if they have NO dhd from any source, how would they dial out?
                True as the PG gates look digital
                sigpic

Comment

Unless you have to whack the chevron that you want to get it to connect like with all good digital devices that go wrong
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
                    Unless you have to whack the chevron that you want to get it to connect like with all good digital devices that go wrong
                    that would work..............god you should be there instead of Mckay
                    sigpic

Comment

No, they cannot dial the PG gates manually. It was stated in "Phantoms" that they are unable to dial the gate because there is no spinning inner ring. The DHD on the puddlejumper is the equivalent of a universal remote and works in conjunction with the DHD on the planet, and will only work if there is power to the gate.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

isn't that what i said?

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                          It was stated in "Phantoms" that they are unable to dial the gate because there is no spinning inner ring.
                          But spinning is so much cooler than not spinning!

Comment

Originally posted by Leous View Post
                            isn't that what i said?
                            Yes it is, and I apologize for posting the same thing, didn't read everything till after I posted. Sorry.

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                            But spinning is so much cooler than not spinning!
                            Yes, you are correct. Spinning is much cooler.

: Green is Good.
                            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leous View Post
                              I think that the jumper acts as a link to the main DHD not as a DHD it self and thats why they didn't send a jumper to get them.
                              In SG-1 "Moebius, Part 2" the time traveling Puddle Jumper dialed the Stargate without a DHD being involved. There was no dialing computer either, because they had just found the Antarctic Stargate.

And now this is where you say then how do they dial space gates,
                              all stargate's need one thing to work "power". The jumper could not give the power need to open the stargate cause once though the gate the power to the gate would stop and it would shut down, meaning space gates must be if a different design with a their own power supply and dialing program,
                              Power is needed to open the gate, not to keep it open. All you'd have to do is stick a stick into the event horizon and it would stay open until the 38 minutes go by and the Stargate automatically shuts down.

Comment

Working...
                              X