This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kara Thrace/Starbuck ? Spoilers

Is starbuck coming back. Are they trying to say she is a cylon or something.

I think she's little different than that.

The behavior of the "head"s (Six in Baltar, Baltar in Six, and now Leoben in Kara) does not seem consistent with Cylons. I think they're a third force taking the form of people important to the relevant character. Head Six in particular seems less attached to the Cylons than some larger plan, as do Head Baltar and Head Leoben.

Comment

All these cylons on my mind are giving me a headache!

Comment

For anyone that is not a spoiler-phobe like myself there are some major spoilers for the last three episodes over at TWP (television without Pity) forum but read at your risk ... the spoilers are major
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          For anyone that is not a spoiler-phobe like myself there are some major spoilers for the last three episodes over at TWP (television without Pity) forum but read at your risk ... the spoilers are major
          Okay. Pretend I'm an idiot (not too much of a stretch ).

WHERE are these spoilers? I get lost over there. LOL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Scifi has posted an interview with Katie where she comments that as far as she knows, Kara is dead. Katie herself has moved on theatrically - a lifetime movie, an as of yet un-named pilot she is scheduled to be filming soon.

However, she did confirm that she signed a 6 year contract with BSG. Which to me means as soon as the ratings tank and the series is threatend with cancellation by network executives- the writers will find a way to undo her 'death'. I'm thinking sometime around mid-season 4.

Comment

It would be very weird, but what if she really is dead but comes back in Lee or Admiral Adama or Rosilin's or someone else's head a la Inner Six?

That would be some pretty uncomfortable moments indeed if Inner Starbuck popped into Lee's head as he's getting busy with Dee.

Just another random thought...

Comment

I think we'll eventually see her in flashbacks even if she is dead (for real).

Spoiler:
                Actually, I think we'll see her in the season finale. (Episode 19)
                "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
                Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
                ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

For those of us old enough to remember the original Battlestar, a show that, though it was an obvious product of it's time, included feathered hair on men and a robot played by a monkey in a muppet suit, it was a classic, action packed, well written science fiction series... of which Starbuck was a pivotal character. For those that don't know or don't remember:

"The Return of Starbuck

Aboard the Galactica a teenage genuis scientist tells Commander Adama about a dream he had involving legendary colonial pilot Starbuck. In the dream Starbuck crashes on a planet after his ship is shot down by a cylon raider. On the planet Starbuck finds utter boredom and loneliness. He finally takes it upon himself to repair one of the Cylon robots that piloted the ship that shot him down. After much work and luck he wires one to work. Upon activation the Cylon calls Starbuck an enemy and has to be deactivated. Upon reactivation the Cylon wonders why it was reactivated and starts to give Starbuck a time to explain without trying to kill him. The Cylon and Starbuck become friends of sorts. The cylon exclaims that their members are grown whole and that humanity should do the same as its much more efficient than birth and the whole growing up process. Finally a Cylon rescue crew arrives in search of their crashed comrade. Upon finding a human Starbuck they attempt to kill him with Cylon laser pistols but Starbuck's Cylon buddy kills his own robotic kind to save Starbuck."

This might suggest that the recent death of Kara Thrace is the beginning of a plot line that will eventually rejoin Starbuck with the Galactica crew (I was one of the people that said "A female Starbuck?!?!?"... it took Sackhoff all of about three minutes to make my doubts dissipate.)

In my opinion, however, that's highly unlikely as it's become apparent to me that the series, at this point, is being written on the fly and no one in the writers room has any idea where the plot is going. In a recent episode it was made mention that it had been a relatively long time since they'd had a run-in with the Cylons... the characters on the show weren't the only ones that had noticed that. If I want to watch a show about a labor dispute I'll rent Norma Rae. If I want to watch a show about the after effects of occupation and imprisonment I'll rent Deer Hunter.

The series started losing momentum around the release of Sacrifice... which is sad considering that Scar was one of the best episodes of the series. Though I'm all for the exploration of the singular personalities of the characters in the story it would appear that the writers don't understand how much depth most of the characters already had based on the story and the strength of the actors playing them. It feels like they're writing the series like it's going to be on the air for ten seasons... I find that difficult to believe considering the original series only lasted two seasons, having to be resurrected after the first, a show as good and original as Farscape only lasted four and Firefly only made it one. Let's not even talk about the Star Trek franchise.

Get the damn thing back on track or the new Battlestar Galactica is going to end up mirroring the original Battlestar Galactica... having to tack some lame underwritten, confusing, half-hearted ending on a series that came out of the gate fast, strong and powerful.

Comment

That episode is not BSG, it's a BSG1980 episode which is considered to be nothing.

Few people remember The Ship of Lights from TOS and that bothers me. I think that was the best storyline TOS had and can only hope that the new show is doing something LIKE it, but not copying it.

Comment

Either she ejected just before it blew up or she is a cylon.

If she ejected then any money that, that radar picked her up becasue it was real!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                        That episode is not BSG, it's a BSG1980 episode which is considered to be nothing.
                        That's the point... it's better to burn out then fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanmarsh View Post
                          "The Return of Starbuck

Aboard the Galactica a teenage genuis scientist tells Commander Adama about a dream he had involving legendary colonial pilot Starbuck. In the dream Starbuck crashes on a planet after his ship is shot down by a cylon raider. On the planet Starbuck finds utter boredom and loneliness. He finally takes it upon himself to repair one of the Cylon robots that piloted the ship that shot him down. After much work and luck he wires one to work. Upon activation the Cylon calls Starbuck an enemy and has to be deactivated. Upon reactivation the Cylon wonders why it was reactivated and starts to give Starbuck a time to explain without trying to kill him. The Cylon and Starbuck become friends of sorts. The cylon exclaims that their members are grown whole and that humanity should do the same as its much more efficient than birth and the whole growing up process. Finally a Cylon rescue crew arrives in search of their crashed comrade. Upon finding a human Starbuck they attempt to kill him with Cylon laser pistols but Starbuck's Cylon buddy kills his own robotic kind to save Starbuck."
                          Remember Act of Contrition/You can't go home again from Season 1? That's somewhat similar to the episode you're describing.

As to Starbuck's fate(in the new series): Based on RDM's podcast,
                          Spoiler:
                          she is dead(i.e. didn't eject), which means if she is coming back, it's as a cylon(which I hope isn't the case, that would be lame), or as...something else(an ascended being ala Daniel Jackson? I dunno). We'll see.
                          I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

well, g4 did an interview with tricia helfer in which she declared she knows who at least four of the five final cylons are... i wonder if we will see kara coming back this season... or maybe in the direct to video movie coming this year...

Comment

Well Let's look at this in the bigger picture:

The Final Five aren't really cylons are they? They exist in the place between life and death and only the chosen one can see them.

You have to remember religion plays a big role in this series, several angles of god(s) have been seen thus far:

Baltar's inner Six
                              Six's inner Baltar
                              Now Kara's Leoben, as a guide (perhaps even god himself)

I'm willing to bet that Kara is dead in the sense that she doesn't really have a body anymore. But I'm willing to be that she's the chosen one, the one meant to find the final five and to find Earth. (Perhaps she'll show up As Lee's angle, guide)

It's all supposed to be part of a bigger plan, so Kara dies so she can reveal the final five and earth... But who is she supposed to reveal it too?

Oh well that's just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                              X