This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAR ROGUE is coming!!!

Get ready for this, a new scifi series is coming out in print with the first title being Star Rogue: Legacy. This is the big one that we've all been waiting for.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Fan fiction?

Comment

Or just fiction? Sounds like a novel series or something.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

What is it about??
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm assuming this is a particularly sneaky bit of spam. The whole "Hey you guys" and a hint of something "cool" coming, the blatantly false use of "we"... baiting the hook. Start a rumor, generate a groundswell, try to encourage the book (or fic, I suppose) to promote itself.

Far too ambiguous to be from a "real" fan, IMO. Or maybe I'm just strange in my tendency to actually want to discuss and give details about something I'm hyped about.

Comment

I find it oddly suspicious that the OP only has one post, definately spam. My only question is, it's the big what we've been waiting for? Sci fi franchise? Great story? Colorful paperback? Reading material for the crapper? And why wasn't I informed we were waiting for something?
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              And why wasn't I informed we were waiting for something?
              You mean you didn't get the memo?

Gotta say, my first thought was that it was a book, just 'cos I've been reading a lot of stuff lately with titles like that, but the suggestion of it being fanfic might be more likely. Or at least, someone's online original "novel." I can remember someone on another board popping in to advertise his wonderful new book. He stuck around at first, acted friendly and seemed genuinely interested in our opinions. By page three I'd already lost track of the number of mistakes he'd made and gave up. I replied to his thread and told him what I thought and needless to say he was not happy. The fact that some of the others agreed with me (sometimes in much harsher terms) only made it worse. He stormed off in a cloud of expletives. lol

Which is not to say that online novels can't be good, but if someone is desperate enough to run around spamming it in random places it does not, IMO, bode well for the quality of the material. And it's WAY too vague to be of much use. We don't know what it is, what it's about or where we can go to find more information and I'm not about to Google it because I'm stubborn that way.

Hmm... in fact, it's SO vague and SO mysterious maybe it's some kind of terrorist plot! Quick, call the bomb squad!

Comment

Sorry if I was a little vague guys, I don't post a lot. The Star Rogue series isn't fanfic or an internet novel. Star Rogue:Legacy will hit the market in a few months. I know because I have an inside contact with the author and I've been lucky enough to read the manuscript.
                When I said it was the big one we've been waiting for I meant that as scifi fans we keep getting disappointed with new stuff coming out yet we keep looking for the next 'big one' on par with Star...Trek, Wars, and Gate. It's just my opinion, but I think Rogue will make it a quartet.

I don't know an exact publication date yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

Comment

So...it's a book then?

Comment

Apparently. Although I notice the vagueness and lack of detail continues. Getting the ultra-ultra basics about something shouldn't be like pulling teeth. It just adds to my suspicions.

Comment

Yes, it is a book. I looked back over my post and realized I didn't say that. Sorry. It's a space-based series that's original enough that it's hard to describe. You might say it's a cross between Star Wars and Bond. Maybe that's not a good explaination, but it's the best I've got.
                      And before you ask, I can't reveal anything that I read until after it hits bookstores. I just wanted to give people the heads up that it's coming.

Comment

How can it be a series if it's a book?
                        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

I'm assuming it's the first book in a proposed series of them. Kinda like Harry Potter, only with aliens.

Meh. Never liked Bond anyway. Although this Star Rogue thing, just from the title alone, reminds me of Mike Resnick's new Starship series. The newest is called Pirate and with any luck it'll be sitting on my porch when I get home today. I'm on a military SF kick, especially since I just finished Star Marines, third book in the second trilogy by Ian Douglas, with the looks of a third trio on the way. Not so sure about the apparently coincidentaly use of galaxy-hopping stargates and a semi-aquatic species known as the Oannes, but the action is solid and some of the theories explored are pretty dang cool.

Anyway, without some kind of inside flap/back cover blurb to tell me what something's about, I can't really determine the worth of something one way or another.

Comment

Anyway, without some kind of inside flap/back cover blurb to tell me what something's about, I can't really determine the worth of something one way or another.
                            yea

star wars/bond *shrugs* leaving me cold so far
                            sigpic

Comment

Synopsis: After setting up his fledgling empire in the unknown regions of space, High Admiral Legan goes on a quest to locate Crestanya, the armory world, in the hopes of acquiring the advanced technology that he needs to defend humanity against another nonhuman invasion.
                              Meanwhile, the Cres Empire has fallen and the Emperor sends Mysonanda back to the humans with a plea for help, but when she arrives she finds that Legan has already left…with no way for her or anyone else to contact him.

Comment

Working...
                              X