Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't the gate built the Ancient that stayed with Carter backwords engineered?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wasn't the gate built the Ancient that stayed with Carter backwords engineered?

I know that the gate burned out after only one use. But the Sgc should have been able to backwords engineer it. And possibly make a better one.
    Link to picture of gate below.
    http://rdanderson.com/stargate/capture5/091asc53.jpg
    Last edited by rmbeast; 10 September 2004, 12:53 PM.

It went to Area 51 and was never mentioned again.....like oh so many things.
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Packed off to Nellis most likely. It was a single use gate anyway.

Comment

Once Orlin and Sam gated to their destination, it died. So its packed up, and or thrown out.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I know that it was a one time use gate and that it was brought off to Area 51 but why do you think more like it weren't built or improved for multiple uses then built?

(other than the fact that the writers didn't want to)

Comment

At a certain point the technology is so beyond you that you really can't reverse engineer it. Even if it is built from earth based material. My bet is that it has been studied extensively, but that doens't mean we can copy it.

Comment

I just assumed that because it was built from materials from around Carter's house and stuff order off of the inernet it couldn't be all that complicated to build. All of this was bought using Carter's credit card, and knowing that the limit on her credit card is not in the millions of dollers the materials used on it couldn't be too complicated to replicate.

Comment

I guess they'd have to work out how to create the inbuilt dialling coordinates after replicating it though.......and that could take ages.
                "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

well he did warn her she'd have a big credit card bill....they coulda just asked for an itemized statement and tried to work it out from the parts....hehe
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                    I guess they'd have to work out how to create the inbuilt dialling coordinates after replicating it though.......and that could take ages.
                    Yes. For example, Orlin could have used something like 10,000 resistors & capacitors to get the coordinates perfectly right. We may never be able to figure out how to decypher it.
                    sigpic

Comment

True just because you know the ingredients for how to bake a cake, if you don't know the exact proceedure to do it, you're not baking squat.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Originally posted by SGTLopez
                        True just because you know the ingredients for how to bake a cake, if you don't know the exact proceedure to do it, you're not baking squat.
                        Like looking at the ingrediants on the wrapper of a Twinkie and trying to reverse engineer a one of those disgusting pink marshmallow things.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's probably complicated enough that its still being reverse engineered and they're only part-way through.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            It's probably complicated enough that its still being reverse engineered and they're only part-way through.
                            So...In season 18, SGC teams will carry 'Build it yourself Stargate Kits' Right?
                            sigpic

Comment

And remote control BC-303s.

Comment

Working...
                              X