X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series 3/29 Finale Theory-Spoilers

Spoilers. Enter at your own risk.

If the rumors of the Master, Jack, and Saxon are true, the show may have a great surprise in store for us:

Jack is the Master. (No, I haven't lost my mind . . . lately.)

Saxon has been connected to an anogram (I can't spell.) spelling out Master No. 6, leading many people to suspect that the Master will be in Series 3/29 and that he will be in the finale. We also know that Jack is in the last 2-3 episodes of the series.

We have seen past regenerations go badly with the Doctor once losing his memory. Jack has no recollection of his past, but the Doctor isn't thrilled with him at first in 1/27 and may know him. Jack easily operates the Tardis, and Rose describes him as like the Doctor, just with dating and dancing in The Empty Child.

I haven't seen the end of Torchwood Series 1, so I could be way off, but I wonder if Jack won't become the Master with time. If so, Torchwood would become a darker Doctor Who, as it claims, with Jack gathering technology and trying to rebuild his power base. One show encourages the Doctor as the hero while the other supports Jack, the villain.

Any other theories?
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Just one thing, Jack DOES remember his past, he's only missing two years of it, but he remembers everything from before that.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

although that would be quite cool if it were true the master didnt have any regenerations left which was the driving force behind his character in the old series.
      and he was definitely very dead at the end of the movie, i'll be very interested to see how they bring him back.
      To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

LOL! Oh yeah Jack is The Master!

What?

That is as likely as Jack being Davros!

I know Doctor Who can go in some odd directions plot wise *being really kind there* but this would be just stupid. It makes no sense. The Master is inherently *evil* Jack is not, Jack at worst is a conman. He maybe missing a couple of years but he would need to be missing a heart (literally) a T.A.R.D.I.S (unless that was his ship) and The Doctor would have to be so fooled as to not have been able to sense that he was a Timelord.

Also The Doctor only lost his memory for short periods of time, there is nothing to say that is a Timelord thing *as far as I know* it may just be a Doctor thing.

And even if Jack has been really good at hiding who he really is, he has had ample opportunity to kill The Doctor his arch enemy why hasn't he? Never hesitated before to try and kill him. And that moment

Spoilers Torchwood series one
        Spoiler:
        when Jack is holding The Doctor's hand well that alone tells me he is not The Master.

I am willing to believe The Master is alive, and has a new body but for it to be Jack... that would be so wrong in so many ways.

Comment

I'm still not sure how to get beyond the fact that the Master would have regenerated at the end of series 1, instead of dying and needing Rose to bring him back to life.

...and if it's because he's out of regenerations, wouldn't be be further down the line then #6?

Comment

Yes he would, but he would be the sixth incarnation of the master that we have seen on screen.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting ideas all.

I also wonder if the Master rumors are merely a false alarm. On Outpost Gallifrey, a poster mentioned that Master rumors started last year when the villian from the Sarah Jane episode was cast.

Could it be another rumor to throw everyone off track? Everyone was too busy chasing master rumors to notice that Sarah Jane was back last year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                Yes he would, but he would be the sixth incarnation of the master that we have seen on screen.
                Oh, good point.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                  Hmmm. Interesting ideas all.

I also wonder if the Master rumors are merely a false alarm. On Outpost Gallifrey, a poster mentioned that Master rumors started last year when the villian from the Sarah Jane episode was cast.

Could it be another rumor to throw everyone off track? Everyone was too busy chasing master rumors to notice that Sarah Jane was back last year.
                  I'd have agreed, but I doubt RTD and co. can resist the temptation. They couldn'yt with the Daleks, Cybermen, adn well, Daleks vs. Cybermen
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post

Ok, I have another question now. What is the difference between an incarnation and a regeneration? I don't know the Master's history yet.

Comment

Same thing, different term. Technically I suppose you could call "regeneration" the process of changing bodies, and a new"incarnation" as the end result of regeneration. For example, the Doctor, in his ninth incarnation, played by CE, regenerated into the tenth incarnation of the Doctor, played by DT.

Comment

Yes and No. The Master hasn't actually regenerated in the Doctor Whoverse as far as I'm aware.

If I'm right, his first appearance saw him in his last regeneration, then he got all burnt, then found a way to posess someone elses body, and then for Doctor Who the movie, did the same again...

If I'm wrong please correct me, but the Master has had bodies that weren't natural regenerations.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the clarification.

So my theory, while most likely entirely wrong, remains remotely (1-1,000,000,000) possible.

Comment

So when does the third season starts?
                            sigpic

Comment

pretty sure the new season starts on the 31st of this month.

Carter: Sir I've been thinking.
                              O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you stopped Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X