X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC World is selling its last floppy disks

Do you use them?

The time has come to bid farewell to one of the PC's more stalwart friends - the floppy disk

I don't, haven't for years.
    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
    www.7-scales.co.uk
    http://twitter.com/7Scales

i did at school but now i'm at uni i have no use for them. memory sticks are much better. i will miss the little guys though.........*sniff*..............I gotta go........*runs off and cries for his lost friends the floppy disks*
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

good riddance...
      Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
      Check out my Flickr

Comment

I use memory sticks, but like all portable data storage they still corrupt
        Originally posted by G.B Shaw
        Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
        Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
        Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
        You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
        Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
        One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
        You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
        The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
        www.7-scales.co.uk
        http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

I still use floppys.... because my father refused to buy a jump drive... though it would be very useful seeing how I need to carry around seven to eight articles on file for Journalsim....

Comment

Unfortunately I have a computer who's only link to the outside world is via floppy.

Comment

i used them up until about 5 years ago when i got m y first flash drive. I still have the usb floppy for my lappy

Love my flash drive though. I swear i collect them, they're getting so cheap. two y ears ago a gig was 60, now i can get it after rebate for less than 10
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Please explain why it is so hard to call a flash drive it's proper name a "Flash Drive". and don't give me a load about how "it has many names and none is the correct one" it's the same thing as calling a Hard Drive, Memory. it's called ignorance which changes to stupidity wasn't people still refuse to use proper terms even when they are informed they are wrong. </rant>

I haven't had a use a floppy drive in years, also zip drives are obsolete too along with CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, CD-RAMs.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i used them up until about 5 years ago when i got m y first flash drive. I still have the usb floppy for my lappy

Love my flash drive though. I swear i collect them, they're getting so cheap. two y ears ago a gig was 60, now i can get it after rebate for less than 10
                2 years ago 1 gig was more like $150 you got one sweet deal for $60. 2 years ago I got a 256MB for $30 and that was on sale. That one craped out so I went without for awhile, then I used my iPod Video 30GB and now I use a 2.5inch 60GB USB Drive that I got on NewEgg for a total of $60. $49 for the HDD and $8 for the encloser, the rest was tax.
                Last edited by Col. Newman; 27 February 2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

i have a 32 meg that i got free after rebate that i use at work
                  a 64 meg i gave to my mom
                  2 128's ...one that is at worksomewhere, the other is home somewhere
                  a 512 that i use every day
                  a gig that i use to backup my website
                  a gig that i use for other stuff at work
                  a gig that i haven't used yet but it was so cheap ($8 after rebate) that i just had to get it
                  a 5 gig that i backup the important stuff on my lappy on

Yeah, too many of the little beggers
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Finally!

Comment

what'sa floppy disk........come on someone had to say it.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I still use CD-RWs...they're good for stripping DRM from iTunes tracks
                        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                        Check out my Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X