No announcement yet.

Company Man (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, Jack Coleman (HRG) just ad-libbed HRG's reaction to shooting Claude. I've read else where that he mentions it on the NBC commentary, that he got the idea from 'Of Mice and Men.' I guess it just adds more to the fact that he didn't want to hurt Claude, he was his friend. But still, made me kinda go, 'what the crap?!'

I also read that there was a deleted scene of Claude eating over at the Bennet's house. I wonder what his and Claire's reaction to each other was. If they ever meet, I wonder if she's remember him.....

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
    "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
    The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
    Only I will remain."

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
      Great show! 9 out of 10!
      If Mr. Bennet can not remember Claire then the love of his life will be gone. He will now be a ruthless killer of 'Them' again. From here out he will be a jerk and I think he knew it when he said to go deep, IMO.
      Question: Where was the computer talking chick when they were in the house?
      I think in the end she was at the paper company... in the room with HRG and Matt.... maybe not.... I don't... rememeber

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKale View Post
        -I've seen other people mention this on other messageboards, and was glad I wasn't the only one, but did anyone notice the odd look HRG gave when he shot Claude the first time? When I was watching it, it almost looked like he wasn't expecting the gun to go off, like he didn't pull the trigger. I don't think it was anything special, I try not to think to much into things on shows like this, it causes way to many weird theories. But it did make me think twice. And I'm pretty sure he didn't fall off the bridge, he may have a super-genome, but no one could survive that fall.
        I noticed that, too! Even the second time he shot Claude--it looked like he hadn't planned that shot, either. So much happened in the ep that I forgot that happened.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I noticed that too... HRG didn't look like he was expecting to fire... I really didn't expect him to fire... I mean he and Claude were buds... maybe (wild and most likely wrong theory coming) The Hatian planted the memory of killing Claude in HRG's memories, I know that he can only remove memories... but no one ever said anything about planting them....

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
            I noticed that, too! Even the second time he shot Claude--it looked like he hadn't planned that shot, either. So much happened in the ep that I forgot that happened.
            Agreede. I thought the gun went off without hima ctually meaning to and then, having shot Claude, he felt obliged to get it over with.... but who knows?

(hopefuly, us by the end of episode 23.)
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oh my, this was the best episode of the whole season! Actually, I think it was one of the best hours I have seen on TV in a while! Even putting aside the clean-shaven, fresh-faced Ecclestony-goodness, this was a brilliant & fantastic episode!

They get absolutely the best guest actors on this show, don't they? Eric Roberts & Chris Eccleston and George Takei & Chris Chris Eccleston in the same scenes? My heart squees with fangirlish delight!

I was enjoying the way that everyone was becoming in some way interconnected over the season, but this episode was the most solidly written and best put together ep I could have imagined. You just know that there is a hidden Deveaux connection amongst all the other mysteries.

As far as the person that Claude is protecting, I have a couple ideas, but no concrete evidence. Since they don't seem to manifest their abilities until some time after puberty (except for Micah, the little boy who can get money out of ATMs) then I would think it would have to be someone Peter's age or older.

But, at the same time, the image of adorable little Hiro, playing his game on the roof of the Deveaux building while Claude watched, gets me to thinking that maybe it was Hiro he was protecting? Claude would certainly know for sure how ruthless that Hiro's dad is and how much danger Hiro would be in if his father found out that Hiro was one of "them."

The scenes with HRG and Claude were great. It is very interesting to see how HRG felt about "them" before he was partnered with Claude. You could see a little warming in his attitude towards Claude towards the end, even though he still shot him, but it was his love for Claire that compromised his company-sanctioned attitude towards "them". Of course, that only makes his sacrifice of all those memories of Claire that much more heart-breaking and poignant. It's the first time the show has made me teary-eyed & a bit blubbery!

I am going to have to watch the ep again and look for all sorts of subtle clues that I know I missed. I am especially looking forward to the scene where HRG shoots Claude, because I want to know if he shot him in non-life-threatening places on purpose, because he wanted him to escape but couldn't bring himself to just let him go... or did he just want him to suffer for his "betrayal"?

Can I just say that Eric Roberts scares the HECK out of me?! His character is so cold, malevolent & ruthless! I have grown very fond of HRG because you can see how much he loves his family and how conflicted he has become about doing what he does. I am looking forward to Matt & HRG partnering up, not just because Matt needs to have something to do, but also because it will be an interesting dynamic.

Comment

This was, again, one of the greatest television episodes ever made. I was simply baffled by all the plot elements coming together. You just know there is still plenty left to be discovered, especially with regard to how the heroes came to be, and exactly what the 'big guys' all have to do with them (e.g. like Hiro's father, I was baffled by seeing him there, and little Hiro...)

This was first and foremost a VERY moving Mr. Bennett episode. I can't say I ever REALLY hated him, as I understood his primal plight of protecting his daughter and family. But I have to agree that until this ep. he looked a little too immoral in some aspects, and I believed he had much more to say in the matter (his job) than he did.
                It's in this ep. that you learn that Mr. Bennett is hardly the boss, and he, too, must recognise his superiors. The whole family & Claire episode was so very touching... I truly feel sorry for Mr. Bennett now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Heroes is still becoming better and better, each new ep. replacing the "best television show ep. ever seen" award... This series rocks.
                => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

I read somewhere, I've lost where, that NBC will be rerunning 'Company Man' on Monday, March 26. I'm assuming at the regular 9:00 time slot. Thought you all should know.

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
                  "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
                  The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
                  "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
                  Only I will remain."

Comment

What an awesome episode, one of my favourites in the series.
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

1. Never had a grudge vs Mr Bennet, I knew that to an extent he was trying to save his family.

2. OK so Nakamura senior's in the mixer as well and he's clearly senior to Bennett. Still think Linderman's above him though.

3. Reckon there'll be a loose alliance/contact between Clare/Haitian and Bennet/Matt - just that while Bennett has to stay within the company, Claire has to stay the hell away from the company therefore father and daughter won't see each other for a while!

4. Doubt Claude has anything to do with Hiro. Claude's been based out of New York for how long? I'd like to see an invisible man try and get through airport security - he wouldn't be allowed room!

5. Claire 'had' to tranq Ted, no one else could pull that stunt off!

Overall, only a limited number of characters involved but the kaleidoscope's certainly been shaken!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This show is just getting better and better.. Though it makes me wonder how LONG the 'company' has been up and running, hunting down and 'taking care' of Evos..

Also loved that they had one of my favorite baddies playing the role of Bennet's superior (Eric roberts).. Am also liking that Hiro's dad (played Hiraku sulu!!) is also part of this "Company"..

Comment

Working...
                        X