Ori ship Power Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori ship Power Core

I had an idea about the power source of the Ori ships. I think it is an ARCTURUS. The other powersource the ancients were working on in the pegasus galaxy but could never figure out. Remember it could possess a sustainable magnitude of 25 Zero Point Modules. Based on the Dorandan homeworld, the project was designed to siphon vacuum energy from our space time (instead of a micro-universe for a Z.P.M.). I believe since the Ori have the knowledge of the universe (because their ascended) they would know how to overcome the instability of power increase.
    https://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/...arcturus.shtml
    Your thoughts?

I know your "25 ZPM" thing is from the Omnipedia but I am curious as to when this was stated in the show, afaik Rodney said something about the device being able to harness the entire energi potential of our own universe, which is far more then 25 ZPM's (I realise this wouldnt be sustainable but I still dont remember the 25 ZPM thing).

Comment

I just quoted the omnipedia.

Comment

I doubt that it's arcturus. If it was then I suspect that they would be even more powerful. Having an infinate power source to draw upon would give them total power. On the other hand you make a valid point.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I know you just quoted the omnipedia but my point it still stands.

It has been said many many times that ascention dosnt give you knowledge, it just allows you to live differently and you gain a bunch of abilities, the reason they speak of ascended knowledge is purely because the Ascended share knowledge between them and the ability to learn and remember things gets a boost aswell.

Which means, the Ori may not be aware that Arcturus like stuff is possible because they never studied it and they havent meet anyone that did.

Comment

according to scifipedia Ascended beings have access to the knowledge of the universe.

Comment

Not in the way that they instantly know it, it has been stated by ascended beings aswell as Daniel on the show several times that ascention does NOT provide you with knowledge directly but you do gain access to the knowledge of the other ascended, which is alot of knowledge but it is not all the knowledge of the universe.

The omnipedia is not always correct, it is written by human fans, which means errors can be in there.

Comment

This is all wrong, ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge, and they don't have to be physical to beings to be able to research something like Arcturus. The Ori had millions of years to research something on the ascended plane. Merlin had the knowledge to kill ascended beings when he descended, he only needed to figure out how to apply it to the physical plane. And, wasn't it already stated somewhere by the writer's that the Ori were aware of the Pegasus galaxy already, before they met Daniel.

Comment

Again, and this annoys me a little, who's to say that anybody is wrong? A large portion of all the posts on these boards are assumptions, opinions and interpretations. Whose to say that the Orii couldn't figure out for them selves that they'd need a power source so large, so stable, so able to go the distance with an all out battle against whatever was waiting for them in this galaxy, that an "Arcturus" type of power source was "what the doctor ordered" for them. Going slightly off track here, look at the weapon tech they deploy, it's similar to the satellite that was found in the Pegasus galaxy, only a bit more advanced in it's defence capability, again only an interpretation.

Is it such an inconceivable idea that if the Ancients thought about it then maybe the Orii could've done so as well? we know from watching both SG1 & SGA, that ZPM's aren't limitless, they do get drained when used. So why not use a slightly different power source, or maybe with their enhanced knowledge gained over eons of time something new also.

What they're using might not be anything new in the grand scale of things, just not used for a long time? From what we've seen in their galaxy, technowlodgy is pretty much non-existent, because they demand their followers to rely on them for everything rather than allowing them to develop themselves.
                  http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Or maybe their ships are powered on faith. LOL

Comment

Ascended knowledge appears to work in a way similiar to Rodney's mental evolution in Tao of Rodney, but on a greater level. As your brain evolves to the point where it can hold all the knowledge of the universe you begin to see things in a different light. You still don't gain any new knowledge without new experiences, (experiences include interacting/sharing with other ascended beings) but you can suddenly think complicated ideas through in a matter of seconds (minutes or hours for evolved Rodney). You still need creative people to think up an original idea, but once that idea comes to you following through with it will be a piece of cake since you suddenly have the ability to understand how the universe works at it's most basic principles.

Comment

just an idea throwing about u knw in the Arcturus episode at the end device started shooting at everything why dont they do that kinda thing but in a mobile what..no lissen here me out if you have a ballisic "phaser" gun type thing it acts like a fire ship in the 18th centry it would be shooting everyting (including u) but if deployed and then the ship could hyperspace out of thier and monitor on senors would be very kool take out a lot of ships with realtive ease.

Comment

i think our best weapon against the ori is to attach a gate to their ship and activate and let the event horizon destroy the ship lol....j/k i'm very curious what powersource they're using myself its nothing like zpm's and it seems to be superior.

Gelasius

Comment

I'll admit, that it does look like Project Arcturus, but I don't know if it operates like it.

Comment

It doesn't have to be Project Arcturus exactly, it could just be a better more efficient zpm, one that doesn't run out after a few month's of being used.

Comment

Working...
                              X