This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Will We See An Australian?

You know not including Australian actors.....(and theres like 1 or 2) we've never seen an Australian as a character....like the Atlantis Expedition is full of Canadians, Japanese, French, American etc. but we've never seen a good old Aussie

10 years of Sg-1 and 3 of Atlantis, whats going on?

what do you think?
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Hey its bad anuff we got Canadians on the shows , we dont need no Australian ... No J/K there guy ...

But yeah really they should have someone from ever part of the world on the Atlantis team ...

Comment

An interesting question. They really should get characters from all sorts of places really. Personally I still want to see a purely British Stargate team.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well we do know that Australians have gone to Atlantis, so it's probably just a matter of not having use for one.

Most of the SGA characters we see are already established, even if they are recurring characters like Zelenka or the control room operators. Most people brought in outside that tend to be make red shirts so any aussie brought in would most likely die in a horrible way.

sigpic

Comment

yeah i know but in general i mean, like in the Lost City........the president was like "contact all the major powers, Britain, Japan, China, Russia" etc.........i know that Australia goes under the British Queen........but it's still a major power, we have our own Government.......i just find it a little odd that we are always left out
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Well I think it takes more than having your own government to make you a major power, but I see where you are coming from. Northern Ireland is also under the queen, yet we haven't seen anyone from here or even Wales, just England and Scotland.

It would be easier to just get a canadian or american to play a canadian or american, but given enough time they could do it but I wouldn't expect them to do it. Perhaps our accents are just too hard to be done right.

sigpic

Comment

yeah.......its just we're a major power, not huge like America....but i would have to say we are with Canada or China

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                It would be easier to just get a canadian or american to play a canadian or american, but given enough time they could do it but I wouldn't expect them to do it. Perhaps our accents are just too hard to be done right.
                It probably is too hard for non-Australian actors to do our accent. Because almost every time I hear an Australian on an American produced show they sound ridiculous. Or maybe its just the directors telling the actor to emphasis it or something, because its always way over the top.
                Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

I'm sure they could find an Australian actor in USA/Canada if they wanted one. They found Claudia Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                    You know not including Australian actors.....(and theres like 1 or 2) we've never seen an Australian as a character....like the Atlantis Expedition is full of Canadians, Japanese, French, American etc. but we've never seen a good old Aussie

10 years of Sg-1 and 3 of Atlantis, whats going on?

what do you think?
                    First of all if you look closely you will see ina couple of eps there are aussie flags.
                    And jason momoa is the ambssadorial actor he kinda lives between australia and vancouver.

his girlfriend or wife is aussie something like that.

I am a hardcore western australian stargate atlantis and stargate sg1 fan.
                    Currently doing time in tasmainia cos parents made me move. where are you from if you live here.
                    sigpic
                    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                      It probably is too hard for non-Australian actors to do our accent. Because almost every time I hear an Australian on an American produced show they sound ridiculous. Or maybe its just the directors telling the actor to emphasis it or something, because its always way over the top.
                      with ya it sounds really fake.
                      they should get a proper aussie actor cos we dont all say "sheila" and our names arent all "bruce" lol..

ADF
                      proudly western australian> peace out.muchlove bro
                      sigpic
                      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        Well I think it takes more than having your own government to make you a major power, but I see where you are coming from. Northern Ireland is also under the queen, yet we haven't seen anyone from here or even Wales, just England and Scotland.

k but our accents arent hard spend a week here and actors will get especially if there english that would make it easier and we have lots of actors here.
                        ie home and away, neighbours, they dont have dodgy aussie accents they have ordinary comtempary australian american english ones.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey if you had any Australians in the show they would kept getting caught nicking the set lol only joking guys.
                          sigpic

Comment

i find it a little odd there hasn't been much of an Aussie presence in SG. I can't remember the exact name of the place, but there's huge stallites and a research base in the desert somewhere, there's a telly show in the UK about it.
                            so it would make sense that some Aussies would know a thing or two about what's going on in the 'verse.

we should just be happy we're getting stargate at all
                            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*
                            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post
                              I'm sure they could find an Australian actor in USA/Canada if they wanted one. They found Claudia Black.
                              Barely! And that was probably thanks to Farscape. Now that was good Sci Fi for Aussie-spotting.

*fond memories of Rhys Muldoon hitting on Dargo*

Comment

Working...
                              X