Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo Earth tech vs Stargte Earth tech...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo Earth tech vs Stargte Earth tech...

If you aren't familiar with the xbox video game halo this may be a little hazy.

halo universe:
    The earth is basically on the same level except for the fact that earth has united against a common enemy and everyone knows about what happens in th galaxy.

The tech of earth in halo has supper soldiers (Spartans), warships of as many as five different classes, (in my opinion with shields they would be better than the Daedalus class ships), units have personal shields, fighter craft similar to 302s (carry a bigger payload), off world colonies, gunships capable of ferrying troops and armored vehicles and supplies (possibly through the atmosphere), planetary defense network and actual space fleets with more than three ships unlike the earth of Stargate.

I believe that the Stargate earth could eventually evolve to be similar to the earth of halo.

Please send ur feed back...

Halo battle cruiser:
    http://img240.exs.cx/img240/3716/poapointer5zk.jpg
    Last edited by Major Tyler; 27 February 2007, 06:46 AM. Reason: 700 pixel width limit
    sigpic

The pic is a bit too big don't you think?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I agree totally, the Halo Earth is a rather realistic portrayal of the extent of a Stargate-like reality.

The military is just awesome in that game.

Comment

Yeah, but if I remembered correctly from the game, human ships in 'Halo' don't have shields. The only reason we have personal shields for the Spartans was because we stole that tech from the covenant (though I may be wrong).
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

True. It is more like what Earth would have become if it had not met the Goa'uld.

Comment

can we seriously stop these vs. threads there are too many of them. Mods if your out there please combine them all, make it sticky if you have to, but please just make them stop.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

this isn't versus as much as it is a comparison he's not saying Deadalus vs. the Pillar of Autumn. Or an Ancient city ship vs. High Charity. I think that Earth in Halo is much more advanced then stargate earth but it is 500 years or so in the future so Earth of the stargate era was probably what we've got now.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

well, I think the Daedy could take 2, maybe 3 MAC rounds.

longsword vs F302?
                well a longsword is about as long as an alkesh and has very powerful weapons.

I think the goa'uld stand a chance against the UNSC if they a: can actually hit anything with those horibbly innacurate staff cannons
                and b: can take at least 1 MAC shot without dying.

also, sg ships can run circles around halo ships, and hyperspace is waaay faster than slipspace.

oh and the picture you showed is a Halcyon light cruiser
                sigpic

Comment

halo earth would be my choice - the tech is earth-developed to my understanding. as such, the FTLs weapons et cetera are all actually their own, and they know pretty much everything about their ships. stargate ships are an amalgamation of various species' techs, and we even need an asgard on board to help us. kill the asgard (fair enough he's probably in one of the most protected areas of the ship) and you kill the pest tech support on the ship for asgard tech. hell, probably even the best tech support for whatever other techs we have, possibly including our own if ours is affected as a side effect of something else going boom and we don't know what to do.
                  Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Shouldn't this be in the "Games" Section along with the other "Versus" threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                      If you aren't familiar with the xbox video game halo this may be a little hazy.

halo universe:
                      The earth is basically on the same level except for the fact that earth has united against a common enemy and everyone knows about what happens in th galaxy.

The tech of earth in halo has supper soldiers (Spartans), warships of as many as five different classes, (in my opinion with shields they would be better than the Daedalus class ships), units have personal shields, fighter craft similar to 302s (carry a bigger payload), off world colonies, gunships capable of ferrying troops and armored vehicles and supplies (possibly through the atmosphere), planetary defense network and actual space fleets with more than three ships unlike the earth of Stargate.

I believe that the Stargate earth could eventually evolve to be similar to the earth of halo.

Please send ur feed back...

Halo battle cruiser:
                      Longsword heavy fighters are nothing like 302s. They are much larger and lesss manuerable then 302s. But they can large (not by stargate standards) nukes and multiply people can fit and walk around inside. They may both be called fighters, but I think they are a different class.

Only the spartans have shields (unless something changed in Ghosts of Onxy).

I think the super MACs are a great weapon, but I don't think we know enough to say how well it works against the Deddy. The deddy is quite manuerable and might be able to dodge the rounds and there is no way of knowing what it would do to their shields.

I personlly love that ship. It is so huge and has it all, except shields. Could you have placed it in a spoilers tag so it doesn't make the board larger then the screen
                      Last edited by CouchPotator; 26 February 2007, 08:15 AM.
                      Quacks

Comment

the SMAC could destroy almost anything.

It accelerates a (3000?) ton projectile at 40% the speed of light... theres no dodging that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chilapox3 View Post
                          well, I think the Daedy could take 2, maybe 3 MAC rounds.

longsword vs F302?
                          well a longsword is about as long as an alkesh and has very powerful weapons.

I think the goa'uld stand a chance against the UNSC if they a: can actually hit anything with those horibbly innacurate staff cannons
                          and b: can take at least 1 MAC shot without dying.

also, sg ships can run circles around halo ships, and hyperspace is waaay faster than slipspace.

oh and the picture you showed is a Halcyon light cruiser
                          Daedy could way take more than that. A single MAC round from a UNSC ship will not take down the shields of a Covenant ship, but weak(by stargate standards) nukes can. SMACs on the other hand are extremely powerful..

Comment

It accelerates a (3000?) ton projectile at 40% the speed of light... theres no dodging that.
                            Yeah, that's right. Covenant ships have weak shields though, and a single ship crashing into a SMAC platform could take one out. If it were UNSC or Covenant vs Goa'uld the Goa'uld would win. I dunno about the Goa'uld vs the Forerunner though..

Comment

That 40% might be wrong. The book says point four tenths. Whether it is a mistake or real, I don't know. Do you know something I don't know about this?
                              Quacks

Comment

Working...
                              X