X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Real GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Accept no imitations.

Spoiler:

Richard Astor was a billionaire media mogul, with hands in the pockets of every media company and news corporation on the planet. He was easily the most influential Western stockholder of Al Jazeera and other Middle Eastern news outlets. And his daughter had been Major Julie Anne Astor, the younger sister of the long-deceased 2nd. Lieutenant Kirsten Astor. Richard Astor had always been opposed to his daughters entering the military. He hated the military and everything to do with it, and this hatred was especially prominent in his support of former Vice President Kinsey and numerous other anti-military and anti-American politicians, movements, and organizations. When his daughter died while involved in the Stargate program in July 2000, he furiously demanded to know how she died. General Hammond himself met Astor in person to express his regrets at the billionaire's daughter being killed under his command, and at being unable to tell the father why. Astor swore to get to the bottom of the mystery, and spent the next eight years trying to unlock the secret underneath Cheyenne Mountain, and take revenge. With the help of the Trust, he got it.

He cracked open the full story of the Stargate Program and spread it all over the world.

The ramifications were huge. Riots broke out in nearly every major city on the planet. Every nation in the Middle East (aside from Iraq) cut off oil to the rest of the world, driving the price of gas up to over twenty dollars a gallon. Their demands for restoring the flow were staggering: The Stargate and all technology from it. Terrorist attacks erupted along with violence, Paris suffering the detonation of a ten-kiloton nuke in the city center. Two hundred thousand people were killed, with hundreds of thousands more injured and the majority of the city devastated. Saudi Arabia descended into civil war, the royal family's forces against the forces led by the Wahhabist cleric's forces, parts of the military on both sides.

As though it couldn't get worse, it did. Astor himself led a small army of mercenaries to Cheyenne Mountain, invading through the old missile silo that held the Stargate and capturing the Gateroom, moving out through the rest of the SGC and furiously fighting. Astor's objective was non-specific, but apparently easily accomplished-Make the world pay for his suffering. Especially the US military. The Trust was all-too-eager to provide Astor with Goa'uld mind control technology, which was distributed to his allies and plants all over the planet, often through the United Nations, to sow as much chaos as possible. National Guard units found themselves fighting eachother, while Europe and Asian police forces engaged eachother in running battles for their cities. London in particular was hard hit, terrorist groups with whom Astor was allied using Goa'uld mind control to lead massive riots against the city. Huge fires broke out, and firefighters from nine nations were quickly brought in with what military transports could be found to fight the flames. Worst news of all was Antarctica, where the Trust had used a Goa'uld ship to transport more of Astor and their own mercenaries to take over the Ancient weapons system. In orbit, the Stargate Treaty nations only had a handful of vessels, the rest involved in the Pegasus galaxy and the far reaches of the Milky Way. And the Trust had called in some favors from a few Goa'uld warlords still in hiding. A combined fleet of ten ha'taks and hundreds of fighters and Al'kesh attacked Earth the moment Astor made his move. The Al'kesh and Gliders swept about the globe, supporting Trust forces where they could, while the ha'taks kept the starships busy. Massive aerial battles broke out over Europe, North and South America, and Western Asia. The United Nations, taken over by the Trust and Astor's associates, served only to broadcast infamatory propaganda and distribute aid and support to Trust forces, before the Stargate Treaty nations were forced to destroy the UN building in New York and other United Nations installations.

Back in the US, the US military was being stretched thin. Running every transport and tanker aircraft they had to reinforce troops in their own country and all over the world, they now had to retake both the SGC and Antarctica before Astor and the Trust could do more damage. General Jack O'Neill, rejuvenated by the Asgard after suffering near-fatal injuries offworld, returned and personally organized the assaults. Russian, Chinese, Indian, and American forces were scrambled to Antarctica using the SGCS Endeavor, that had nearly blown it's engines in rushing back to Earth from a million lightyears away. Retaking the Antarctica weapon, General O'Neill proceeded to use it against the Trust Fleet in orbit, inflicting enough damage for them to retreat... Right into the weapons of a just-arrived, and seriously pissed Tau'ri and Free Jaffa reinforcements

The SGC was retaken barely seconds before Astor would have detonated several nuclear weapons around the Stargate, taking him and probably most of Colorado with the blast. Fighting through jihadist terrorists and brainwashed mercenaries and SGC personnel, Colonel Jennifer Hailey dueled the Goa'uld-possessed Astor in the gateroom, finally killing the madman by activating the Stargate and throwing him into the kawoosh. The nukes were disarmed after that.

With the loss of their fleet, Jaffa and Tau'ri reinforcements beating back their forces, and the Antarctica weapon and Stargate out of their hands, half of the Trust surrendered, hoping for mercy after revealing themselves to the world. Ceasing their mind control, the majority of the riots all over the planet ground to a halt. The Saudi royal family was able to defeat the Wahhabists who had supported the Trust with the help of Iraqi, Egyptian, US, and Israeli forces, and restored order to their nation even as the rest of the Middle East suffered internal strife and kept the oil cut. In France, the majority of the military had been placed under control by Astor's associates, and order was only restored when British, German, Spanish, and American forces entered and effectively occupied the country. Half of London was destroyed in the fire before firefighters got control of it three weeks later. South America remained in chaos for months after D-Day (D for Disclosure), mainly due to most of them refusing outside aid.

The United States would keep New York City, Philadelphia, Los Angelas, and Chicago all under martial law with the National Guard for nearly one month after D-Day. Denver, CO and Las Vegas, NV had been directly assaulted by Goa'uld forces, and lay mostly in ruins. The majority of the country had not erupted into chaos when Disclosure occurred, the Trust focusing primarily on the major cities. The government authorized numerous aid packages to nations hit hard by the chaos of Disclosure, while quickly pushing through legislation to give large tax cuts to corporations that contributed aid to the US and it's Allies.

Overall, the death toll as a result of the chaos of Disclosure was counted at six to ten million worldwide, the majority of those casualties being from Europe, the Pacific nations and South America. The US military lost over two thousand five hundred troops in total, while the Chinese military suffered three thousand, nine hundred casualties. Israel utterly destroyed the Syrian and Iranian forces sent against them with the help of the Royal Space Service RSS Repulse, while Japan managed to spare a single ship to assist South Korea against a North Korean invasion, virtually eliminating the North Korean military and driving it's leaders into hiding as it's citizenry rose up in rebellion.

Unfortunately, Iran, Cuba and numerous other South American and Middle Eastern countries either remained dictatorships or became them in the chaos after Disclosure, though significantly weakened. Iran retained a stranglehold on it's oil, and Saudi Arabia's oil industry lay in ruins from the civil war. Iraq's oil industry did not fare much better, and the price of gas worldwide remained above 20 US dollars for the next three years. By then, naquadah-based energy became readily available, and with more advanced technologies being released to the public from Area 51, the West began to buy most of it's oil from the United States, which did most of the extraction and refinement itself.

Richard Astor's death left his third and youngest daughter, Lindsey Astor, as the heir. She immediately apologized to the world on behalf of her father, and set about using the family corporate empire to try and help restore peace by showing the positive work of the Stargate Treaty nations, and announcing SG-1 and other teams as heroes. The work paid off, as numerous nations gave aid and rebuilt much sooner than they would have had Astor kept his networks pumping their propaganda designed to promote unrest and chaos. The Tau'ri space fleets, in addition, began running aid in from Earth's allies, who also went on television and radio and in public to speak in defense of the SGC and of the great things the Tau'ri had done in the universe. It still took time to root out remaining Trust members, and numerous supporters of Astor and the Trust were either arrested, tried, and jailed, or deported, the majority being Muslims due to Astor and the Trust's close ties with Islamic terrorism. Civil rights groups loudly protested this but were largely ignored by governments busy with securing their cities and borders, providing aid to their homeless and wounded, and trying to get their countries back to some kind of normalacy. The Asgard graciously sent a mothership that cleaned up Paris and removed the harmful radiation and fallout, allowing residents to return in order to rebuild.

In the aftermath, the various nations of the Stargate Treaty reorganized the document, forming the Stargate Alliance Treaty Organization, usually referred to as GATO. With half the Trust still out in the galaxy, the Wraith remaining a potent threat in Pegasus, and various worlds now using Goa'uld, Ori, and Ancient technology to carve out their own empires, the work of the Tau'ri was cut out for them. As part of the GATO accords, the United States shared all of it's advanced starship technology with it's fellow nations. Eight years later, the Tau'ri fleet has grown...

If you don't want to read the whole thing, that's okay. Just know that this Virtual Fleet is going to start with design submissions for starships for the spacefleets of the following nations:

~Russia
    ~China
    ~Japan
    ~Germany
    ~France
    ~Italy
    ~United Kingdom
    ~Australia
    ~Canada
    ~United States
    ~Korea

These are prototype ships, so they can be any size from F-302 to Daedalus, and any type from fighter to battleship. Keep in mind, these are the first starships these nations will be building, so while you should keep the tech they use realistic, don't let that hinder your imagination! And put a lot of effort into the backstories and models, the best parts.

Fanwanking will not be tolerated, and ZakeD and I will not hesitate to call you on it.
    Last edited by Andrew Joshua Talon; 26 February 2007, 01:41 PM.

Is this a joke? so your abandoning the other fleet and making a new one? how mature this one is unlikely to get the same level of attention and it's going to damage the other one as well...

i realise you are unhappy but this is just an insult...i'm not going to get all hot headed about this so instead of going ballistic at me lets talk like adults
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      Is this a joke? so your abandoning the other fleet and making a new one? how mature this one is unlikely to get the same level of attention and it's going to damage the other one as well...

i realise you are unhappy but this is just an insult...i'm not going to get all hot headed about this so instead of going ballistic at me lets talk like adults
      Look, if you want to talk about this, please do not use the thread to do so. PM me, and then I'll talk, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
        Look, if you want to talk about this, please do not use the thread to do so. PM me, and then I'll talk, okay?
        fair enough...
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

So basically everyone, we're looking for designs and concepts for ships post-Disclosure! The International Gateworld fleet! Feel free to submit anything you want. Jaffa-designs will be especially appreciated.

Comment

i wanna have a nuke in this fleet with the power of 50 gazillion Hatak cannons...o thats fanwark never mind. so this is gonna ve compleatly seprate
            Originally posted by cowpants
            ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
            Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
              so this is gonna ve compleatly seprate
              Indeed..

Comment

so totaly new ships, or are we gonna reuse the connie
                Originally posted by cowpants
                ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                Rosilin for pres

Comment

Arrancars-

The Arrancars are a mysterious race, who ruled the Milky Way in the gap between the fall of the Ancients and rise of the Goa'uld. Goa'uld records on them are sketchy at best, but it is known that they were driven from their homeworld by the System Lord thousands of years ago. Now, mere years after the defeat of the Goa'uld, they have returned and already begun establishing a small empire over several small human-inhabited worlds on the edge of the galaxy.

They use advanced holographic technology to project images of themselves to outsiders and the human cultures they apparently rule over, always in the form of strange, shadow-like creatures with glowing-yellow eyes. Where their homeworld is, their physiology, their culture-All is unknown, aside from the fact that the Asgard have had some dealings with them in the past.

The Arrancar rely on advanced, techno-organic robots and androids for combat, sending them in swarms via small, unmanned ships that apparently have one-way hyperspace jump engines. They are durable enough to allow these delivery packages to leap thousands of lightyears in a few minutes. The Arrancar do not send these weapons directly from their homeworld, instead from several worlds they apparently control, or large starships with advanced shields and cloaks.

However, the Arrancar do not abuse or physically enslave their people. They only intimidate them through holograms and their combat mecha, all controlled by some extremely advanced subspace network whose origin cannot be determined. Their weapons technology is very advanced, relying on positron-based weapons and guided energy bombs, as well as sophisticated cloaking and holography to deceive and intimidate the enemy. So far, Tau'ri forces have not directly engaged Arrancar starships in battle, only ships of some of the cultures that have been given their support.

The ultimate goal of the Arrancar is unknown. While it appears that their captured worlds supply
                  them with naquadah and other raw materials, it would not seem that they are purely interested in acquiring resources. At the same time, their enigmatic ways and hands-off approach to ruling and conquering planets does not suggest that they are by nature a race of warriors. Their recent support of Iran and other rogue nations on Earth, as well as indepedent powers and empires with their advanced technology, while directed against GATO seems to be roundabout in it's

execution. Further intelligence is required...

Comment

Whats the connie?
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I dunno about the Connie but we're gonna reuse some old designs like Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                        I dunno about the Connie but we're gonna reuse some old designs like Thor.
                        What about the ECC-100 the carrier that I designed that no-one payed attention to.
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          What about the ECC-100 the carrier that I designed that no-one payed attention to.
                          Draw up a datafile and model on her, and we'll see! Just use this format:

(Whatever)-class starship

Type:
                          Technology base:
                          User/s:
                          Builder(s):
                          Naval Classification:
                          Dimensions:
                          ~Length:
                          ~Width:
                          ~Height:
                          Displacement:
                          ~Crew:
                          ~Troops:
                          ~Total:
                          Support:
                          ~Craft: (fighters, shuttles, etc)
                          ~Vehicles:
                          Powerplant:
                          Engines:
                          ~
                          Weapons:
                          ~
                          Defenses:
                          ~
                          Other Technology:
                          ~

Technical and Historical Notes:

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
                            Draw up a datafile and model on her, and we'll see! Just use this format:

(Whatever)-class starship

Type:
                            Technology base:
                            User/s:
                            Builder(s):
                            Naval Classification:
                            Dimensions:
                            ~Length:
                            ~Width:
                            ~Height:
                            Displacement:
                            ~Crew:
                            ~Troops:
                            ~Total:
                            Support:
                            ~Craft: (fighters, shuttles, etc)
                            ~Vehicles:
                            Powerplant:
                            Engines:
                            ~
                            Weapons:
                            ~
                            Defenses:
                            ~
                            Other Technology:
                            ~

Technical and Historical Notes:
                            Already did, there is a picture if it in my sig and here are the specs

Spoiler:
                            Name- UEAF Echo

Class- Echo Class Carrier

~Designation: ECC-100
                            ~Type: Heavy Assault Fighter Transport
                            ~Role: Deep Space Carrier
                            ~Users: GATO
                            ~Technology Base: Ancient, Asgard, Tau’ri
                            ~Builders: Boeing Interstellar Military Craft Yard
                            ~Dimensions:
                            -Length: 1400m
                            -Width: 420m
                            -Height: 140m
                            -Beam: 200m
                            -Draft: 70m
                            -Displacement: unknown
                            ~Capacity:
                            -Crew: 300
                            -Troops: 800-
                            -Pilots: 250-
                            -Maximum Capacity:
                            ~Powerplant: Mark V Naquadah Generators
                            ~Propulsion: 3 Asgard/Tau’ri designed
                            -Hyperspace: 2 3 Asgard/Tau’ri designed hyperspace generators
                            -Sublight: 3 Asgard/Tau’ri designed sublight drives
                            ~Armament: 65 coil gun emplacements, 25 mark III tactical nuclear warheads, 250 F-222 Hurricanes
                            ~Defenses: Tau’ri built shields using ancient designs, derived from the Atlantis database, 3’ thick Trinium Alloy
                            ~Additional Technology:
                            Asgard beaming technology
                            Tau’ri designed holographic technology
                            Tau’ri built ancient designed sensor arrays
                            Tau’ri designed cloaking technology that cloaks the ship using another field outside of the shields. Allowing the shield to be on at the same time

~Technical and Historical Notes~
                            There came a time were the existing Tau’ri designed ships began to have no effect with their enemies. So the Gate Alliance Treaty Organization set out to build a ship that would be larger and stronger than the ships they had. Boeing Interstellar which was a largely civilian company presented a design that towered over all the other designs. The ECC Heavy Assault Fighter Transport was crowned the new carrier of the Tau’ri fleet.

Edit: Note that the historical notes might change
                            Last edited by boberth2o; 25 February 2007, 03:45 PM.
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

When did this happen?
                              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              So whats the worst that could happen?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                              X