"...Shall We Not Revenge?" (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
    Uh, no it's not. And I say that as someone who knows one or two things about the rules of how to structure a one hour teleplay.

There's no rule for how long or short a teaser can be. This one's about about six pages long in the original version of the script. But for the release version we've decided to add a "previously on" because it's been a while since part one came out.

On screen this teaser would run somewhere around five minutes maybe. Virtual series or not, we don't do anything that you wouldn't see on a TV show. As others will tell you, I can be quite picky about that, to the extent that I even try to do "bottle shows" that we'd have to do to save money, if we were shooting the episodes.
    I'll take your word for it, but it still feels weird.

Perhaps so. But I was never a supporter of killing a character off that still has so much potential.

If you're so eager to see beloved characters leaving the show...
    Spoiler:
    wait for the latter part of this season.

But you probably won't take that spoiler seriously anyway.
    Well, it's not that I'm eager to see a character death. I just think that character death episodes usually turn out to be particularly powerful - for examples, see Meridian and Sunday.

And yes, I wil take that spoiler seriously. o.o

Expect to see that interview up sometime in the coming day or two, by the way. I just have to edit it a bit and whatnot (mostly removing meebo tags for 'time said,' and putting up the spoiler signs). School's been extremely busy this week...

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
      I'll take your word for it, but it still feels weird.
      Check out the new Battlestar Galactica for some of the longest teasers I've ever seen. And they work great.

Well, it's not that I'm eager to see a character death. I just think that character death episodes usually turn out to be particularly powerful - for examples, see Meridian and Sunday.
      Oh, I completely agree. I haven't seen "Sunday" yet, but "Meridian" is one of my favorite SG-1 episodes. It's not because you want to see the character go, but because it usually makes for a very powerful and emotional drama.

And yes, I wil take that spoiler seriously. o.o
      That's good to know.

Expect to see that interview up sometime in the coming day or two, by the way. I just have to edit it a bit and whatnot (mostly removing meebo tags for 'time said,' and putting up the spoiler signs). School's been extremely busy this week...
      Okay, that sounds good to me. It was a fun to do.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Sorry but this was boring and mostly, if not entirely predicted in fact it was very very predictable.

We were told by callen they are calculating and tactical, and yet they let their prisoners escaped so easily. As soon they found the bodies they should just activated their torture device, and left it on until bay lar was unconcouse. And then sent their guard to pick him.

Also having the others ship just take of and leaving the base sop lightly guarded. Then no form back up and or more troops. All just make me think this just a regular dumb enemy we face.

And then their all this torture and for such a boring reason as bay Lar being responsible for his dad death, so predictable, well not entirely ,I thought it was going to be his brother or perhaps his son. but it being a family member was again so boring and entirely unoriginal.

And then their just the entire lack of action in the episode. The four acts were drag out far to much.

And then the entire last scene, them back on horizon. boring. I their were much more dramatic way you could of done the same thing. Rather than just have grant and Callen talk about their little agreement. It was of been far better to of seen the Bentari vessels helping the the Vorians attack several kih'Andari vessels, and perhaps Bentari troops along with Vorians troops helping to take one of their bases, which would of made far more impact on the audience than seeing them just talking about it. And may be the final seen being Siveal and Bay'Lar handed back to the crew, in a rather rough manner, would shown a great contrast between these to events and enemies becoming allies..

Their was only one bit about this episode that was not predictable and I like, was the Bentari city, I was expecting such a city to be made of other species technology and much technological.

Overall 5 out of 10, far to predictable and basically far to sleep inducing.

And this suppose to be part of strong second half, then you got a lot to work on for the next week episode. Because so far this looking like your weakest halve of the entire three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          As soon they found the bodies they should just activated their torture device, and left it on until bay lar was unconcouse. And then sent their guard to pick him.
          Even though it wasn't directly stated in the episode, the device only works if someone's close enough to activate it. It's just like a television remote control; you can't use it on the television unless you're close enough.

And not to mention that if they had left it on for a longer period of time, Bay'lar would have simply been dead, not unconcious.

And then their just the entire lack of action in the episode. The four acts were drag out far to much.
          Lack of action, you say? It's funny, because to me it looked like it had some of the biggest action sequences of the season so far.

And then the entire last scene, them back on horizon. boring. I their were much more dramatic way you could of done the same thing. Rather than just have grant and Callen talk about their little agreement. It was of been far better to of seen the Bentari vessels helping the the Vorians attack several kih'Andari vessels, and perhaps Bentari troops along with Vorians troops helping to take one of their bases, which would of made far more impact on the audience than seeing them just talking about it. And may be the final seen being Siveal and Bay'Lar handed back to the crew, in a rather rough manner, would shown a great contrast between these to events and enemies becoming allies..
          Those are all some nice ideas. But you forget an important aspect: time. There was a lot cut from this episode as it is actually, including all scenes between Callen and Council Vahret (we'll post them as deleted scenes pretty soon).

The only way to fit all that in would have been to make it a three parter, and we had no interest in doing that.

And this suppose to be part of strong second half, then you got a lot to work on for the next week episode. Because so far this looking like your weakest halve of the entire three seasons.
          The weakest episode of the entire three seasons? I beg to differ. We've done a lot worse during say the first season. But I won't mention any particular episodes.

Comment

Plus, this really isn't supposed to be part of the "strong second half." We're still in the first half of the season, it just so happens we had an earlier hiatus.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Well I've got to say that I liked it. The new race is interesting, and adds a new element to the war. The toture of Bay'lar might be a little drawn out, but it was nicely balanced by the stuff with Sivea worrying about him. I have to say, after all the damage done to Bay'lar I was surprised you didn't kill him (that could be because I'm not a huge fan of his character), but it's clear that his story ark still has a way to go.
              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Very powerful episode, especially the Sivea/Bay'lar interaction. The Bentari seem to be becoming an interesting wildcard for the series, and it is nice to actually have an ally.

The bit with Garren's death was a bit quick quick, something i'd expect more from SG-1 than horizon.

The damage to bay`lar's heart should prove to be important in the next few episodes, unless you can heal it somehow (ie pacemaker).

Wizard of OZ reference!

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
                  Before I write my review, I need to take a minute to laugh about the Wizard of Oz reference.
                  **One Minute Later**
                  Okay I’m done. This episode was a fitting end to an interesting cliffhanger. I am and never will be a whumper. However, I suspect the writer of this episode is a closet whumper. Joking aside, it is classic Stargate for a character to be tortured by the enemy. It is also in character for Bayler to be willing to sacrifice himself for the ones he cares about. At first, I really did not care for this character. His action in this two parter has caused him to gain a lot of respect in my book. To be tortured to that extent and still be able to hold your own shows a very brave person. Brilliant strategy on the part of Bayler and Garrem for the escape of the Bentari prison. Too bad he had to die in the end. A little constructive criticism on the script content. I felt that some of the torture scenes were a little too descriptive. Neogating with alien races was always my favorite part of Stargate. I bet you can mange that I really enjoyed the part about Callen neogating with the Bentari leader. He was very tolerant of the Bentari while Grant was very angry and yelling at them. I am totally shocked that the Vorian president was willing to give technology to the Bentari. Why do I have a feeling that going to bite in the *non PG word.* 5/5
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Whumping makes the world turn. Common Ground made whumping awesome for me and I did enjoy it here too. Same sentiments as before. Was a pretty cool episode. Again with the "riffles" though. I don't remember much about the Bentari after this episode (they did an S4 episode, I think) but from I remember we never really got to see much of their inclusion in the alliance which is a shame.

I agree with Alchemist about Garren's death though. It was rather quick. Would have been better had he died in Baylar's hands. Could have been that bit more powerful. I also don't think the Bentari came off as tradition bound as you intended. The greeting seemed very normal to me and it seemed like anyone could have done that.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      I don't remember much about the Bentari after this episode (they did an S4 episode, I think) but from I remember we never really got to see much of their inclusion in the alliance which is a shame.
                      "Fighting Ground" in Season Four was about the Bentari and it dealt with the agreement that was set up in this episode.

I also don't think the Bentari came off as tradition bound as you intended. The greeting seemed very normal to me and it seemed like anyone could have done that.
                      I thought "Fighting Ground" definitely worked better for showing more of the Bentari's traditions and how they see things.

Comment

Working...
                      X