Clear All

"...Shall We Not Revenge?" (310)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "...Shall We Not Revenge?"

"...Shall We Not Revenge?"
    Ep: 3.10
    Release Date: February 22, 2007
    Written by Alex Rubit & Marc Broadbent

Having learned that Sivea and Bay'lar have been captured by the Bentari, Callen and Horizon-1 gate to the Bentari homeworld in the hopes of finding a peaceful solution to the situation. Meanwhile Bay'lar learns that he is more closely connected to one of the Bentari than he thought.
    Outstanding
    22.22%
    Good
    55.56%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    11.11%
    Terrible
    11.11%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

...? Episode?

Comment

I didn't think it went up for another hour or so.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Nope, it's supposed to go up around midday for me. I know; I spent every Thursday in fifth period last year reading new episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
          Nope, it's supposed to go up around midday for me. I know; I spent every Thursday in fifth period last year reading new episodes.
          LOL!
          For me it is my Advisory class, I just jump on the computer and start reading.

Comment

So yeah...now it's late. The first time since the season premiere that I've actually been waiting to read an episode...and it's late!
            Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 22 February 2007, 01:26 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              So yeah...now it's late. The first time since the season premiere that I've actually been waiting to read an episode...and it's late!
              Indeed!

Comment

Just got home from work, and it looks like there have been some release issues. But, since we've started putting episodes on the SGU episode guide, I can fix that.

I'm sure there's an understandable reason it didn't get released earlier in the day, but you can find it in the S3 Horizon Episode guide over at Stargate Universe.

We apologize for the slight delay, but we still got it out on the right day.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I've just got to say something... I'm getting really tired of these act-long teasers. I know that this is a virtual series and all, but an 11 page teaser is just rediculous.

Alright, so... the episode's pacing and dialogue were better than last episode, although the subjuct matter for much of the first fortyish pages was rather dull. Watching Bay'lar be tortured is only entertaining for so long, and watching Sivea and Garren mine for ore was outright boring. This episode would have been far more effective if it had been Bay'lar that died instead of a guest character we've only known for two episodes. Towards the end of the episode, there were a lot of intriguing moments, and the shades of grey are evident. I think that he highlight of this episode, though, was Grant freaking out at the Bentari council.

GRANT: To hell with your council! That's an act of war!
                  An otherwise okay episode with a few shining moments, but by no means the stunner I was hoping for.

Overall: ***
                  Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 22 February 2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Well, the previosuly on isn't really part of the teaser, technically it's just five pages.
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I have to say, it was a pretty damn good episode. I really enjoyed it. It was a good stepup from the previous episode, and I found to be more enjoyable than some of the earlier episodes this season. I'm rather enjoying the Bentari. I'm imagining them a lot like the Brutes from Halo. I can't wait to see how their involvement in the Vorian/Kih'Andari War - we can't call it a civil war anymore - pans out. I hope to be seeing some nice ground fights with Bentari and Vorian troops fighting side by side.

I thought the first few acts were a bit drawn out though. But none of that showed up in Act 4 or 5. I was drawn in and couldn't stop reading. I thought the episode did flow nicer than the last one. Some nice Bay'lar whumping. I loved that torture device. Was really cool. Nice developement with Sivea and Bay'lar. I really hope more comes from this. I wanna see them get together again! Anyway, nice work. I look forward to the next episode!
                      sigpic

Comment

an 11 page teaser is just rediculous.
                        Uh, no it's not. And I say that as someone who knows one or two things about the rules of how to structure a one hour teleplay.

There's no rule for how long or short a teaser can be. This one's about about six pages long in the original version of the script. But for the release version we've decided to add a "previously on" because it's been a while since part one came out.

On screen this teaser would run somewhere around five minutes maybe. Virtual series or not, we don't do anything that you wouldn't see on a TV show. As others will tell you, I can be quite picky about that, to the extent that I even try to do "bottle shows" that we'd have to do to save money, if we were shooting the episodes.

This episode would have been far more effective if it had been Bay'lar that died instead of a guest character we've only known for two episodes.
                        Perhaps so. But I was never a supporter of killing a character off that still has so much potential.

If you're so eager to see beloved characters leaving the show...
                        Spoiler:
                        wait for the latter part of this season.

But you probably won't take that spoiler seriously anyway.
                        Last edited by Alex Rubit; 22 February 2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Indeed, Bay'lar's death would have been interestingly dramatic, but there are still big plans for him.
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I've just got to say something... I'm getting really tired of these act-long teasers. I know that this is a virtual series and all, but an 11 page teaser is just rediculous.
                            Never seen Bones have you?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              and I found to be more enjoyable than some of the earlier episodes this season.
                              I think all of us behind the scenes probably agree that the second half of the season is a lot stronger than the first half. That's not to say that the first half wasn't good (in my opinion at least), but it pales in comparison to what's coming up these next few weeks and months.

Some nice Bay'lar whumping. I loved that torture device. Was really cool. Nice developement with Sivea and Bay'lar. I really hope more comes from this. I wanna see them get together again!
                              Who knows, who knows?

Anyway, nice work. I look forward to the next episode!
                              I'm glad both of you enjoyed the episode.

I'm hoping it'll be up on the site this time tomorrow at the very latest.

Comment

Working...
                              X