Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate Ba'al.

Actually, I think the show needs more Ba'al. It's been three years since his first appearance, and I could probably count on one hand the appearances he's had since.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I too appreciate Baal. He has class, style, and even grace; for a false god. He's a hands on deity who enjoys abusing his power. He's easily a great sub for our last main baddie.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Cliff Simon has also appeared in some South African soap opera I can't remember the name of (Something: Something Gold) and, I think, a bit part in Iron Eagles 5. Otherwises, you'll probably have peruse the Theatre section of the Vancouver Sun and keep your fingers crossed. I don't actually know for a fact that he does theatre, but most actors seem to do a bit. CS live and on stage must be quite a sight to behold. *sigh* Maybe I should be checking the Theatre section, next time Gatecon rolls around. Could find all kinds of goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
          Ba'al is styilin.

He's got the clothes and the gadgets and the power/budget to do most anything he wants.

His writing is great and he speaks it well.

He's the SG equivalent of a Bond villain really......i have visions of him with Carter strapped to a table.....'No Col. Carter, I expect you to die!!!"
          I might be coming in a little late, but I HAD to comment on that!

Baal as Bond - sheer brilliance!!!

I adore that analogy. I'm lmao!

Ok so u meant Bond villain...but he is kinda the Bond of the System Lords, no?

I'm hoping the ptb read this and take it to heart - Baal really needs to strap Sam to a table Actually, Baal strapping anyone to a table bears thinking about...
          Last edited by SaharaGate; 09 September 2004, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I figure it's about time Baal got his own thread of worship. Goodness knows he's the (false) god I'd choose to serve, in any way I could.

He has style, he has charisma, he has that deliciously bloodthirsty edge that has helped him rise to the top of the system lord food chain. What's not to love about this guy?? He also has impeccable fashion sense and a certain flair when it comes to tormenting his victims. Baal make it personal. I love that in a (false) god.

Anyone else with me on this?? C'mon, I can't be the ONLY one...
            Ba'al over Anubis any day.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
              I might be coming in a little late, but I HAD to comment on that!

Baal as Bond - sheer brilliance!!!

I adore that analogy. I'm lmao!

Ok so u meant Bond villain...but he is kinda the Bond of the System Lords, no?

I'm hoping the ptb read this and take it to heart - Baal really needs to strap Sam to a table Actually, Baal strapping anyone to a table bears thinking about...
              What a 'Shiela." (JK)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                What a 'Shiela." (JK)
                Hey, we gotto share the love

There's enough of Baal for everyone...

Comment

You know what is missing from this thread??

Pics.

How can we truly appreciate Baal unless we have some visual references?

So, to get the baal rolling ( )here is a nice small pic of our favourite false god contemplating the fate of one one of his underlings.

And, just coz I care, here is a nice Baal wallpaper, which I got from this site:

Last edited by SaharaGate; 10 September 2004, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Think I'll make some Baal avs this weekend. I only have one so far, and that's just deplorable. Will rectify the situation by Sunday.

Lovely pic and very nice wallpaper, SG.

Comment

sigh..
                      Baal....what more can you say.

Except we need more pics. come on people, i have the excuse of not being at home to be able to search for them.

more pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Think I'll make some Baal avs this weekend. I only have one so far, and that's just deplorable. Will rectify the situation by Sunday.
                        Excellent!

Now if only I was able to add different avs myself...dang!

Lovely pic and very nice wallpaper, SG.
                        Why don't thank me, thank Baal's stylist

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmm Baal took over from Heru'ur in my Goauldy affections.

mmmmmmm

*thunk*
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

How could I have missed this thread?

BA'AL RULES! Absolutely.

Ever since I first saw him in "Summit", I've had a Ba'al wallpaper on my computer....

I mean, how could you *not* adore him? He's one of the few Goa'uld who actually frighten me...*shiver*

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Don't get mad or nuffin. Some of you have seen this before. It's a good laugh.

Seriously though, Ba'al is a smooth talking Goa'uld. Not too flamboyant or flashy. Well dressed, well spoken. Hell, I still don't know what 'impudence' means!

Comment

Oh, pics...one of my favourites, adorning my desktop right now, is this one:

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X