Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kes
    I haven't been in here to appreciate Ba'al and I DO appreciate him.

* He's flamboyant without being a diva. He smirks without looking silly. He sneers at will. All while maintaining his lofty sense of self-importance

* He has more fashion sense than all the other Goa'ulds (well except Osiris )

* He has inventive torture devices - knives and acid flying across the room - how cool is that! Gravity prisons - how cool is that!

* Ba'als smarter than your average Goa'uld (reprograms DHD viruses in a flash)

* Ba'al is patient. Consolidating power, waiting to make his move. He's got Ba'als.

I just looked back thru the thread. "Baal Street Boys"!! LOL!!
    "Flamboyant without being a diva" -- I like that.

Ba'al has always been my fave system lord. He is so sinister in his smugness.
    He is condescendingly evil, shows disdain in his cordiality, and is quite
    pleasant while pouring acid on folks! Plus, he has great enunciation!
    But he is never over-the-top. Doesn't chew up the scenery. And he looks
    fantastic while not chewing scenery.

I think Cliff does such a great job at showing such malevolence with a
    twinkle in his eye in "Abyss." This system Lord truly enjoys his work!
    Not that torture of our heroes is ever a GOOD thing...

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
    appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
    full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
    in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I figure it's about time Baal got his own thread of worship. Goodness knows he's the (false) god I'd choose to serve, in any way I could.

He has style, he has charisma, he has that deliciously bloodthirsty edge that has helped him rise to the top of the system lord food chain. What's not to love about this guy?? He also has impeccable fashion sense and a certain flair when it comes to tormenting his victims. Baal make it personal. I love that in a (false) god.

Anyone else with me on this?? C'mon, I can't be the ONLY one...
      That earthquake you just felt was me realizing that I actually agreed with you on something.
      Wow! Wonders never cease.
      sigpic

Comment

Woo hoo! Ba'al is big in 'Reckoning'!

"Baal's part is very, very big. The storyline is actually, basically, just Baal!"

Oh yeah...
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          Woo hoo! Ba'al is big in 'Reckoning'!

"Baal's part is very, very big. The storyline is actually, basically, just Baal!"

Oh yeah...
          yeah ba'al is my 2 fav goua'ld after anubis

Comment

anyone ever notice that Ba'al and Osiris are the only gou'ld with australian accents? I think that is one of the things that drew me to him in the first place, the accent makes the (false)god.
            -you know your crazy right?
            -...yes
            -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

Originally posted by Baal_babe1
              anyone ever notice that Ba'al and Osiris are the only gou'ld with australian accents? I think that is one of the things that drew me to him in the first place, the accent makes the (false)god.
              Ummm... Not Aussie. Ba'al's is South African, I think, and I'm pretty sure Osiris's is English...

Comment

Gods should be sexy, even false ones. Someone with a bit of a sadistic glint in their eye. Baal has to be the God of choice. No contest, he's the one. Besides you've got to love the homo-erotic torture/intensity thing with Jack....or is that just me who sees that sort of thing?
                Ohhh bring on the Bad Guy Baal, just what the season desperately needed(and the eye candy factor aint bad either).

geeky

Comment

Ummm... Not Aussie. Ba'al's is South African, I think, and I'm pretty sure Osiris's is English...
                  Anna-Louise Plowman is originally from New Zealand. Now she's all over.

Comment

I thought it might be time for another pic ....really I'm surprised there aren't more of them around yet!

This is one of my favs...it's Cliff, not Baal....but we can all imagine our Lord on his downtime can't we??
                    Last edited by SaharaGate; 22 September 2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Is it wrong to lust after one's god??

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                        LMAO!!

If it is, I am guilty.

Now the question is, how will Lord Baal deign to punish (or, dare I hope...reward?) our insolence??
                        Last edited by SaharaGate; 22 September 2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Dragging this up again since it seems to be timely.

I still say Baal is one of the best villains in the history of the show. So cool, so suave, so deadly... Ya gotta love him, even as you run in terror.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                            Not in this case, because he is a False God.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

(If he's false, the G should be lowercase )

Comment

Dragging this up again since it seems to be timely.

I still say Baal is one of the best villains in the history of the show. So cool, so suave, so deadly... Ya gotta love him, even as you run in terror.
                                I am glad that you brought this up again Shadow....I really like Ba'al's voice. And I must admit that having him and Jack in the same room is almost more than I can bear! But I managed and would love to again!
                                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Working...
                                X