No announcement yet.

Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baal is indeed very yummy. Any chance you could maybe upload a few pics here? Or host them on a site somewhere so we can ALL go and admire our hunky god of deviousness?

Comment

Mmmmm, Ba'al. LOVE him. I can't think of a single better tv villain EVER! He's tall, dark, and handsome, and he totally knows it--exactly my type! Except for the whole bent on the destruction and/or enslavement of Earth part...
      Plus, he's very cool--he never loses his temper, just plots his revenge; as they say, "don't get mad, get even". And I can't wait to see how he plans to get even with Jack for his continued defiance and "impudence"! I really hope the writers realize his potential and keep him around for awhile. I'm not sure they've handled him as well as they could have this season. The Jack-Ba'al interaction was missing a little something for me; first, as many have pointed out, Jack was just a little too flip, even for him. Plus, I just wasn't feeling the malice from Ba'al quite as much. I would have liked to see Ba'al rub the events of Abyss in a little--like, yeah, you weren't so cocky when you were begging me to end it, O'Neill. Along with a promise of a little more one-on-one time together in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
        Ba'al over Anubis any day.
        Yeah. Baal is one of my very favourite villans. I can't say puddle face does much for me.
        "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
        I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Hey thanks for dragging this thread back up!

Baal is still the best.

I'm ever hopeful that SG1 won't have to kill him off at the end of the series. It would be so sad to see him go.

Couldn't they just give him a nice little planet with a few loyal worshippers? I mean I'd volunteer...

Or they could shrink him and sam could take him home and keep him by the bed in a jar

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
            Couldn't they just give him a nice little planet with a few loyal worshippers? I mean I'd volunteer...
            I'd volunteer for that, too. Or bring him here I'd be MORE than happy to "hide" him and help him adapt to life on Earth.

Comment

Hi there!
              I've always had a thing for the 'bad' guys in sci-fi, but Ba'al is in a league of his own. I thought he was excellent in Reckoning 1&2 and I so hope this isn't going to be the last we see of him, it would be such a shame if it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I'd volunteer for that, too. Or bring him here I'd be MORE than happy to "hide" him and help him adapt to life on Earth.

Funny you should mention that...

Jafana and I were just discussing the other day that most of her customers seem to share common traits with the Goa'uld and that her job really amounted to assisting them in adapting to life on earth as a non-deity.

I decided we should call this new responsibility Goa'uld Social Integration and get little golden badges that say 'GIS Facilitator'.

But that would be geeky

Though 'Baal in a Bottle' still holds certain attractions for me...

Comment

Though 'Baal in a Bottle' still holds certain attractions for me...
                  Well, he'd be pretty to look at, but you wouldn't really be able to DO anything with him, y'know?

Unless you took to dressing him up in Ken & Barbie clothes.

Comment

Well, he'd be pretty to look at, but you wouldn't really be able to DO anything with him, y'know?

Unless you took to dressing him up in Ken & Barbie clothes.
                    Hmm you have a point.

Barbie would be pleased though

But could always keep him shrunk for storage purposes and then zap him back to normal size so he can do his...chores

*evil grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                      Hi there!
                      I've always had a thing for the 'bad' guys in sci-fi, but Ba'al is in a league of his own. I thought he was excellent in Reckoning 1&2 and I so hope this isn't going to be the last we see of him, it would be such a shame if it was.
                      Welcome welcome.

The worship of Ba'al is a very rewarding experience

Love the sig btw!

Comment

But could always keep him shrunk for storage purposes and then zap him back to normal size so he can do his...chores
                        Yes, well, he IS on my list of cabana boys, so he'd be getting a very vigorous... workout.

Comment

Yes, well, he IS on my list of cabana boys, so he'd be getting a very vigorous... workout.
                          Hmm see I always wondered how our Goa'uld overlords manage to stay in such good shape.

I got so curious I even sent a question in to the great and powerful Sen'il.

I mean do they work out?

Or does the symbiot take care of a little over indulgence on chocolate cake and larval symbiots?

Or is it the sarcophagus that keeps them looking so I-just-came-from-the-gym-and-now-i'm-at-the-tanning-salon svelte?

Comment

Baal wouldn't need his symbiote or his sarc to keep him in shape if I got my hands on him!

Comment

Baal wouldn't need his symbiote or his sarc to keep him in shape if I got my hands on him!
                              Lmao!

I suspect that's very true.

Have you seen Reckoning yet?

Spoiler:
                              LOVED our evil overlord in that one. He stole the show for me. Who cares about Replicators (or RepliCarters), the Jaffa rebellion, daniel's ancient knowledge or the destruction of the glaaxy when *that man...eh God* is in the room.

Even as a hologram.

I was starting to think that Sam might agree with us too... But that might just be me.

Comment

Haven't seen Reckoning yet. I'm tempted because I know Baal is in it, but as much as I love our god, I dunno if I can get over my complete disgust and utter contempt for what the show has become long enough to really enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X