Favorite season 3 quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite season 3 quotes

OK, I am not sure if this one isn´t here. I haven´t seen one so...
    And I am sick from constant complaining and negative threads so something positive for a change. What are your favorite quotes from S3?

Here are few of mine:
    From Vengeance:
    Dex: "Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"
    Sheppard: "I fly it, pick you, Rodney and Teyla up, we use the Dart's DHD to dial the Gate."
    Dex: "I was thinking, 'blow it up', but your idea's better. Get movin'."

Return 2:
    Woolsey: "That sounded like another explosion."
    O'Neill: "Yes. Yes, it did."
    Woolsey: "What does that mean?"
    O'Neill: "Something exploded."

The Ark:
    McKay: "The compartments between us are in vacuum, possibly damaged by the explosion. We're cut off from each other."
    Sheppard: "What else?"
    McKay: "Look, just give me a second to figure out how screwed we are and I'll get back to you."

Sheppard: "That's disturbing."
    Dex: "I don't like to wait."
    McKay (over radio): "OK, time for the 'How Screwed We Are' report."
    Sheppard: "Alright, go ahead."

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Even though I have only seen the episodes in the first half of season 3, there are a lot of good lines that I would list as my favorites.

I am going to start with a few from the begining of the season but I may come back to add more as I get a chance to go back and review them.

Misbegotten:

I love this line by Woolsey to Weir in the beginning of the ep. They are discussing the IOC and why Weir was made leader of the Atlantis expedition and the near invasion of the MW by the Wraith:

Weir: "It was their objection to having Atlantis under military control that put me in this position in the first place."
    Woolsey: "Nothing renews your appreciation for the military like the threat of invasion from life sucking aliens."

Not a funny "ha, ha" line of course but I think it was well written and well delivered. (Woolsey was so dry panned yet matter-of-fact) I also think that it summed up not only the stituation in Atlantis but also maybe a metaphor for life in general - we don't always apprecitae something or someone until we need it or him or her. Example: The other night my daughter's IPOD wasn't working. She begged my husband to fix it for her, which her did, then she promptly disappeared. My husband said, "How come the only time anyone appreciates having me around is when I have to fix something that you broke?"

Sateda:

I am not sure if this would qualify so much as a line than as a scene. So with your permission I would like to expand the topic to inculde favorite scenes too.

I love this line/scene with Teyla and Sheppard while on route to Sateda on board the Dadelus

John to Teyla: "You, Elizabeth, Ronon, Carson even Rodney are the closet thing I have to a family. I'd do anything, for anyone of you. If had to give up my life, the way Ronon was going to, I would."

This is a favorite line/scene for me because of the message it conveyed. It confirmed what me and I think what many viewers had thought for a while, John cares a great deal about the team but has trouble expressing feelings/emotions. (Would love to see back story on Sheppard to explain why this is - but that discussion is for another thread) What also made this line/scene good was the way JF delivered/acted it. He did an outstanding job of portraying a character that was struggling so hard to express those feelings - not because he didn't feel that way but because on the one hand Sheppard does care so deeply for his team but on the other hand has such a difficult, almost impossible, time admitting/expressing it. I just thought JF did a great job showing that struggle.

Thanks for starting this thread. While the so called negative threads have their interesting points, it is nice to have a positive thread that one discuss things that one enjoys about SGA.

Comment

It was my goal I don´t mind to have even favorite scenes here, go ahead

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

The line from season three that always stands out for me is from Tao Of Rodney:

Rodney: I mean who know what kind of long term effects I may be in for. i mean there's gross mutation, gigantisim, invisibility.

Sheppard: That'd be cool, I mean I turned into a bug.

That back-and-forth always makes me laugh. There's something about the way JF delivers that line that is so funny, probably because it's in such contrast, tonally speaking, to the way Rodney delivers his line.
        'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post

Rodney: I mean who know what kind of long term effects I may be in for. i mean there's gross mutation, gigantisim, invisibility.

That back-and-forth always makes me laugh. There's something about the way JF delivers that line that is so funny, probably because it's in such contrast, tonally speaking, to the way Rodney delivers his line.
          True... It almost reminds me of Daniel and Jack in the early to mid seasons of SG1..

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post

Yeah that was very funny
            sigpic

Comment

One that comes to my mind immediately:

Elizabeth: "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?"
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Loved this little bit from Sateda:
                SHEPPARD: Something wrong?
                DEX: I have a bad feeling.
                McKAY: Yeah, I always feel like that. Like something horrible's about to happen.
                TEYLA (a little sarcastically): How do you live?

Sateda, again. Rodney to Carson: Oh, what, and you're Rambo now?!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

McKay: Look. As much as I hate to admit it, Zelenka is not infallible.

*confused reaction from Zelenka*

Comment

Common Ground

Sheppard: Rodney, dial the damned Gate. Don't wait for us!
                    McKay: As if the bullets whizzing past my head weren't encouragement enough!

McKay and Mrs. Miller

Jeannie: These alien creatures must be quite the threat for you to even try what you're doing.
                    McKay: Now, I don't wanna scare you, but you need to know the stakes. We're at war.
                    Jeannie: Did you start it?
                    McKay: What? No! Come on!

Carter: Sir I've been thinking.
                    O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you stopped Carter

Comment

The first fave that springs to mind is CG.

Rodney: And we've just wasted two and a half hours... and a mouse.
                      sigpic
                      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Sheppard: Gone into space to pick up some frozen goods...
                        O'neill: Whatever.

Comment

From Sunday-

Beckett: You smell good too...

Weir: Shut up

sigpic
                          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                            From Sunday-

Beckett: You smell good too...

Weir: Shut up
                            That one was cute!
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Sateda the good ol' moments:
                              the time where mckay is getting his but shot XD
                              McKAY: I take it he was talking to you?

(One of the villagers aims his crossbow and fires at the team. The arrow impacts Rodney's left buttock. Rodney screams and clutches at the arrow.)

McKAY (high-pitched and horrified): That did *not* just happen!

Mckay is still crying!!
                              (The team beats a hasty retreat into the forest. Rodney, his arm draped around John's shoulder as John supports him with an arm around his back, is screaming in pain.)

McKAY: Oh my God, it hurts! I can't feel my leg!

SHEPPARD: Is it pain or numbness?

McKAY (screaming): Both!

Rodney is high lol
                              ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. Rodney, dressed in hospital whites, is lying face down on a bed with a canula in his nose feeding him oxygen. He is staring off to the side dopily.

McKAY (slurred): So many colours. All the pretty horses.

WEIR: What's he talking about?

BECKETT: I gave him some morphine for the pain.

(A soldier stands at the head of Rodney's bed. He never gets named [unless in the closing credits, which I didn't see] so I will just have to call him "Major" in this transcript. He leans down and talks sternly to Rodney.)

MAJOR: I need to know how many villagers. How far is the Gate from the village?

(Rodney raises his head and looks up at him blearily.)

McKAY (slurred): Have you seen a guy around? He looks like you, but he's got messy hair. I think I lost him somewhere. And ... and a ... and a pretty girl and a caveman. (He grins at the major.)

BECKETT: I may have given him a wee bit too much, but he was making it impossible for me to treat him.

MAJOR: Snap out of it, McKay! It's important!

(Rodney, taking no notice of him, is fiddling with his nose and the canula.)

MAJOR: Come on! What kind of weapons did they have?

BECKETT: I'd say something that shoots arrows is a good guess.

McKAY: Excuse me. Why am I lying here?

BECKETT: You have an arrow, Rodney, in your gluteus maximus.

McKAY: Oh. Well, that sounds painful. (He puts his head back down on the bed and sighs contentedly.) Gluteus maximus. (Slurring, almost singing) Glootus ... maaxim ... (He turns his head drowsily, still speaking calmly.) Oh my God! That's my ass, isn't it?!

BECKETT: Aye.

Comment

Working...
                              X