Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a weapon-based series, or virtual series, play out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would a weapon-based series, or virtual series, play out?

... We've had object-based series (the stargate (Stargate SG-1, in a sense)), location-based series (Stargate Atlantis and, I think, Stargate Horizon (can't remember) virtual series), ship-based virtual series (Stargate Destiny). How would a weapon-based series (guess you could still consider it object-based) play out? Your ideas...

Jesus is Lord!

oooooooh you just gave me an idea thanks.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Kinda lame idea, really. The analogy doesn't work. There have been lots of crazy weapon searches on all shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
        The analogy doesn't work.
        I agree with this, all shows are based around the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood View Post
          I agree with this, all shows are based around the stargate.
          I was just wondering how it would've worked out. But, isn't Stargate Destiny ship based? Is that based off of the Stargate too?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            oooooooh you just gave me an idea thanks.
            What idea?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
              I was just wondering how it would've worked out. But, isn't Stargate Destiny ship based? Is that based off of the Stargate too?
              There's a Stargate on the ship. Otherwise it'd have been Destiny.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                There's a Stargate on the ship. Otherwise it'd have been Destiny.
                But, the stargate isn't the main focus, is it? I was quite sure it was the ship that was the main focus.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Really? I was quite sure it was the people on the ship that were the focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                    Really? I was quite sure it was the people on the ship that were the focus.
                    Well, still, the people are the main focus, actually, same as SG-1. The Stargate has never been the MAIN FOCUS.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Oh. So there's already a ship-based story... T_T
                      My fic's screwed xD

Comment

There's nothing wrong with having more than one ship-based story.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Just wanted to be a little original.... xD Never mind.

For me Stargate is the strongest weapon in the entire SG universe. Remember all the tricks done with it. Only direct nuke beaming could do as much damage, but Stargate penetrated every dang shield (Even the Ancients' shields, maybe. Remember, Atlantis's shield was always powered up after the event horizon swooshing), almost destroyed the Earth, split up in half an Ori cruiser (With shields which can match to the Ancients') etc. etc. etc. and so on.

Still, a weapon-based story other than SG being that weapon could work as fine as any other thing-based... =D

A team sent in a (Some_Smart_Name) galaxy encounters a (Another_Smart_Name) rifle which can vaporize everything in one shot but can only be used when a Stargate is powered nearby because it's draining energy from wormhole. Also because of a lot of plotholes it won't be used in every occasion and mostly when it can save the day, but a lot of bad guys will try to steal it and if they do, they'll use it at it's fullest. Of course the weapon won't ever be used against these bad guys because it's too easy.

Comment

I like the last comment (the Paragraph). LOL

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                            X