Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Gateworld thought of publishing a Super Companion Book covering all 10 seasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Gateworld thought of publishing a Super Companion Book covering all 10 seasons?

The companions that have been published today for Stargate are weak at best IMO.

With the series proper looking like it may end its TV series run soon, has Gateworld given any thought to publishing the info in Omnipedia and the episode guide into some sort of super 10 year companion book?

Even if it was an easily printable .pdf file only available on the website, that would be more than welcomed I think!

Andy

We'd certainly like to enter the realm of book publishing, working with an established genre publisher, in the future. At the moment there is nothing in the works, though!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

i think it would be a great idea, gateworld is the most authorative site for stargate on the web, the omnipedia is one of the most comprehensive databases of stargate info. If you published a companion guide to Stargate, it would be in volumes not just one book, and it would be worth it. "Gateworld - your guide to stargate" I think it would be a great way for Gateworld to be the complete guide to stargate, plus imagine all the additional info you guys have on the show through interviews, special features, blog. For a book, you probley have the best resources for producing a guide there is. Plus you already have links to amazing and an established market because your already the main stargate site and could advertise a book better than any of the other guides that have been produced. If nothing is in the works it could be worth lookin in to it
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        We'd certainly like to enter the realm of book publishing, working with an established genre publisher, in the future. At the moment there is nothing in the works, though!
        This is good to hear that it is something you would be interested in.

From a business aspect though, wouldn't this be the right time to start exploring this? I would think the further away you get from the end of Season 10, the less likely you will be able to find a good publishing deal.

Strike while the iron is hot (or what ever that old saying was )

1 volume or 10, I would pay pretty much anything to get the GateWorld and Omnipedia info in a nice book or even a simple printable PDF.

Comment

indeed, gateworld is the ultimate stargate online resource and to get it in the physical world as it were, would be a great thing. Im sure you already have a hardcopy somewhere.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            that be cool you have a whole Omnipedia stock full of info
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought about it, but then I'd have to shoot anyone who actually read it.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I like this ider i would bye it along with a tshirt if you are still on about that
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                  I like this ider i would bye it along with a tshirt if you are still on about that
                  It would be neat. Go to a convention and see a hundred people all with GateWorld.net T-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    I thought about it, but then I'd have to shoot anyone who actually read it.
                    and green to you !

*EDIT* Mapp !!!! The system won't let me give you green
                    Last edited by Caldwell's 2IC; 09 March 2007, 10:07 AM. Reason: Aaaghhh !!!! I can't give green to Mappalazarou...

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                      and green to you !

*EDIT* Mapp !!!! The system won't let me give you green
                      Hit your max, I assume?

Happens to me all the time.

Comment

Oh fiddlesticks. lol
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                        X