No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... when you choose the "starburst" background for your PC at work, because it looks like the in-transit POV inside an active wormhole.

Yup. Totally went there.

Comment

I was at the store yesterday, and as I was walking in, I saw a licence plate that said, "Wraith". I got so excited in the parking lot, thinking about stargate. I must have looked completely crazy....gotta love stargate
      Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which is one Stargate moment after another: Tannith on the Gen-Sys board, Varro as a cop and of course McKay as an airline pilot/jerk, plus one of the writers is named Rick Jaffa.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

While I was watching the Olympics today, the last jump of the cross country course made me do a double take….

sigpic
          Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises was just one trippy Stargate moment after the other.

Details spoilered for those who haven't seen the movie:
            Spoiler:
            President Hayes looks good! He's aged well. But Teal'c's lost his edge! Mostly I couldn't stop thinking about how SG-1 could've ousted Bane much more easily than Batman and his one-man band of depressing numero uno.

Comment

From the final scenes of Serendipity:

"Ultimately, Jonathan concluded that if weare to live life in harmony with the universe, we must all possess a powerful faith in what the Ancients used to call "fatum," what we currently, refer to, as Destiny."

Comment

I knew this thread was hidden here somewhere
                Anyway .... So I couldn't sleep last night and I was watching tv, and I came across this show on tbs called "king of the nerds" anyway I started watching seemed pretty cool then all of the sudden there was sci fi related questions, and then there was a stargate question gou'ld lol I started geeking out, thought I would totally know the answer
                Then I had it wrong
                Question was about, what culture was influenced by the gou'ld, then it was a multiple choice Egyptian, Aztec, Mayan etc..... My answer was Mayan cos I was thinking of that epy where Daniel Jackson was taken by the gigant aliens in the pyramid (facepalm) so dumb lol wrong epy, wrong answer, totally missed it, need to rewatch now
                sigpic
                siggy made by RogueRanger
                http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
                killing threads one post at a time

Comment

When my cockateels had an accidentally hatch of four three years ago, I called the little ones Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam. When they grew older it turned out that Jack was a Jacqueline, Sam really was a Sam, Teal'c mostly got white feathers and Danny-boy was not the brightest!!
                  Nevertheless, they still are my daily Stargate moment.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Here is a couple that made me laugh
                    Over summer i told my friend who i went camping with that he needed to get out more when he said he had never gone fishing before, he responded that i dragged him to the middle of a forest in another state, how much more out can he get (kinda laughed, reminded me of the SGA scene.
                    Another that was just last week was at work one of my old bosses who was an ass (got transferred to another store a couple years ago), well he recently got promoted to cooperate level and was in the store i work at doing an inspection, only thing i could think of was the stargate quote "Congratulations, failing upward i see" from full circle. OFC i didn't actually say that, lol, I'd rather keep my job, haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X