Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

You know, one of those moments in real life where you are suddenly and unexpectedly reminded of Stargate.

This one happened to me and it's so obvious I don't know why it never happened before. There's a fountain in the lobby of my office building. The sun reflecting off of the water... That is too obvious. It made me smile though and that's what's important.

Then I was watching Gilmore Girls where a couple of minor recurring characters are played by Michael and David Deluise are the groom and best man in a Renaissance wedding and I wonder if Sam knows how cute Pete would look in tights.

What's your Stargate moment?

(My apologies if this is already done or in the wrong spot. I'm rather new here. I've looked around for something similar and searched a bit. I think I got it right. Let me know!)

someone once told me they were standing in the toilets at the con, and the water was blue, and they and saome friends keot flushing and saying 'look, it's an event horizon i swear!'.i guess that was their stargate moment (and when they came out of the toilet, vaitare bandera was standing there, giggling) (actually, i once bumped into amanda tapping in a bathroom, but that's a different story)

my stargate moment...a friend of mine has a friend, who has a brother, who has never heard of stargate, but has three chilldren call jack, sam and daniel. he also has a friend who's going out with a controlling policeman no-one likes..called pete (seriously!)
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

A couple weeks ago I walked into a different branch of my bank than I usually visit and had a definite stargate moment. The employee of the month plaque by the door listed "Sam Carter." The picture was of a guy, but I did one heck of a double take at the name regardless.
      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

I saw a Reserved Parking sign, once, and it was reserved for,... you guessed it: SG-1

The spot was empty, but I could imagine a Volvo, a big old Ford truck or a Hummer parked there.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I have a stargate moment every time I see a Home Depot commercial, lmao.

Comment

Oh yeah, the name thing. At the front desk was a vistor name badge for a Jack O'Neill. I didn't get to see the guy but the receptionist let me have the badge at the end of the day.

Comment

My brother in law got married in May to a girl who's maiden name is Jackson. At the wedding, I was introduced to her younger brother, Daniel!!!!! I stood speechless for a moment, and then explained why I was in such shock. He hadn't even heard of Stargate!!!!

So now I am Daniel Jackson's sister in law!!! LOL

Comment

Before school started, I took the gatelets to school to find out what class they were in, while looking to see who was in their classes, my oldest saw a friend Daniel on the list. When I glanced at it I saw his last name. You guessed it. Jackson. We started laughing because he knew the kid for a few years, but never knew his last name. (The gatelets are big fans. In fact, Dr. Jackson has inspired the oldest to consider going into archaeology.)

Then there was Sunday when I was listening to an interview with a Gubernatorial candidate whose name is Mike The Mover. No Joke. He legally changed his name for his business. Anyway, they asked him what his name used to be: Michael Shanks.

No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
                  Then I was watching Gilmore Girls where a couple of minor recurring characters are played by Michael and David Deluise are the groom and best man in a Renaissance wedding and I wonder if Sam knows how cute Pete would look in tights.
                  Oh wow! I saw that last night! I was talking to my friend and just yelled out "PETE!" it kinda confuzzled her, but it was fun.

Hmmm... I have tons of Stargate moments, I just can't think of any right now.
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                    my stargate moment...a friend of mine has a friend, who has a brother, who has never heard of stargate, but has three chilldren call jack, sam and daniel. he also has a friend who's going out with a controlling policeman no-one likes..called pete (seriously!)
                    Now that is really funny. Of course It would only be funny to us stargate fans...other people will think otherwise.
                    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl
                      My brother in law got married in May to a girl who's maiden name is Jackson. At the wedding, I was introduced to her younger brother, Daniel!!!!! I stood speechless for a moment, and then explained why I was in such shock. He hadn't even heard of Stargate!!!!

So now I am Daniel Jackson's sister in law!!! LOL
                      Oh that reminds me of something!

I've a penpal in Australia for the last 10 years, and she got married to her childhood sweetheart a couple years back. And i didn't it me one day until i saw her last e-mail and signed it "Krissy Jackson." Then it hit me her husband's name is Daniel Jackson! The other funny thing is that he's and actor.
                      ~Athena

Comment

OH! I thought of one (kinda)! Last year I was introduced to someone named "Jack" I didn't think anything of it at the time since Jack is a somewhat common name or nickname. Then, they started calling him "MacGyver" (I don't know why, they haven't heard of Stargate). Of course that's when I started on "YEAH! Jack is MacGyver, but Jack too and with a Stargate!" and basically just confused them all.
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

my stargate-obsessed friend and i were on the train with some other friends, and we were talking about something, i don't remember what, except i said "that's evil" or something, because that's what i always say to something i don't like. so anyway, then my friend was like, "daniel, go to your happy place." and we both start cracking up and these poor other people are so confused. it was funny.

Comment

A Stargate moment, eh? Well, there was this one time when I fell into a puddle and was transported to some other planet...
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Well I had a couple of things remind me of Stargate while I was on holiday last week, here are the pics I took of the things that reminded me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...k/PHTO0055.jpg (This one was too big to put in the post)

^The Earth Glyph

^This of course reminded me of the wonderful Colonel O'Neill

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Working...
                              X