• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promise (616)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON SIX
    PROMISE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 616

When the day of Lex and Lana's wedding arrives, Clark must decide whether or not to intervene. Dr. Langston attempts to blackmail Lex, saying that he will tell Lana the truth about her baby. Lana goes to great lengths to discover a truth of her own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 03:00 PM.

I got to see it this past Thursday and I must say I didn't like it at all. I mean Lana found out Clarks powers decided to not marry Lex and get with Clark. Then all of a sudden Lionel Luthor goes to Lana and says if you leave Lex I'll find a way and kill Clark.....So Lana ended up breaking Clarks heart yet again and got married with Lex.

I personally hated the whole episode it seemed like a bit of a waste if anything.....Same thing as always Clark puts it all on the line then gets stomped on by Lex and Lana.

A question I have...when did Lionel turn evil again? I thought he had been on Clark's side mostly this season? In this episode all of a sudden he is against clark like lex.....

Two of my friends who watch the show with me have stated they are done watching it because of this episode alone....I'm almost agreeing with them.

What did everyone think of this episode?
    Actor
    [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

I don't believe that Lionel has turned evil again, but he's actually carrying out Jor'els orders. After what happened to Lionel, his experiences with Jor'el greatly changed him to the point where he would do anything to protect Clark, but Jor'el has always believed that Clark's friends, family and anyone he has loved aren't important and that he should embrace his destiny.

Clark being with Lana could greatly change the influence Jor'el could have over Clark. Clark has always put those he cares about over what Jor'el wants, and Lana's influence over Clark could be too great for Jor'el to risk his plans, or Lionel steps in

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I liked this episode. Sucks that Clark got hurt yet again, but that's par for the course on this show.

I actually can't wait to see what is actually behind Lionel's actions. Also, to see what will become of this "marriage from hell".
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I actually can't wait to see what is actually behind Lionel's actions. Also, to see what will become of this "marriage from hell".
          My bet, the kid is actually Clark's and Lionel knows it. He's out to get the kid for himself, in what could be his own scheme or part of something Jor'el is up to.

Sucks that Clark got hurt yet again, but that's par for the course on this show.
          I know, the guy should either get with Chloe or the writers should just hurry up and get him with Lois. Clark getting with Lana is the most obvious thing we know will never happen yet they keep throwing it at us, season after season.

sigpic

Comment

this was a really really good episode.. everything was done nicely..

but i gotta say it was sad.. this moment would have changed everything about clark kents life in the future.. so close..

i still like lana.. cause even finding out the truth about clark for the second time.. she still accepted him and wanted to be with him.. but no... damn luthors always get in the way

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Personally, I liked this episode. Sucks that Clark got hurt yet again, but that's par for the course on this show.

Same here, i liked the episode and i hope they will develop Lana and Lex even more. I like the 3 L scene - Lana/Lex and Lionel.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I know, the guy should either get with Chloe or the writers should just hurry up and get him with Lois. Clark getting with Lana is the most obvious thing we know will never happen yet they keep throwing it at us, season after season.
                Agree! but not with Chloe. PLS! Lois is the right one. and Lex and Lana as a team -goodies!

Comment

Originally posted by tofuchef View Post
                  this was a really really good episode.. everything was done nicely..

but i gotta say it was sad.. this moment would have changed everything about clark kents life in the future.. so close..

i still like lana.. cause even finding out the truth about clark for the second time.. she still accepted him and wanted to be with him.. but no... damn luthors always get in the way
                  Agree and i also like Lana

Comment

Wow, loved the episode, it was great finally Lana knows.

The episode was a bit wierd like that 100th episode, but they did a great job with the 3 points of view, and they are bringing up so many potential story lines, such as what the child is about, why Lionel did that to Clark and know what about Lana and Clark and Lana and Lex, oooh, its getting heavy, and I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hope that we see more of the Justice League especially Flash and Martian Manhunter (hopefuly they become permanent characters).

But its getting good and we can also see how EVIL Lex is turnin'.

Heavy!!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Why does every episode have to be about Lane the purest person in the whole entire world. I mean hello writers get over her and can we start making Clark into Superman please.

Worst episode to date. Lana go away.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                        Why does every episode have to be about Lane the purest person in the whole entire world. I mean hello writers get over her and can we start making Clark into Superman please.

Worst episode to date. Lana go away.
                        uh how about you go away. smallville isn't the making of clark into superman.. it's clark before he became superman.

Comment

uh how about you go away. smallville isn't the making of clark into superman.. it's clark before he became superman.
                          WORD!

Comment

That's uncalled for. Don't like someone's opinion, ignore it rather than make comments like that.

I agree with Ruined_puzzle. I can't stand Lana either. If we get another season of Smallville, I won't be sorry if she doesn't return.

smallville isn't the making of clark into superman.. it's clark before he became superman.
                            Yes, the show is not about Clark being Superman, but it most definitely is about the making of Superman. The show is all about how Clark discovers who he is physically and philosophically thus leading him to his ultimate destiny.

As far as the episode, it was okay, somewhat confusing at first. Interesting that Lana has now confirmed her suspicions about Clark. I wonder how that will play out...will the writers let her keep that knowledge or will something happen that makes her forget it.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm getting kind of tired of this whole Lana and Lex thing... can we please get back to Clark and give him the spotlight more? As much as I like Lex and Lana, their relationship is just kind of dragging on.

I liked this episode. It was a real step up from the trainwreck that was "Freak" and it had a wonderful soundtrack to go along with it; my favourite part was deffinately the music.

But at the same time, this episode gave me a headache. The different timelines of the 3 characters seperately was just annoying. I would have preferred a complete timeline with all 3 together... sure, it would have taken some of the suspense away, but it still would have been better. I kept having to remind myself about certain things happening AFTER whatever event was happening in one timeline, when they were shown earlier in another.

I'm very disapointed in Lana, too. She had little faith in Clark that he could defend himself, that she didn't even tell him that Lionel couldn't be trusted. Is it just me or has she gotten weaker?

Comment

Working...
                              X