Promise (616)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nekoi
    I'm very disapointed in Lana, too. She had little faith in Clark that he could defend himself, that she didn't even tell him that Lionel couldn't be trusted. Is it just me or has she gotten weaker?
    her reaction was quite relevant actually - it's the exact same scene as in 5x16 (hypnotic) when Clark ditches Lana, only this time the roles are reversed - he was protecting her & now she's protecting him
    plus, simple human intuition must have told her that Lionel wasn't bluffing when he was talking about clark's fatal weakness

when Clark went to see Lana at the mansion (first time) and Lana told him she'd been "in denial" & wasn't gonna marry lex I first thought Clark was dreaming up another fantasy. then she said "I don't have time to explain", only then was it obvious that it was for real, heh

the mystery surrounding Lana's pregnancy seems pretty much solved by now (or is that just me ?) - and Lionel is the biggest puzzle : surely he didn't go to such extremes just for junior's sake. plus you'd expect him (of all people) to promptly seize the chance to take over Luthorcorp...nope the old man has other plans, definitely...

IMO this episode shows that for all the (very commendable) acting from all the actors, John Glover (Lionel) still pwns them all. this guy plays his role flawlessly and the face-offs between Lionel & Lex are still my favorites of all the character interactions in the show

EDIT : oh and Lex killing someone - on his wedding day. almost funny, in a way
    yup evil Lex definitely shows promise hehe...
    Last edited by SoulReaver; 21 March 2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

This episode is everything that's wrong with Smallville.

Picture the crypt murder scene, but imagine yourself in Lex's place and the show's writers in the poor ol doc's place.
      It helps relieve the aggravation.

The only reason I'm still watching is because I'm hoping for more Justice League action.

Comment

the problem with this episode was that it just had to happen for the sake of happening.

Comment

Working...
        X