Crossroads, Part 1 (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
    That was an ad-lib by Michael Hogan. I don't really have a problem with the Colonials actually speaking English, without their words (and written letters!) being somehow translated. Other languages which have appeared: various French loanwords ("elan", said by Six; "esprit de corps", said by Captain Taylor), French verbs on a board in Roslin's New Caprican schoolhouse, Chinese letters on boxes in a webisode, a Sanskrit prayer near the end of the Miniseries. It's no stranger than their similarities to us in clothing and government. Either parallel evolution, or it's the future and Kobol was a colony of Earth. After all, it's a fact in the real world that human life evolved here, not some other planet.
    hmm im not sure if its the future... remember in the old series of 1980 it was present day during the cold war. and that infamous episode where a cylon raider crash lands on earth and the DOD is trying to guess which country its coming from. "my guess is its russian". with the current russian president seeming like a soviet leader these days it will be interesting to see if that is replayed out in season 4 if the fleet makes it to earth.

while on the subject of old story lines there is one i would really like to see revisted while we are hanging and wondering if those 4 are cylons. its something leobon said to roslin in season 1 "adam is a cylon".

hmmmm he never said which one...could be lee? and at the end of cross roads part 2 i felt like i was slightly suppose to suspect if maybe lee is one.
    Spoiler:
    and there are those that suspect that maybe our beloved starbuck might be a cylon

thank you mark stern for no BSG till 2008
    SAVE SG-1
    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by The Hindmost View Post
      then I guess you can have fun putting it together, someone ruined that for me
      Your sig takes up my entire screen, it's karma
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

The painting that starbuck has on her appartment the "eye of jupiter" must have a special meaning.
        Did you guys notice in Maelstrom that the area in which Starbuck "died" had a storm which had the colours of this painting, also the storm was similiar to the "eye" of a hurrican. This may be going off the beaten path a bit but either Starbuck was hillucinating or she actually saw the "eye of jupiter" the pathway to our galaxy.
        This Maelstrom could be a wormhole/vortex which has been forming inside a dying planet, planets can die for thousands of years so it is possible the 13th Colony went this way.
        The light Starbuck saw could be from the light of our sun travelling through this vortex.
        The explosion from the ship is hard to explain though as her ship was supposed to implode, according to Tigh the planet was so dense the ship would have been crushed like a cheap beer can in the lower atmosphere. There would be no explosion if this was true, it would look as though an invisible hand caught ship and crushed it and there would be remains. BSG writers have been very consistent with making sure the law of nature is followed correctly, so I can only assume this little hicup was intentional.
        I don't think the destiny Starbuck was told of was of her dying and I also think the added picture in the middle circle of Starbucks drawing (in the white circle there is a 3 sided symbol, black outline with white and red) which by the way is not on the "Eye of jupiter" drawing in the Temple, is a picture of her ship flying into the centre of this Maelstrom.

I have loads of theories too like the origins of Cylons, Boomer, six etc..
        Did the toasters use prisoners of war for experiments or were actual people kidnapped, cloned and replaced by the cylon clone into the twelve colonies as spys. If toasters weren't independant/intellectual enough to do this then perhaps like the original series there is a Cylon base ship which has on board an AI computer system which in effect the humans built for defense reasons. Like in Terminator:Judgement Day, after allt he series is kind of like that, but we all know which one came first.

Comment

also don't you find it interesting that Giaus Baltar and the number six on board have the same affliction? where they each have the other in their head to the point that the visions seem real to them. Number six got caught kissing the air, when Roslin and her aid were spying on her in the cell. i thought that was quite funny.

I believe that when this model of 6 protected Baltar from the nuclear explosion on the Mini-Series that something went wrong with the downloading process, he got a part of her Concious and she got a part of his.

How can this happen if he is not a Cylon, does this mean that the resurrection process can actually be done by a human? This always gets me thinking

I am also a bit confused about this whole Boomer is evil now crap and Athena is the good one. It was the other way around when Helo first met Athena. So why has Boomer gone all I hate humans now, its kind of out of character.

Comment

I hate those courtroom scenes! Why do they make the prosecutor so pathetic and Romo so good? The arguments aren't even sound! Where is the evidence that the Circle was pondering over in 'Collaborators'? Baltar is as guilty as the colour red, and yet the entire proceeding is more about demeaning Tigh and Roslin.

I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. I focus my annoyance upon Lee, what a frakkin' pussy! He is the epitome of pathetic.
            sigpic

Comment

That what court trials are about discrediting the witnesses...

Although what he does might seem questionable an wrong but all he is doing is trying to protect the system and the ideals he holds dear. He is following his belief in a just and fair system. Truly noble

I can't believe Admiral Adama questioned Lee's integrity. He has more integrity then every single person on the show and he dares question it. Not cool Admiral. Not cool at all.
              Last edited by GATEGOD; 26 February 2008, 11:35 PM.

Comment

anyone ever listened to thsi ep loud

there a lot more to the music then just the melody. if you listen carefully you can hear the words

i didn't notice that before
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Saul Tigh "It's in the Ship!!!"
                  "It's in the? FRACKING SHIP!!!!"
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

crossroads part 1 and 2 are class you missed butterfingers a baltar quote im just getting carried away
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X