• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Son Also Rises (318)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON THREE
    THE SON ALSO RISES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 318

After Baltar's lawyer is killed by a terrorist, Lee is assigned to run security for his replacement -- a brilliant and manipulative legal strategist.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:58 PM.

Great ep! Baltar's lawyer is awsome!

That scene with the cat loose on the hanger deck.....lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Great ep! Baltar's lawyer is awsome!

That scene with the cat loose on the hanger deck.....lmao.
      That scene with the cat was my only gripe with the episode. It was a far too contrived and coincidental way to find the hidden bomb.

Comment

Well....Good Ep and some nice Kara Closure! But....its just not battlestar without kara for me.

Comment

what was it with that ending??

overall a great episode i hope that baltars trial is good there been hyping it for a while now .
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

great ep and i luved romo lampkin and yayyyyyyyyy a kitty on bsg woohooomeow meow meowwww

Comment

Anyone else start getting echoes of "Two By Two, Hands of Blue" while watching the bomb assembley?

Comment

Originally posted by unruhbrady View Post
                Well....Good Ep and some nice Kara Closure! But....its just not battlestar without kara for me.

I second this opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by unruhbrady View Post
                  Splain it to us folks on the West coast who want to be spoiled....
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

The cat in general was just bizarre, IMO, and as "contrived" as the hangar deck scene was, I still thought it was funny... though it did have me wondering if the cat was really a cat. *twitches in a completely normal and not at all paranoid way*

The scene with the coin always coming up heads reminded me very strongly of Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead. At the beginning of the movie R (or possibly G) flips a coin something like 100 times and it always comes up heads. Probably just a coincidence (ha) but I choose to see it as a ref to R&G.

What were the exact words the lawyer used in his note to Baltar?

Who played the lawyer, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Who played the lawyer, anyway?
                      Mark Sheppard- he also played Badger on Firefly.

Comment

It's nice to see Lee emerging in his own right and moving out of his Father's shadow.
                        "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
                        Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
                        ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

I want to know if everyone else thought that this show is finally back on track. Peronally if had that feeling that i hadnt felt in weeks. Lately i havent been looking forward to it, but now i cant wait to watch it next week. I think that this episode brought back the energy that it had in the begining of the season and even last season too. I feel that it is going to be a great end to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            The scene with the coin always coming up heads reminded me very strongly of Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead. At the beginning of the movie R (or possibly G) flips a coin something like 100 times and it always comes up heads. Probably just a coincidence (ha) but I choose to see it as a ref to R&G.
                            I was thinking exactly the same thing, I love that play. Badger as the lawyer was way way awesome, though I am unclear as to his motivations. I can understand someone who believes that even the guilty deserve a lawyer's best effort to prove them innocent, but lying to trial participants and manipulating the system don't seem to fit.

Comment

what happened on the bonus scene? what did they leave out on tv this time?

Comment

Working...
                              X