No announcement yet.

Dirty Hands (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked seeing the working part of the fleet. Unfortunately I found the end to be very weak.
    My favs:

Comment

Some people have commented they were amazed at Baltar's change of voice.
      Doesn't take much to please some people it seems.

James Callis graduated from the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Arts in 1996

This makes him something the British call "An Actor", I know Americans just have "Stars".

Also
      James studied for a BA in English and Related Literature at the University of York, where he was a member of Derwent college. He graduated in 1993.

University of York is, unsurprisingly in Yorkshire, England. And that accent he did was mmmm pretty much a Yorkshire accent.

Funny how many of the best people we see in movies and TV are Canadians, Koreans and Brits.

Comment

1. Baltar. So, he's originally from a backwater planet, abandoned everyone he knew to head for Caprica eventually got elected President of the Colonies, sold his people out to the Cylons and 'now' he's trying to play champion of the lower classes? I don't blame Roslin for wanting to airlock him!

2. I do think that Baltar's gotten into her head to an extent though and I think that it might have subconsciously influenced her thinking on the labour dispute in that she may have attributed the strike mentality to the fact that the strike leader had read Baltar's writings.

3. On the other hand, I'm sympathetic to Adama's POV here. Yes the workers have cacky lives. However it's "United we stand, divided we fall" with the Cylons on their backs and that's something the unionists seemed to have forgotten. They may have had a case and they may have gotten away with their stunt but they were gambling with the safety of the entire fleet a bit too casually for my liking.

And maybe that explains why Tyrol was reluctant to get involved to start with, pre-Cylon New Caprica this is not.

Definately better than last week and rang truer than "The Woman King"
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This episode sucked. Here we are in outer space, we've broken the light speed barrier, and our tilium fuel refinery consists of... wait for it... a conveyer belt!!! Okay now that I got that out. Here is my list of reasons to hate this episode.

1) Adama forgives mutiny again. Following on the heels of such shows as Stargate and Startrek, it is of course required to forgive mutiny, insubordination, etc at least once every four episodes; but I still prefer Vader's method.

2) Did I mention the conveyer belt! They might as well have put a wind mill on top of the ship driving the conveyer belt.

3) You've got to get a man's hand ripped off cause you can't shut the magical conveyer belt down or the whole ship will blow up. Then after the guy's hand is ripped off you go shut the magical conveyer belt off. um yeah.

4) Space OSHA

5) President Rosyln takes a 'hard line' against the workers from the beginning and caves at the end. I'd just like to think she has demonstrated more intelligence than to completely ignore the captain of a ship that makes all of the fuel for her fleet. Hmm you seem to have a problem that your workers are working 18 hour shifts for the last 6 months without a break; why don't you go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars, er credits or sometihng.

6) This goes back to the whole magical conveyer belt thing... You can make creatures with artificial intelligence so great that they can reason, dream, kick your ass, look like you, feel, think, wroship, etc; but you can't automate your conveyer belt so that you have a simple robot arm dropping the magically sand, I'm sorry Tilium, through a screener.

I felt like the whole episode was written by a hollywood producer who felt he could speak for the working class because his great great grandfather worked in a hot dog factory.

Comment

I love the idea of a Yorkshire planet! The people who lived there would be certain it was the best planet in the galaxy, wouldn't they?

I didn't buy that conveyor belt bit at all. It was obvious when they tried to fix it without turning it off first that somebody was going to get hurt. It seemed quite hypocritical of Tyrol to turn it off and call the strike after the guy got injured, since surely Tyrol was in charge and knew it was dangerous to stick your hand in moving machinery? In other words, the accident was Tyrol's own fault.

And were half the cast away on holiday? No Helo, Sharon or whatever her name is, Tigh, Lee (well, I don't remember him being in it), Gaeta, Dee.... and I know that Zarek is only a "recurring character" but they surely needed him to be in this one, or at least pretend Roslin was discussing the situation with him on the phone? Not one of my favourite episodes, I have to say.
            Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Deckard07 View Post
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6408524&postcount=89..
              it's never been brought up since that scene so i think it was just a mind frak by ron ....

even in the podcast he never even mentioned it
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Just watched the episode.

While I commend Tyrol and the Union for what they did, I also don't agree with them going on strike... Like, what would happen if the Cylons showed up?

It was also good to see the diplomatic side of Laura again. I was beginning to think they had set her too cold in S3... She and Adama just arrested everyone that went against what they thought... It's good to see her compromising again.

Baltar scares me... Because he's... good at what he does. But I don't understand what he was trying to do there? Get people on his side for his "trial"? I don't know.

Good ep
                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Fantastic episode
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X