what happened to the Tria? SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to the Tria? SPOILERS

Do we know what happened to the Tria after the ancients came back to Atlantis?

Was it left stranded between both galaxy's when they traveled in the Daedalus back to Atlantis?

Because i know the hyper drive was broken on it and the ancients took the ZPM with them to atlantis. But i dont think there was any mention of it after that.

Sorry if it has been posted recently...
    =============

Originally posted by minted_peanut View Post
    Do we know what happened to the Tria after the ancients came back to Atlantis?

Was it left stranded between both galaxy's when they traveled in the Daedalus back to Atlantis?

Because i know the hyper drive was broken on it and the ancients took the ZPM with them to atlantis. But i dont think there was any mention of it after that.

Sorry if it has been posted recently...
    Well no,one no's what happend to it. people think it may still be there but people think it might of been moved to a different planet. this topic has been made before i sujest using somthing called Search

Comment

Maybe we wil findout in the 4th season, as it could be a key point in an episode but the question is if we fo get it then how long will it last

Comment

Originally posted by nerus View Post
        Maybe we wil findout in the 4th season, as it could be a key point in an episode but the question is if we fo get it then how long will it last
        I reckon if they got it back it would last if they would equip it with a ZPM and fix the hyper drive. But that would prob never happen lol.
        =============

Comment

i was wondering about this to i hope we will find out in season 4

Comment

The ancients were at atlantis for months before they got wiped so they must have found a way to get the tria back up and running properly and if we find out that it has been untouched all that time then the ancients are dumb as donkey doo doo.
            =============

Comment

Personally, I'm hoping that it's the ship that Carter brings to Atlantis. They could say that they've had a team working on repairs and they needed Carter to help them finish one aspect they were having problems with or she could've just been sent to take command once they fixed it. From there she, for whatever reason, flies it to Atlantis and remains there for 14 episodes. All Earth ships are already run by someone (although that can of course change) and they just finished making one so it will be awhile before they get another ship. That means the most likely ships available for her are a modified Goa'uld cargo ship (they should've been able to recover 4 from recent events) or the Tria (more possibilities might be added in the next 5 episodes). But, it's a bit silly to upgrade a cargo ship's hyperdrive when you supposedly have a powerful Ancient warship sitting between galaxies that needs your attention. I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

if they fixed a broken down aroura ship 'the orion' then a hyper engine shouldnt be that much of a trouble, just ask the asgard to give us one and info on installing it and a few painting there and there theyre done

if they do bring it back im hoping for more info on it not just intergalactic hyperdrive and drone weaopnary

maybe secondary pulse weapons ...when you see it it has servaral stick like canons on top of it--just a theory
                sigpic

Comment

One thing I would like to know is hwy didn't the Ancients fix the hyperdrive themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    if they fixed a broken down aroura ship 'the orion' then a hyper engine shouldnt be that much of a trouble, just ask the asgard to give us one and info on installing it and a few painting there and there theyre done
                    As I understand it, the damage done to the Orion involved issues with the control crystals and computer systems. All they had to do there was replace the necessary control crystals and work on getting the system back online (which took a month - it would've taken more if they completed it and didn't rush to try to get it done toward the end). But, if they had to completely replace hardwired sytems they would have a serious problem. The Tria, meanwhile, may not be able to handle an alien hyperspace engine for whatever reason, so fixing it may involve trying to figure out how the old one worked so they could repair it with supplies they bring in. It's also possible that part of the repair time included building one (based on the designs the Asgard gave them - The Asgard seems to be letting Earth do more and more things for itself) from scratch, but modified so it fits the Tria. I don't know, but hopefully we'll find out when they hopefully show us that they did not forget about it. As is I'm guessing they're trying to delay introducing it since it would make Atlantis a little too powerful in their current storylines, but as the Asurans become more of an active threat having the ship will help to rebalance the situation so that Atlantis is still way behind their enemies but they have a fighting chance.

Originally posted by nerus View Post
                    One thing I would like to know is hwy didn't the Ancients fix the hyperdrive themselves?
                    They didn't have the raw materials for it. What happened, was they left the Pegasus galaxy for Earth and their hyperspace engine completely broke along the way which was an after effect of a previous battle. Being unable to simply go back to the Pegasus galaxy to look for supplies, but having a ZPM they realized that they could use it to at least travel a .999 the speed of light. Due to the time dialation it would take an extreme amount of real time, but they would be alive by the time they reached Earth so instead of using it to slowly return to the Pegasus galaxy where they could run into the Wraith, they continued on the Milky Way.

Comment

I think it was distroyed when it went to meet the replicator ship
                      Originally posted by cowpants
                      ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      Rosilin for pres

Comment

from what we know the Tria's hyperdrive was the problem nothing else, so at least going back to the pegasus galaxy and fighting the Wraith (if they have to, ZPM power/shield boost) depending on how long it would take to get back and also depending on when their hyperdrive broke the wraith were either hibernating or above Atlantis (If they haven't realised that the ancients left) so it could have been better than trying to travel between galaxies and then being killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                          I think it was distroyed when it went to meet the replicator ship
                          Although it's possible for them to the writers to stupidly claim later that the Tria was repaired by the Ancients and brought back to Atlantis to be destroyed by the Asurans it just doesn't make sense for them to have never mentioned or shown it. Instead we saw them sending a jumper to meet the Asuran ship - If you have a warship nearby Atlantis and you know the Asurans are coming why send a jumper? I mean sure they didn't think they would be a threat, but it takes nothing to bring your ship that is already in space to orbit Atlantis and wait for the Asuran ship or to simply hyperspace in when it's nearing the planet.

Comment

is in the cold void space !! XD
                            Hallowed are the Ori !!!
                            Follow the path of the Enlightment !
                            Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

The Ancients hitched a ride on Daedy to get back to Atlantis. I think their ship is still in inter-galactic space. It doesn't really matter though, because it'd just get destroyed anyway.

We can't have anything nice.
                              Last edited by Bragi; 25 February 2007, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X