Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael King of the Wraith in Season 4 (First Strike Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael King of the Wraith in Season 4 (First Strike Spoilers)

After watching First Strike with my friends I came to realise that now that Atlantis has moved planet the Wraith can finally find out it wasn't destroyed. With the Wraith unable to find it but knowing it exists could bring the Wraith back as the centre-stage villain

But which Wraith already knows that Atlantis isn't destroyed, and hates them enough to do anything to destroy them? Michael.

What if he is able using his bug soldiers to set himself up as leader of a large proportion of the Wraith, bringing the Wraith back in as a major threat.

Bassically this would give the Wraith the shot in the arm they need to reclaim the spotlight, like how Anubis rejuvenated the goa'uld as main villains
    sigpic

I wouldn't think that they would let the Wraith know about Atlantis as it would only be a matter of time before they knew the location of Atlantis and send another wave of hive ships to destroy it

Comment

He's known about it since before 'Allies' & nothing has came of it. After the events on 'No Man's Land' & 'Misbegotten', he'd be more pissed than ever at them. So if he wouldn't do it then, he certainly ain't now that Atlantis is at a new location.

I seriously doubt Wraith would bow down to him, they see him as a half-breed, full of human stench. The 2 Hives he's been on since being exposed to the retro-virus have both turned on him because of that. Therefore to rule over them, he'd need to kill them all off.

As to making it back as main villans, that just ain't ever gonna happen. Asurans are the new big bads, tptb have said they were always the enemy that they wanted for the Atlantis team to face. They were hardly even been seen in S3, so I'm fairly sure the writers have a lot more stories to tell for them. The Asurans were only in 5 eps of S3. I seriously doubt Atlantis is going to run like SG-1, or anywhere near that. So most likely it'll end up going the same way as SG-1. Get cancelled prematurely in S4 or S5 imo. They'll then finish the Asurans in a DVD movie, while also finishing the Wraith off in another.

Comment

I think we'll be seeing a lot more of the new Wraith hybrid creatures. I'd be surprised if they didn't turn out to be the Atlantis equivalent of Anubis's super warriors.

I prefer Wraith to Asurans, as far as enemies go. It's seems a cop-out to go with human-looking enemies (unless they do a whole lot of shapeshifting!).

Comment

Why would moving Atlantis mean that the Wraith will find out it wasn't destroyed? Yes, if they put the city down on some other planet then maybe the Wraith might eventually pass by that planet and go "Oh look, doesn't that look like Atlantis down there?" but in all likelihood the team would simply note the approach of Wraith ships and cloak the city, just like they would on Lantia, and the Wraith wouldn't know it was there. If they take the city back to Lantia, then nothing has really changed as far as the Wraith are concerned.
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting point of view, but I really don't think that's going to happen. Michael is no longer on of the wraith(as far as the wraith are concerned) and I don't think that they would bow to him. Plus, last time he was among them , they tried to kill him,so.............
            But , maybe Atlantis just happen to get lost in wraith teritory , since they don't know where they are with their city.
            I sure hope we'll get to see more of the wraith and of Michael and his "bugs" because I really don't like asurans as an enemy. They are boring!

Comment

the wraith have different personalities whereas the asurans are like one mind thing like they tell other to do something they do it, for the wraith its like tell them to do something they would suck you or snarl at you then suck you
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna20 View Post
                Interesting point of view, but I really don't think that's going to happen. Michael is no longer on of the wraith(as far as the wraith are concerned) and I don't think that they would bow to him. Plus, last time he was among them , they tried to kill him,so.............
                But , maybe Atlantis just happen to get lost in wraith teritory , since they don't know where they are with their city.
                I sure hope we'll get to see more of the wraith and of Michael and his "bugs" because I really don't like asurans as an enemy. They are boring!
                I hope we won't be seeing much of the "Super-Wraith." I had high hopes for it and expected them to be awesome like the Kull Warriors. Instead we get, IMO, cheesy, B-movie horror monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                  I hope we won't be seeing much of the "Super-Wraith." I had high hopes for it and expected them to be awesome like the Kull Warriors. Instead we get, IMO, cheesy, B-movie horror monsters.
                  I quite liked them mysellf so I hope to see more of them an Michael as well as other Wraith. I also love the Asurans so I have high hopes for season 4.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I would like to see Michael as a necromancer type character. He should create more different minions to serve him. I hope his new races will get a name.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I quite liked them mysellf so I hope to see more of them an Michael as well as other Wraith. I also love the Asurans so I have high hopes for season 4.
                      I'm relatively optimistic about next season too. It certainly has a lot of potential, with the threat of the Asurans, the Wraith, Michael, and now his Super-Bug Wraiths.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think the wraith would bow to Michael , since he is unclean. Don't know , maybe he can force them with his superbugs( I hope those things will get a name). In any case he will be trouble for Atlantis.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                          But which Wraith already knows that Atlantis isn't destroyed, and hates them enough to do anything to destroy them? Michael.

What if he is able using his bug soldiers to set himself up as leader of a large proportion of the Wraith, bringing the Wraith back in as a major threat.
                          Kind of what Anubus did with those Kull Warriors...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Kind of what Anubus did with those Kull Warriors...
                            Pretty much the same and that would *sweet*

Comment

Michael is going to need more than just Superbugs for him to continue to be a viable character into season four. Let's face it: the guy is just going to really lonely if he has a bunch of henchmen with naught more than half a brain between them. This was the one problem I had with Vengenace, in fact. The guy's attitude says he wants be part of some group, be it Wraith, human, or some third group we do not know, but his actions are one of a megalomaniacal, and stereotypical, bad guy. I will be the first to admit that Fifth from SG1 was a badly handled character, but Michael's character should have been a similar character with (hopefully) better writing to back him, not the mad scientist of Vengeance. The leap from when we last saw Michael (Misbegotten?) to Vengeance seems illogical.

Comment

Working...
                              X