Page 1 of 265 12341151101 ... LastLast
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Thumbs up Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

This thread is for ONLY those that enjoy and wish to discuss the actor Jewel Stait and the character she plays on Atlantis, Dr Keller (with some Ellie discussion possible too)

It is NOT a place to debate the merits of the character, nor is it to be open season on Carson Beckett. THis is also not the place dish the private aspects of the actor's life.

Pictures - within Gateworld's rules - are allowed and welcome, as are fic recs, graphics and anything else in support of the character.

Bashing of Keller - and any character - is off topic and will not be allowed.

Have fun and enjoy celebrating your enjoyment of Jewel and Dr Keller

Default Re: Jewel/Dr Keller PRO discussion/appreciation thread. S3-4+ spoilers

Wow it's a long title. LOL!

Thanks Skydiver *is it your birthday? Happy Birthday*

Let the Appreciation begin.

Darn I have to go to work now.

Me likes her alot. Jewel came out strong and very personable on screen. She's dynamic, strong, and I can say the writers really did well. Of course we're only getting a bit of her, but that bit was enough to really give me a likable character, unlike some characters who came across dodgy from the get go...sigh!!

I personally can't wait to see more of her, and I'm not upset with her inception into the group, despite the fact I was worried about her characterization. The writers did well and Jewel was great.

Thanks for the thread SD, much appreciated for us who really like her.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Well we only got to see her in a few scenes of first strike but IMO i think it's going to work with her as the main doctor on Atlantis.

her character is unsure of herself and doesn't seem to want to responsible that Beckett left behind but i have a feeling she is going to be fine.

as for jewel it's nice to see her on tv again haven't seen her since her firefly days and her role as Ellie in season 2.

picture from first strike

Spoiler:

she can fix ships and be my doctor anytime.

She's purdy

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Hello all I didn't watch Firefly "poundpuppy29 ducks to avoid flying objects" but I did watch Serenity and liked the actress and character and I am willing to give this character a chance maybe she will have some chemistry with Rodney I always love to join ships.

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

yes she is

more pictures

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...eweldc2005.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ylee2003qp.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...tesamva8cd.png

as Keller
    http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...strike_127.jpg

I watched first strike again and she does fit well on SGA i think TPTB are trying to go for a frasier type character again which is a great thing.
    \\\

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    Hello all I didn't watch Firefly "poundpuppy29 ducks to avoid flying objects" but I did watch Serenity and liked the actress and character and I am willing to give this character a chance maybe she will have some chemistry with Rodney I always love to join ships.
    "throws rusty nails at puppy

serenity was my introduction to her too so your not alone welcome to the Keller thread

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

What's her first name is it listed anywere?

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

nope right now i think it's just keller.

I'm glad she's on the show. I haven't seen her work prior to stargate sadly but I'm really happy with how tptb is introducing her and I think with where she was left at s3 tptb is trying to give her a chance and show fans she'll be a good addition to the show. Let the appreciation for our new doctor begin

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    nope right now i think it's just keller.
    I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out what it is, as long as it isn't Hellen.

Quote Originally Posted by vaberella
    Me likes her alot. Jewel came out strong and very personable on screen. She's dynamic, strong, and I can say the writers really did well. Of course we're only getting a bit of her, but that bit was enough to really give me a likable character, unlike some characters who came across dodgy from the get go...sigh!!
    I really agree with this, I felt she was *right* from the moment she appeared, nothing was awkward or forced, it is the same feeling I got when Kate Hewlett appeared. I am glad Jewel has come aboard, I just hope they use her wisely.

Lieutenant Colonel atlantis_babe34's Avatar

to be honest i didnt recongnise her at the start of first strike only reconginsed her at the end with her hair back i was like "THATS JEWEL!!!" and my mate was like uhh yeah shes been in it from the start of the episode.. and then we had this argument about it
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
    to be honest i didnt recongnise her at the start of first strike only reconginsed her at the end with her hair back i was like "THATS JEWEL!!!" and my mate was like uhh yeah shes been in it from the start of the episode.. and then we had this argument about it
    You weren't aware she was the doctor when Weir was talking about her taking over from Carson? She even said Carson's name. And that she was taking over from him.

Wondering who you thought the random female was then? LOL!

Some pretty pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Some pretty pictures.
    I really like the second one. Very natural looking

screencaps credit to WikkedAngel thanks

Screencaps From First Strike pt 1
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Screencaps From First Strike pt 2
    Spoiler:

Screencaps From First Strike pt 3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks for the caps

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out what it is, as long as it isn't Hellen.
    LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing. Though, in the end, I wouldn't mind if it were. It would just be weird.

I love Jewel. She's so cute, on and off-screen.

I'm really looking forward to see more Keller. I really liked the way she was introduced. That was done well.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'm really looking forward to see more Keller. I really liked the way she was introduced. That was done well.
    I thought it was slightly manipulative *by the writers* having her be the only one to mention Carson by name since Sunday but really what else could they do? I think tptb handled it pretty well.

I hope they can find a good voice for her character, really hoping they will allow her to keep some of her obvious reluctance at being the new chief medical officer. I also hope she gets some funny lines, I think Jewel had great comic timing in Firefly/Serenity. Almost deadpan at times, she was great.