No announcement yet.

Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fell head over heels when I first saw Jewel in Firefly. And she left a pretty good impression in First Strike. I'll like her a whole lot more then I will Carter.

It's just the romance-part that's got me hitting my desk. Why do they want to do that? They couldn't even keep Cadman/Beckett alive. And they were so cute together.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
      some keller news

Quote:
      Staite is "fabulous," executive producer Robert C. Cooper said in an interview on the show's Vancouver, Canada, set over the weekend. Other cast members hinted that Keller may develop a romantic relationship with one of the other characters and will become friends with Carter.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=41871
      "Romantic relationship?" She's only going to be in 8 episodes and they may use some of that time shipping her? Poor Jewel, poor Keller and poor me.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Since Jewel was at the ComicCon panel, thought you guys might find this of interest.

Since it seems only US folk can view the SGA comic con panel, I've done up a transcript at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/85558.html

Enjoy!

If you're a US fan, go to www.scifi.com/comiccon and you can watch the video.

Comment

Thanks that was cool

Comment

For anyone interested, and the spoilers are minimal, really, the next SGA season 4 ad is up at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/90890.html

takes a few seconds to pop up. Features Teyla and Dr. Keller. Takes like a couple seconds for video to appear.

Comment

Romantic relationship with whom? Don't tell me it's Sheppard...

*starts Sparky rebellion*

"YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                Romantic relationship with whom? Don't tell me it's Sheppard...

*starts Sparky rebellion*
                I seem to remember I heard they wanted to ship her with Ronon but I'm not entirely sure about that. Yet, I think that's perfectly possible.
                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                  I seem to remember I heard they wanted to ship her with Ronon but I'm not entirely sure about that. Yet, I think that's perfectly possible.
                  Yeah... wasn't his gf/fiance on Sateda a doctor, too? She worked in a hospital, which is why she wanted to stay.

Comment

Yep,i hope we see alot more of Keller in S4,i first saw her on Firefly and i liked her butwhen i got first glimpse of her on Atlantis i was like that can't be Jewel Staite,she looks different,more grown up!

I was a little disappointed when they got rid of Beckett but i think Jewel would make a very good addition to the cast!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Yep,i hope we see alot more of Keller in S4,i first saw her on Firefly and i liked her butwhen i got first glimpse of her on Atlantis i was like that can't be Jewel Staite,she looks different,more grown up!

I was a little disappointed when they got rid of Beckett but i think Jewel would make a very good addition to the cast!
                      Even though I'm wholeheartedly a SCBer and still hope for Carson Beckett's reinstatement, I don't mind Jewel Staite joining the cast as Dr Keller either. I liked her a lot on 'Firefly' and think she's a good actress, plus I met her on FedCon in June and she was really such a sweet person. And in my humble opinion having Beckett return on a more regular basis (if it comes to pass) does in no way mean cutting back Keller's role. I see plenty of room for both characters. If Keller keeps her position as Atlantis' CMO, Beckett could perhaps join the off-world team more often or some such (after all Rodney also became a permanent member of team Sheppard).

The only thing I'm quite sceptical about is her becoming the CMO at such a young age. I think it would have been a better choice to introduce her as the new recurring doctor without necessarily being the CMO. She certainly wouldn't have been any less qualified if she treated them as 'normal' genious doc.
                      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                        Even though I'm wholeheartedly a SCBer and still hope for Carson Beckett's reinstatement, I don't mind Jewel Staite joining the cast as Dr Keller either. I liked her a lot on 'Firefly' and think she's a good actress, plus I met her on FedCon in June and she was really such a sweet person. And in my humble opinion having Beckett return on a more regular basis (if it comes to pass) does in no way mean cutting back Keller's role. I see plenty of room for both characters. If Keller keeps her position as Atlantis' CMO, Beckett could perhaps join the off-world team more often or some such (after all Rodney also became a permanent member of team Sheppard).

The only thing I'm quite sceptical about is her becoming the CMO at such a young age. I think it would have been a better choice to introduce her as the new recurring doctor without necessarily being the CMO. She certainly wouldn't have been any less qualified if she treated them as 'normal' genious doc.
                        All I can say is ditto on every single point!

sigpic
                        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I hope Beckett will return and they can work together with Keller.... She can be a very good assistant to Carson
                          By the way, Jewel was so sweet on FedCon, I really like her

Comment

her being sweet raises the hottness ometer for 10 to 12, b/c bad girls are

Comment

Aww,that's so cool you guys got to meet her,i loved her on firefly.She is a really good actor and i think that on Atlantis her and Teyla could become really good friends!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Aww,that's so cool you guys got to meet her,i loved her on firefly.
                                Twice so far. And I really hope to add a third time in October.

I'm looking forward to seeing Keller. It does help that Jewel is one of my favorite people to watch.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X