This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Most Improved Actor or Actress on SG-1

Who do you feel has improved there acting skills the most over the past 10 years. (hope i didn't miss anyone.

Richard Dean Anderson - Jack O'Neill

Michael Shanks - Daniel Jackson

Amanda Tapping - Samantha Carter

Christopher Judge - Teal'c

Don S. Davis - General Hammond

Teryl Rothery - Doctor Janice Frasier

Gary Jones - Sgt. Walter Harriman

David Hewitt-Rodney Mckay (he appeared in SG-1 so he counts)

Kavan Smith-Major "Marcus" Lorne

colin cunningham- Major Paul Davis

JR Bourne- Martouf

Cliff Simon- Baal

other post it

I'm going for Chris judge he yet from just standing in the back ground and being confused all the time.
    to giving so of the most memorable and moving moments in the series.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

That's a tricky one, possibly Shanks for the huge development of his character plus the wide range of emotions he's been required to play. Crazy Danny being a particular fave of mine!
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

^ yeah shanks definitly
      sigpic

Comment

Amanda Tapping - she's imbued Carter with a warmth that wasn't there in season one
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Question...

Are we really qualified to judge?
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
            Question...

Are we really qualified to judge?
            Probably not, but it's never stopped us before
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
              Probably not, but it's never stopped us before

Probably not, but it's stopped me. Don't waste the time on actors or their abilities, characters are far more interesting. Despite the fact that both can be subjective, one is far more out of my league, since I'm no actor.

It was just a question anyway...no biggie. Knock yourselves out...
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Who else should judge but the viewers??

Comment

Interesting thought. I do like the way that Michael Shanks and RDA took their characters after picking them up from James Spader and Kurt Russel in the beginning. Not changing the character, but growing them. The same is true in my mind for Chris Judge, really grew his character.

The most obvious improvement? Walter (Gary Jones) definately

This doesn't qualify for improvement, but one actor I was particularly impressed with was the kid who played young!clone!jack in Fragile Balance. It's rough playing another actor's character, I think, and I thought he did a great job! (there was an episode of Monk where we saw flashbacks to middle school and the kid who played young!monk was equally as terrific of an actor)

This of course is the opinion of someone who absolutely no expertise on the subject

Comment

Definitely Michael Shanks. It's hard to judge, considering that the writing has a lot to do with things, and also the fact that many of the actors are like their characters offscreen, but he has played so many facets of Daniel and shown a steady growth and change in the character over ten years.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I would say Walter...for he's really a stunt man and not an actor to begin with. Everyone else had years of training.

Walter had the greatest improvement IMO.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

The best? Definitely Richard Dean Anderson.

But the most improved? Amanda Tapping. Like sueKay said, she's really brought a warmth to Sam, which was lacking slightly in the earlier seasons.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Working...
                        X