• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phrases akin to....

Oh My God

and...

I've Wasted an hour of my life....

Come to mind....

If I was crazy enought to watch it lol....

FX look s**t, the blatant Billy Piper rip roaring RIP OFF!! was evident from the very first glace at the TV magazine.

The Thought of a dino/rampage TV show costing so much and delivering so little for the money almost has me angry......then I'm smart enough to remember that ITV pays itself and the TV License pays the Beeb...

My 1st though was Torchwood, I like Doctor Who more so but then Torchwood then This!!!

TV is being killed painfully
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
      Here's the real problem with the show: S1 is to be a 6 parter with a season budget of £6 million pounds.

That's £1mil Sterling per episode = $1.94m US dollars a few measly though from 2mil per show. Stargate only has an average of $1.5 US Dollars per ep, drop of almost half a million dollars. Considering the pretty poor cgi & effects in Primeval among the many other things wrong with it, you honestly couldn't tell that it was so expensive to make. Makes you appreciate some of the fantastic effects seen on Atlantis even more when you see how other shows can waste their budgets. Rainmaker ITV needs you urgently for their new big budget show!

If only I could be allowed to pitch a proper sci-fi show to ITV, get them to give me that sort of budget for 6 eps! I would propose my series 'Project Earth'. Pity it'll never happen though!

If you have ideas for your own show, try and find a way to do it! seriously. I think the only way to put some art back into the art is for it to turn DIY, and as technology is evolving all the time it seems more possible than it did say ten years ago. I admit its alot slower than say music-making where you can do it all on a home PC and not need a pro-studio with every synth and pro-mixer in the world but its certainly getting to the point people are doing some very good amateur stuff. Usually what makes the amateur films suck is the bad-acting, but at least for the FX its good enough for TV values (see damnatus the warhammer 40k film for example)
      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I can sum it up in one word - awful.

It was a total let down: really unrealistic and not at all believable.
        sigpic
        Beckett: What shall ah say?
        Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
        Beckett: I wish who was here?
        Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
        Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

They are trying to make it all American.

I live in England, and have to admit, English programes are WHACKAGE!

The Americans ones are good, and by looking at Primeval, you could they were trying it!!
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Rubbish i like most shows and this is rubbish and i am not watching it again i could not see one good thing with this show
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Hey, a whole week has gone by since we first experienced Primeval! Who'll be tuning in again tonite?

(I will but only because I'm currently billetted with a family who have two young boys with a serious dino habit)
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                Cat, I was about to green you for having the nerve to post that pun. But I'm fresh out of green jello, sorry!

Though I can and will.
                sigpic
                Beckett: What shall ah say?
                Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
                Beckett: I wish who was here?
                Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
                Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                  Hey, a whole week has gone by since we first experienced Primeval! Who'll be tuning in again tonite?
                  Nope, not if my life depended on it
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yep, more than likely. I watch anything that is sci fi/fantasy, even if I regret it afterwards. Here's hoping tonight's bug hunt will be better than last weeks rather disjointed opener.

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                    They are trying to make it all American.

I live in England, and have to admit, English programes are WHACKAGE!

The Americans ones are good, and by looking at Primeval, you could they were trying it!!
                    Ah, thank goodness you mentioned England instead of Britain. Now I don't have to feel guilty by association if the entire series turns into a steamin' pile of dino doodoo.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

rubbish program, we never make good sci-fi programs in the uk
                      sigpic

Comment

I gave it a go but had to turn off after seeing Jar Jar Binks show up.

Comment

TBH ... i was pretty drunk first timew i saw it .. that's prolly only reason why i might even considered it as something worth watching ...

no more ...

"suspension of disbelief" has it's limits
                          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Absolutely WHACKAGE!!
                            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Well, I did see the second programme, sort of, the two little boys I watched it with got fed up with spiders (dinos much cooler in their opinion) and started playing Power Rangers in between me and the screen. Did I miss much?
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Ivanova, I dont think so no. I'd say stick with top shows like.....Babylon 5
                                Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                                Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Working...
                                X