This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Jonas Quinn joined the expedition

Where do you think the show would be now if Jonas Quinn (Corin Nemic) had been ported over to Stargate: Atlantis instead of Lt. Ford?

The current (S3) state of the show clearly displeases the TPTB, hence the "soft reset," and the removal of all but 3 of the show's stars. This thread isn't about disputing this.

How do you think the show would have gone if the initial line-up was:
    Expedition Leader: Wier [Torri]

Atlantis Team 1: Major Sheppard (Team Leader) [Joe]
    Jonas Quinn (Team Archaeologist) [Corrin]
    Teyla (Token Alien/Pegasus Guide) [Rachel]
    McKay (Team Scientist) [obviously, David]

From what I understand they originally planned on bringing him over, but I'm guessing McKay won out (as he should have) in the end. McKay is Atlantis, so it was the right choice, but what if they brought Jonas in, in addition to McKay?
    • It would have been no stretch to say Jonas had the ATA Gene, since it is cannon that he was highly advanced/evolved (more-so than Carter at least), and could utilize more of his brain than regular humans.
    • He was also a capable fighter (given, no Ford or Ronan).
    • Was trusted, and SGC trained, with more off-world combat experience than Ford.
    • Was almost comparable to Daniel's level of historical knowledge.

It would have also given Atlantis a closer team combo in relation to what made SG-1 so successful; Charismatic team leader, brilliant scientist, archaeologist w/ heart, and alien warrior/guide.

The only problem I could foresee, is perceiving Atlantis as SG-1's "dumping ground," but remember Wier, McKay, Major Lorne, and SG-1 star Sam Carter were all ported over from SG-1.
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 10 February 2007, 08:32 PM. Reason: add
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    Where do you think the show would be now if Jonas Quinn (Corin Nemic) had been ported over to Stargate: Atlantis instead of Lt. Ford?

The current (S3) state of the show clearly displeases the TPTB, hence the "soft reset," and the removal of all but 3 of the show's stars. This thread isn't about disputing this.

From what I understand they originally planned on bringing him over, but I'm guessing McKay won out (as he should have) in the end. McKay is Atlantis, so it was the right choice, but what if they brought Jonas in, in addition to McKay?
    • It would have been no stretch to say Jonas had the ATA Gene, since it is cannon that he was highly advanced/evolved (more-so than Carter at least), and could utilize more of his brain than regular humans.
    • He was also a capable fighter (given, no Ford or Ronan).
    • Was trusted, and SGC trained, with more off-world combat experience than Ford.
    • Was almost comparable to Daniel's level of historical knowledge.

It would have also given Atlantis a closer team combo in relation to what made SG-1 so successful; Charismatic team leader, brilliant scientist, archaeologist w/ heart, and alien warrior/guide.

The only problem I could foresee, is perceiving Atlantis as SG-1's "dumping ground," but remember Wier, McKay, Major Lorne, and SG-1 star Sam Carter were all ported over from SG-1.
    tht would have been very interesting to see. Maybe he will be in the new stargate sersis?

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
      tht would have been very interesting to see. Maybe he will be in the new stargate sersis?
      Doubtfull. From what I heard Corin Nemec is in no mood to do stargate again, and remember we haven't seen him for like 4 years.

Plus, the Ori invaded Kelowna, so Jonas is either dead or serving the Ori now. Would be awesome and funny if SG-1 ran into him as an ori soldier somewere tho .
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

simple answer no

why i never liked his caracther in the first place

Comment

yea running into jonas as a ori soldier would be funny

Comment

Makes no sense to bring Jonas to SGA. He's got his own concerns on his own world.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ascended One View Post
              yea running into jonas as a ori soldier would be funny
              I don't know about funny, but if he has to come back, why not as an ori prior?
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I would think if the Ori came into contact with Jonas they would want to keep him alive. As they would know he knows SG-1 & the SGC

Comment

I certainly think it would have made for a more interesting team dynamic from the start.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Don't know why it's even worth thinking about as he's been gone for something like 4 seasons or so. They even mentioned his planet had fallen, yet never dropped in his name. Not to mention they could have brought him back in 'Ripple Effect' like they did with a few others from the show's past.

With SG-1 finishing soon, then he's as relegated now to the same realm as the Furlings.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                      Doubtfull. From what I heard Corin Nemec is in no mood to do stargate again, and remember we haven't seen him for like 4 years.
                      He's posted on his message board that he wants to do more Stargate.

Had SG-1 ended with "Full Circle," then Jonas would have been sent to Atlantis. However, after "Homecoming," it'd be unbelievable for Jonas to leave his home and go to Atlantis. This, however, doesn't rule out Corin Nemec showing up as a special guest star. Unfortunately, this is unlikely as the Ori conquered his world. 10-07 "Counterstrike" featured Carter's mention of Langara (Jonas's world) and Herbidan ("Space Race" world) falling to the Ori.

Comment

No. His world was among the first to fall to the Ori.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really wouldn't want to see it if it had jonas in it. Ronon is so much better. Seeing him as part of the ori storyline would be good though. It would be cool if part of the movie was set on langara.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                            No. His world was among the first to fall to the Ori.
                            Isn't it funny how people post responses when it's clear that they haven't even read the first post in the thread?

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                            X