Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas of reviving the sister atlantis ship(the ship from THE TOWER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas of reviving the sister atlantis ship(the ship from THE TOWER)

I just rewatched SGA the return part 2, where they blow up the control tower(seemingly calling it stargate OPS). They said that they didnt worry about it, becuz the asurans would just rebuild it like *BAM*, just like that, in a few hours. i noticed that it just took them about 5 or 6 hours to rebuild Atlantis's control tower. and since they're replicators, they rebuild remarkably ffast. Since they have a grudge against the ancients, and here is where the sister ship(from THE TOWER) comes in. Since the sister ship, is also lantean, and ancient built, they should fake a distress call, and say stuff like "requesting help atlantis, wraith coming...help... and then they put the stargate location of the sister ship where it rests. The asurans will fly to that planet, put 3 ZPMS, and then make it fly just above the ground, use like 1 month to fix it, and then Atlantis's whole planet anti replicator machine will blast them, and they now have 3 more ZPMS, one more sister ship, heckalot of more drones. isnt't that a good idea? and they will have to relocate the villagers, fcourse.
    Comments, dicuss, please!

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
    I just rewatched SGA the return part 2, where they blow up the control tower(seemingly calling it stargate OPS). They said that they didnt worry about it, becuz the asurans would just rebuild it like *BAM*, just like that, in a few hours. i noticed that it just took them about 5 or 6 hours to rebuild Atlantis's control tower. and since they're replicators, they rebuild remarkably ffast. Since they have a grudge against the ancients, and here is where the sister ship(from THE TOWER) comes in. Since the sister ship, is also lantean, and ancient built, they should fake a distress call, and say stuff like "requesting help atlantis, wraith coming...help... and then they put the stargate location of the sister ship where it rests. The asurans will fly to that planet, put 3 ZPMS, and then make it fly just above the ground, use like 1 month to fix it, and then Atlantis's whole planet anti replicator machine will blast them, and they now have 3 more ZPMS, one more sister ship, heckalot of more drones. isnt't that a good idea? and they will have to relocate the villagers, fcourse.
    Comments, dicuss, please!
    Interesting idea but it would never work. If they fall for that which I doubt then the sheild would be active and the replicator weapon would have no effect unless we rigged the shield. Still I seriously doubt the Asurans would fall for that trick.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The sister city needs more than a rebuilt tower. For 10,000 years, or more the city has been overrun by all types of vegetation. Even if they could rebuild it, or if an expidition could, the city itself is the size of manhattan and could take an incredibly long time to clean up.

Unless the Asurians are good gardeners, I think it would look longer than 6 or so hours to rebuild.

sigpic

Comment

I think the only reason they
        Spoiler:
        stipped their own ship for parts
        is because atlantis was the star of the ancient fleet, so it probably held some special value for the asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
          I think the only reason they
          Spoiler:
          stipped their own ship for parts
          is because atlantis was the star of the ancient fleet, so it probably held some special value for the asurans.
          I don't think it had a special value to them, but more of a symbolic one. What could be better than taking over the place of your creatures, and even after they tried to kill the entire race, you take their city, make it your own have it as the centre of a city more bigger, grander and magnificant than anything the Ancients had done before. They were essentially taking over their version of heaven after their God had tried to kill them.

sigpic

Comment

Well it was where they were created....

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              The sister city needs more than a rebuilt tower. For 10,000 years, or more the city has been overrun by all types of vegetation. Even if they could rebuild it, or if an expidition could, the city itself is the size of manhattan and could take an incredibly long time to clean up.

Unless the Asurians are good gardeners, I think it would look longer than 6 or so hours to rebuild.
              Not to mention having to dig it out of how many tons of Earth and rock. However, even if they did all this would it really be worth it for them to fix it? Between the quakes and the pressure from all that weight over it, it must be so greatly damaged that perhaps it's less work to just build a new one. I mean between digging it out, rebuilding, and dealing with the quakes while you're doing all this (something that should even slow down their work) is a lot even for the Asurans. On top of all that they may think of the locals as the threat (resulting in their deaths) given that some have the Ancient gene and so they would probably mind probe them to find out what they know about the city. Upon doing so they would learn that Atlantis is on good term with them and that they check in from time to time. Which cannot be good for any plans Atlantis cooked up and we all know that the current leadership (including Sheppard and Mckay) is against asking an entire people to relocate just so they can have the city. But, it's unlikely that they would wiling do so anyway unless they were forced out.

That said I certainly hope they don't forget about it. Just like Atlantis, who knows what they were working on over there in dozens of labs spread throughout the city and I very much would like them to access the computers so we can find out how it got there. Did it come from the Milky Way at the same time as Atlantis? Did they build it in the Pegasus galaxy? How many others like it were out there? Why did they abandon it with fully powered ZPMs and why did they hook up with the locals?

Comment

I was under the impression that the city ship from "The Tower" was too far gone to be salvaged.

Comment

I think that best bet to get that thing up there is bring the Daedalus into orbit and have hermiod to modify (most likely needed) beaming technology to beam huge chunks of rock and soil away from it. But simultaneously we'd need a working shield to the Tower to avoid falling mountains.
                  Another possibility is to construct new shield emiter crystals (as replaced in the return pt2) to create a shield wave that sweeps the citys outer hull and pushes all material upwards, simultaneously protecting city from the edges as the real shield does.
                  But just imagine the crater...

Comment

y not Hermiod modifys the asgard beam to only beam the city in space or some else? But of course make sure no one is around.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                      I was under the impression that the city ship from "The Tower" was too far gone to be salvaged.
                      Me too, it was falling to bits even before the ZPM was depleted.
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                        y not Hermiod modifys the asgard beam to only beam the city in space or some else? But of course make sure no one is around.
                        Well it might be 'a bit' too big. But we can't be sure.

Comment

THe replicators could built Atlantis over and over easly, why would they salvage one?
                          Originally posted by cowpants
                          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Rosilin for pres

Comment

emotional value
                            its where they ere born, its the house of the enermy, they want it to be theres or they want to blow it up.
                            Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                              That said I certainly hope they don't forget about it. Just like Atlantis, who knows what they were working on over there in dozens of labs spread throughout the city and I very much would like them to access the computers so we can find out how it got there. Did it come from the Milky Way at the same time as Atlantis? Did they build it in the Pegasus galaxy? How many others like it were out there? Why did they abandon it with fully powered ZPMs and why did they hook up with the locals?
                              I'll bet that it came from the Milky Way and it used to reside on Praclarush Taonas since it had an outpost as well.

AGT58

Comment

Working...
                              X