X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica game coming to 360/PC

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...0b01344a033826

NBC Universal is partnering with Sierra Online, a division of Vivendi Games, and Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade to deliver an original, high-definition "Battlestar Galactica" space combat game this fall.

The game, based on the popular Sci Fi Channel show, also will be available on Windows PC and will be digitally distributed, bypassing retail. Fans will be able to download the PC game at a number of Web sites, including Scifi.com, NBC.com and Sierra.com.
    Maybe a 4th season is more likey??

Hopefully. More news like this is only for the better. But I'm a little cautious about the game itself. Sounds like it could either be good fun, like a "Rogue Leader" type game, or something really atrocious, like "Rebel Strike".
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

I read about this one 1up.com today.

Rumor's been going around for a while now about a new Battlestar Galactica game in the works. Now, thanks to a press release we received today, we've got a tentative street date -- this autumn. "We're huge fans of Battlestar Galactica and are thrilled to have the opportunity to create a game inspired by the TV series," said Ed Zobrist, president of Sierra Online. "NBC Universal is working closely with us so that players will be able immerse themselves in the Battlestar Galactica universe and re-live their favorite missions from the TV series."
      An article over at C&VG clarifies further with a quote from Bilk Kispert, VP Interactive of NBC Universal.
      "We wanted to bring a more intense combat experience to gamers. From a story standpoint, fans will be able to relive key battles from the first two seasons of the show, and then we'll add new content and missions outside of that."
      Battlestar is being developed by Austrian studio Auran Games, and distributed by Sierra Online. At this point, it's looking like the game will be a download-only affair, with Xbox Live Arcade and PC as the destined platforms of choice. The press release also reports that Battlestar will feature both a single and multiplayer mode, as well as the ability to play as both the robotic Cylons and human meatbags. It's not known whether TV voice talent will be appearing in the game (official word is still "to be confirmed"). That's too bad, because, really, we all need more Edward James Olmos in our video games.

Well I don't have a 360, so a PC version would be nice. However, I would be more interested in it knowing it would have the original actors from the show.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah having all the actors would be awsome. Hopefully they wonder render any cutscenes with computer graphics and perhaps instead film portions of it with the actors live on set. It would make it so much better. Hopefully they'd also have levels like in Star Trek Starfleet academy where you had to make choices between characters which effected your score like break up fights and stuff and use deplomacy. It would make the game so much more indepth and realistic.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think confirming a season 4 with 40 episodes would be better.

Yes 40 episodes because I don't think they will get a 5th season.

Comment

My only question concerns the physics...will it feature the simpler Aristotelian (atmospheric flight is space) physics common to so many space sims, or will it step up to more accurate Newtonian (conservation of momentum) physics, as the show seems to try to cover? (with varying degrees of success)

On a similar topic, should anyone be similarly interested, there is a rather neat space flight sim out there. It is freely moddable with any model you care to find, or create, if you have the skill. I've been kicking around the solar system for the last couple of weeks in a Mk. II Viper!

The Orbiter sim can be found here, and the Viper mod can be found here.
            "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X