X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Virtual Season 11?

Howdy all,

I'm wondering, if any of you would be interested in reading a virtual continuation of SG1. Basically, it would ignore the movies that are being made, and just continue on from 10x20 (I suppose, if the storyline allows it).

I've been reading an Angel continuation for a while now since its been cancelled and I really like what they've done. It gets the mind ticking over really well.

So would anyone be interested in having something like this put into production? Has this been asked before?

chem

I'm not into fan fiction, but I'm sure there would be enough interest for you to take the time to write the stories.

Why would your stories ignore the upcoming movies?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      Why would your stories ignore the upcoming movies?
      The movies are designed to bring the series to a close. Clearly, if a main character dies in the movies, or something magical happens like they destroy the Ori and all their followers completely, it would render a virtual continuation useless.

chem

Comment

Well, the first movie is intended to end the Ori plot. I don't care too much for the Ori, so I am glad that's being brought to a close. The time travel movie, however, is ment to be an example of whut future SG-1 movies would be like, and that is stand-alone adventures that don't require you to have seen the TV show. That's why they're making two instead of one.

I'm sure your fan fiction could accomodate the movies unless you want to continue the Ori saga.

Comment

It doesn't really matter if a continuation contradicts canon, a lot of continuations of a show in an ongoing franchise do just that all the time, its unavoidable. Ignoring the movies would be a good thing IMO, you'd be second guessing yourself all the time as there'd always be a new movie on the way and you'd need to readjust your direction to keep with their storyline.

Would I read? Depends on the writers to be honest with you, you'd need some great ones to give a continuation of such a long running show enough, if you'll forgive the non-word, umph, to get the aproval of the fan base, same goes for producers and the storylines you have. In short, if it was written well, I'd read it.

Out of curiosity, which Angel continuation are you reading?
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
            Out of curiosity, which Angel continuation are you reading?
            I'm reading the Virtual Mutant ones. Waylon Wychee is the person who seems to be writing each and every episode. It stopped at 7x08 in June last year, and I had lost all hope. After a boring day I decided to check my favourites and to my amazement that exact day a new episode was released (January this year it was). He grasps the characters really well and the story, IMO, is going in the direction Joss most likely would have taken it.

chem

Comment

Last response from me to avoid going off topic but, Lee is a busy man, so Waylon picked up what was left, the season fnale (should be) released tonight, with a movie (hopefully) out in March co-written by Waylon and Lee.

While I'm on the topic, grasping characters, properly, is a technique that can take a long time, especially if a character has been around for a long time to master. If can't do that then the most you'll ever get is a mediocre immitation. Best thing you can do is work on some spec scripts (about 5 pages long) working on the characters in various situations, and you'll get better at both script writing, realistic dialogue and writing for whichever characters.

- Good luck
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

No. You can't jsut ignore the movies it doesn't work that way.

And no way could a fan written series do Sg-1 justice. continuations are generally a bad idea and this one especially. So no.

Comment

Meh. You just have a negative outlook on everything. Virtual Firefly! You love that! So XP

I'd toyed with the idea of doing a script based continuation but I don't see the need since we're getting movies to carry on SG1's legacy.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'd say go for it! I'd read it. I know of a virtual continuation the '60s show "I Dream of Jeannie". The original 5 season 139 episode series has been expanded to season 13 and 334 eps, plus a number of reunion movies and narratives. It's located here. Scroll down to fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                      No. You can't jsut ignore the movies it doesn't work that way.

And no way could a fan written series do Sg-1 justice. continuations are generally a bad idea and this one especially. So no.
                      Stargate: Horizon is well written and it has fan writers making really good episodes the people who write it are not professional script writers some of them maybe but not all of them, i think a virtual season 11 would be good

Comment

Well I threw the idea out to some of the guys, but most just said no. I mean I can see carring on Angel because it was a cliff hanger, but SG-1 might be a bit useless because you'd have come up with new enemies, and it would just be a whole new thing.
                        Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                          Stargate: Horizon is well written and it has fan writers making really good episodes the people who write it are not professional script writers some of them maybe but not all of them, i think a virtual season 11 would be good
                          Stargate horizon isn't a continuation of sg-1 though. it's an independent spin-off.

Comment

Working...
                          X