Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be good to see more Being Human speaking of it was fun seeing Aiden as Kili
    sigpic

Comment

Being Human is streaming on Netlfix, so I might have to try that one. I tried the first two episodes of the US version and it was just a little too much for me. I had trouble with the werewolf parts of the show... it was a little too creepy for me.

Not sure if either of you have seen any of the US version, but if you have, do you think the UK version would seem just as creepy to me?

As far as the US version of Life on Mars... I like the actor that plays Sam, Jason O'Mara, so there was already a draw. I also was born at the beginning of the 70's and so I kind of enjoyed that aspect of the show as well. I'd probably like the UK version, hopefully they will live stream it sometime soon.
      sigpic

Comment

I watched a little of the US version but since it pretty much followed exactly what the UK one did it was a little boring to me it was a remake of something made just 2 years earlier. I don't remember how much of the werewolf stuff the US version had so I am not sure how well I can say how creepy the UK version is compared to the US. There was a transformation or two that had my skin crawling and George did look yikes mid transformation on the times we see that.

The US Life on Mars I missed that time being born in the 80's so that aspect wasn't a big one

Have I mentioned a book called Ready Player One here? I thought about it because of the living in the time of Life on Mars. That book is full of references from the 80's shows, movies, games, songs so so much a little of the 70's but mainly 80's there was even a Firefly reference in there (small one the character mentions having a ship that is a Firefly class and it was named Kaylee when he got it ). If you read the preview chapter 0000 gives you a good idea (although they only have the notes at the bottom of the page for that chapter)
        sigpic

Comment

DG... I have added that book to my cart on Amazon. Sounds rather interesting.

Talked hubby into trying Breakout Kings with me last night. It was pretty good for a first episode. It reminded me a bit of Alphas.

Spoiler:
          I only watched one episode of Alphas, but I felt like the characters had no chemistry even though the concept was interesting... so I didn't watch any other episodes of Alphas. I figured if it was good I could always watch it on Netflix. Have any of you all watched Alphas? Your opinion?

Anyway... I thought the first episode felt a little like Alphas (minus the abnormal powers thing), but I felt the cast clicked better, there is a little bit of sarcastic humor mixed into the dialog, but not too much which helps the characters chemistry seem more real. Will probably watch more of it.

On a side note... the show has some ties to Prison Break I've heard, but I've never seen that show so those references or characters that guest star will be lost on me.

Hubby doesn't like to try new shows and usually doesn't want to see more episodes when I do talk him into it, so I was a little surprised he enjoyed it.
          sigpic

Comment

It is such a good book! It has a good story and plot then you throw in all the references and it was so cool and fun. I had a hard time putting it down. I had borrowed it from the library and then I turned around and bought it not long after I returned the Library's copy lol

I watched a few eps of Alphas bailey I had the same feeling you did I wanted to like it but I just couldn't connect with the characters and they all seemed more in their own life than caring about the others in the show so I stopped watching.

Prison Break was good! Well..I should say Season 1 is amazing! season 2 was really good not quite as exciting as season one but still lots of OMG I have to wait a week to see what happens next?! season 3 ugh is only a few eps that are good (it was the year of the writers strike so thankfully it was short) season 4 was okay better than 3 but it didn't really feel like the same show that we had in season 1.

I am wondering now if I should try Breakout Kings to see if I can see correlations or maybe references between them
            sigpic

Comment

It sounded like episode 3 of Breakout Kings has one of the characters from Prison Break in it. Both shows have the same producers... and in Wikipedia... on the right side panel with the quick info stuff... toward the bottom it says "Chronology" and under that it says Prison Break. Not sure how much they refer to Prison Break... but since you've seen it, you might notice.
              sigpic

Comment

Cool.
                sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon from Denver! How's it going?

Mom and I got settled in fairly well here with Miriam. Having lots of fun!

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                  What a frustrating week with the internet for you, DG. At least once the internet is up and running, you will have a working computer to access the internet with. We will have to do some thunking/shipping to celebrate once you are up for it.

Double yoke is something I've never seen, Blen... is that a lucky thing?
                  You've never seen a double yoke before? Wow! I was told when I was a kid they were lucky. Haven't heard it since.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  It's only when I don't have the internet that I realise just
                  how much I use it, as you say, for something so simple as just checking things. How did we manage before we had it?!
                  Frankly, except for you guys, I can live just fine without the internet. I miss you when I'm gone!

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                  I only saw a few eps in the beginning and then I watched a few I knew Christopher Ecclestone was in (Oh the irony of watching a show to see the Invisible guy lol) and I saw a few here and then because my Dad watched I never really got into it. I have thought of going through and starting from the beginning and seeing if it was better to see it from the start but have not gotten around to it.
                  He Christopher Eccleston was in Heroes? I might have to go back and watch.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                  sorry off topic it has been way way windy here the last couple days of course this means big storm coming I saw the radar and WOW look at the colors in that line of storms

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...incolors-1.jpg

(I am where that white circle is just north of Fort Worth.)
                  Glad you made it safe! That looked like it could get scary.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  Glad you only are missing a few twigs DG.

Sorry, I haven't seen Breakout Kings.

What about Being Human? It certainly isn't anywhere near as gory as The Walking Dead. I think you would enjoy it. We are just about to start series 5 here on Sunday.

BTW it isn't anything like Buffy etc either. The characters are all really likeable and "human".
                  Being Human S5 is coming up? Sweet! I'll have to check BBCA if it's on soon here. *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                  Being Human is streaming on Netlfix, so I might have to try that one. I tried the first two episodes of the US version and it was just a little too much for me. I had trouble with the werewolf parts of the show... it was a little too creepy for me.

Not sure if either of you have seen any of the US version, but if you have, do you think the UK version would seem just as creepy to me?

As far as the US version of Life on Mars... I like the actor that plays Sam, Jason O'Mara, so there was already a draw. I also was born at the beginning of the 70's and so I kind of enjoyed that aspect of the show as well. I'd probably like the UK version, hopefully they will live stream it sometime soon.
                  I saw the first couple of episodes of the US version. It seemed to be a pale comparison to the UK version. I mean Annie even had the same gray sweater on. Same plot lines for the first couple of eps. And I was already in love with the UK version.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Glad you made it to Denver okay

Christopher Ecclestone was in it eventually he wasn't in there the full time it was on the air he came in I want to say season 3 but it may have been season 2.

That storm was bad and it is hitting states East of here hard it has thrown out a few tornados
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      Pictures from the premiere of ‘Bullet to the Head’. Jason look amazing and it was fun to see him hang out with his step-daughter. I also must point out that it’s fun to see how Jason makes Sylvester Stallone look so small (even if he isn’t a very tall guy it’s still funny).

More pics here (from JJ.com)
                      Spoiler:

From the Jason Thunk Thread
                      sigpic

Comment

Glad you made it to Denver, Ever!

Jason does really dwarf Sylvester.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sly is not known for his height. Jason's what, 6'4? 6'5?
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

And Sylvester is about 4'6"

Glad you got to Denver OK & that you are having fun.

Comment

Loving your different sigs for the Doctor's Blen... are you doing one for each of the 11?
                              sigpic

Comment

I am. The plan is to do a new one every month until November - or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X